PDA

View Full Version : Horowitz/Frum/Paul/Beck Debate Rages on

forsmant
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
h ttp://newsrealblog.com/2009/09/20/david-frum-refuses-to-acknowledge-the-whole-story-about-glenn-beck-and-ron-paul/

David Frum sucks.

angelatc
09-20-2009, 05:49 PM
http://anonym.to/?http://newsrealblog.com/2009...-and-ron-paul/

Same link - clickable and anonymous. Frum and Horowitz both suck.

orafi
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Somebody needs to educate the author on foreign policy.

amy31416
09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Paul gets cast out because of his insane foreign policy views. He’s an absolute isolationist who wants us to cut off our support and alliance with Israel. His foreign policy is all but in line with the anti-war Left.

Yeah. . .that's what makes him worthy of dismissal from the GOP, the fact that he doesn't want Israel to matter more to us than any other damn country. Please, make no mention of what our alliance with Israel, Saudi Arabia and other countries has cost us and continues to cost us.

I'd be willing to wager that if Paul only advocated ending foreign aid to every country but Israel that he'd be just fine with him.

forsmant
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I should post more often.

catdd
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah. . .that's what makes him worthy of dismissal from the GOP, the fact that he doesn't want Israel to matter more to us than any other damn country. Please, make no mention of what our alliance with Israel, Saudi Arabia and other countries has cost us and continues to cost us.

I'd be willing to wager that if Paul only advocated ending foreign aid to every country but Israel that he'd be just fine with him.

Nice

amy31416
09-20-2009, 06:07 PM
I should post more often.

I wouldn't go that far. :D

forsmant
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't go that far. :D

What? I am becoming more interested again.

amy31416
09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
What? I am becoming more interested again.

Just teasin' Sir Crabby.

Liberty Star
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Neocons infighting is a good thing.

'Axix of evil' Frum has turned on Beck because he tried to go after Ovama czar Cass Sunstein after Van Jones as matter of diversity in his attacks. But looks like he was shutdown by hardcore neocons and Beck is now switching to being 100% libertarian. This is winderful.

Chomsky
09-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Frum vs. Horowitz over the positions of Ron Paul by way of Glenn Beck is something I didn't think I'd see in my lifetime, and I welcome it with open arms. Dr. Paul is legitimized through such discussions.

Cowlesy
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Yuck. Does anyone else ever get the feeling there is a wing of the conservative movement that is purely Machiavellian in nature, and would sacrifice the entire f'ing nation to serve their narrow interests???

amy31416
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Yuck. Does anyone else ever get the feeling there is a wing of the conservative movement that is purely Machiavellian in nature, and would sacrifice the entire f'ing nation to serve their narrow interests???

Nods.

Felt that way for a while. In fact, I just made a comment to that end in an almost unrelated PM.

GunnyFreedom
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Frum vs. Horowitz over the positions of Ron Paul by way of Glenn Beck is something I didn't think I'd see in my lifetime, and I welcome it with open arms. Dr. Paul is legitimized through such discussions.

Sounds to me like they were pushing "Ron Paul as the standard for crackpotism" to me. And the defense of Glenn beck was that they didn't think he really agreed with RP in his heart.

I can't imagine how that would be a "good" thing. They even continue the lies regarding isolationism vs non-interventionism; and smear Paul calling him a radical isolationist.

4 thumbs down, IMHO.

GunnyFreedom
09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
yuck. Does anyone else ever get the feeling there is a wing of the conservative movement that is purely machiavellian in nature, and would sacrifice the entire f'ing nation to serve their narrow interests???

+ 10,000

Cowlesy
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
And it continues, to continue!!

h ttp://frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=36361

amy31416
09-21-2009, 11:50 AM
A whole lot of words, very little truth.

That "Swindler" guy is a real piece of work too. As far as I can tell, just a confused kid trying to gain favor and fit in with the grown-ups.

Cowlesy
09-21-2009, 12:00 PM
A whole lot of words, very little truth.

That "Swindler" guy is a real piece of work too. As far as I can tell, just a confused kid trying to gain favor and fit in with the grown-ups.

I am surprised at the crass dismissiveness and hatred directed toward Dr. Paul. Even Lew Rockwell, Pat Buchanan and Robert Welch (the JBS guy) got honorable mentions.

I'd love to see their full hate-list.

IPSecure
09-21-2009, 12:11 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Horowitz

Amazing, amazing...

amy31416
09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
I am surprised at the crass dismissiveness and hatred directed toward Dr. Paul. Even Lew Rockwell, Pat Buchanan and Robert Welch (the JBS guy) got honorable mentions.

I'd love to see their full hate-list.

I'm sure they'll never mention the fact that Paul's heroes of Austrian economics are almost all Jewish, as is his former adviser.

I don't think Paul has ever really even criticized Israel much, just promoted the notion that we should not give out welfare checks and stand by the founding father's notion of "peace, trade and friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none."

Why, exactly, is that so threatening? Israel has been around for 60 years--if they can't stand on their own after 108 billion dollars from us, countless years of favoritism and all the special deals and blind loyalty--when will they be able to stand on their own? Their economy is better than ours, I'd guess.