cindy25
09-19-2009, 09:17 PM
on the overtime part of Real Time last night

angelatc
09-19-2009, 09:18 PM
He's a dolt.

RSLudlum
09-19-2009, 09:26 PM
His proposal falls right in line with the anti-States Rights philosophy. The senate was suppose to represent the states while the house represented the people.

Kotin
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
yeah... that would just finish what the 17th Amendment started..

NYgs23
09-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Just so long as we abolish the House, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court along with it.

cindy25
09-19-2009, 09:32 PM
this type of proposal is common worldwide, as rulers wants rubber stamp national assemblies.
Maher's comment maybe a trial balloon?

james1906
09-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm with Maher on this.

Who doesn't want:

Feinstein
Boxer
McCain
Cornyn
Hatch
Schumer
Clinton
Durbin
Kerry
Reid
Dodd
etc

out of a job?

tremendoustie
09-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know, I think it might make government a lot more efficient, and that would be a very bad thing IMO. I'd rather have them just waste my money than spend it on enslaving me. If we could add another legislative group to ensure that nothing ever gets accomplished, that would be a great thing in my view.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Just so long as we abolish the House, the Presidency, and the Supreme Court along with it.

I'm all for trying anarcho-capitalism, but we are in no climate to even dare think of such a thing. Perhaps once we get back to where we were on Sept 17th 1787, maybe then we can actually keep the progress...Personally, we should go back to the Articles of Confederation and let the Fed have some teeth, but drastically reduced. Enough to enforce States to not become protectionist and to conduct Foreign Policy. That is it. No standing army, nothing. States will handle everything else themselves along with having a readily trained Militia ready for the common defense.

By the way, I still consider myself a Minarchist, even though there is a strong case for Celtic Ireland from 650 to 1650 largely an anarcho-capitalistic society, which was utterly so far ahead and above the rest of the west and defeated invasion after invasion.

KAYA
09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Why? Caused he's pissed socialized healthcare won't pass the senate.

thasre
09-19-2009, 10:35 PM
We should just return to having state legislatures elect senators.

I really think that would be a step forward.

NEVER gonna happen though.

tremendoustie
09-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm all for trying anarcho-capitalism, but we are in no climate to even dare think of such a thing. Perhaps once we get back to where we were on Sept 17th 1787, maybe then we can actually keep the progress...Personally, we should go back to the Articles of Confederation and let the Fed have some teeth, but drastically reduced. Enough to enforce States to not become protectionist and to conduct Foreign Policy. That is it. No standing army, nothing. States will handle everything else themselves along with having a readily trained Militia ready for the common defense.

By the way, I still consider myself a Minarchist, even though there is a strong case for Celtic Ireland from 650 to 1650 largely an anarcho-capitalistic society, which was utterly so far ahead and above the rest of the west and defeated invasion after invasion.

Hey, I'm a voluntaryist, and I'm on board with your plan. Anything that will get us more liberty. We can worry about clearing out the mice from the attic once we get rid of the giant boars in the sitting room.

KAYA
09-19-2009, 10:36 PM
We should just return to having state legislatures elect senators.

I really think that would be a step forward.

NEVER gonna happen though.

Agreed.

DirtMcGirt
09-19-2009, 11:30 PM
It was a decent show this week b/c Bill didn't have a republican punching bag who couldn't defend their position. The kid they had on actually dominated in a soft spoken way...