PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Apologizes to Libertarians, Lauds Ron Paul, Criticizes US 'Imperialism'

Epic
09-19-2009, 05:22 PM
...then gives back a bit of it after taking fire from co-hosts...

YouTube - Glenn Beck's Apology to Libertarians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuEWxTvRGY)

Ian A.
09-19-2009, 05:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A dose of Liberty prescribed by Dr. Paul may take a full 2 years to cure the most infected patient. :D

krazy kaju
09-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I have to say that I agree with him here. The proper response to the 9/11 terror attacks was a strike on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda.

angelatc
09-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe he's planning a run for President.

:eek:

Matthew Zak
09-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I have to say that I agree with him here. The proper response to the 9/11 terror attacks was a strike on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda.

Even Ron Paul agreed with that, right? But he only agreed to war if it was declared.

angelatc
09-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Didn't Thomas Jefferson sign the Treaty of Tripoli with the Muslim pirates? How can he say we cut their heads off? He was doing pretty damn well until the last 1 minute, but it was expected.

And didn't TJ issue Letters of Marque and Reappraisal?

SelfTaught
09-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey nice find. I'm surprised I didn't hear it, because I listen to most of his radio show mon-fri.

KAYA
09-19-2009, 05:51 PM
In spite of the good Glenn Beck is doing now, which including his support for Rand Paul, Peter Schiff, Audit of the Fed, his recent apology to libertarians and Ron Paul. He will never be forgiven by some on this board.

Matthew Zak
09-19-2009, 05:54 PM
No Ron Paul didn't believe we should've over thrown the Taliban, or even invaded Afghanistan, I believe he said we should have killed Osama Bin Laden with bounty hunters.

I am confused on this issue because I am sure during the campaign in '07 I heard him say he voted to declare war against Afghanistan or something.

Flash
09-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Ron Paul is scheduled to appear on his show soon to promote his End The Fed book. Hopefully Glenn will bring up the fact that he is now officially a Libertarian.

Dr.3D
09-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I am confused on this issue because I am sure during the campaign in '07 I heard him say he voted to declare war against Afghanistan or something.
Thought I heard that too.

Edit: Found a video. Listen @ 1:20.

YouTube - Ron Paul @ Google - Iraq, Afghanistan, Veitnam - part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqiJe2zFU_w)

Epic
09-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Ron Paul is scheduled to appear on his show soon to promote his End The Fed book. Hopefully Glenn will bring up the fact that he is now officially a Libertarian.

I don't know if he's officially a libertarian... I think that his heart is in one place (mostly libertarian) and his viewing audience, co-hosts, and network (Fox News) are in another place (mainstream conservatives)

SimpleName
09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
HALLELUJAH! The libertarian light is shining quite brightly in Beck's eyes. He is actually starting to understand non-interventionism. "Are we really at a point we are using the word imperialism?" YES, DOPE! What do you call trying to make every other nation adhere to your standards through force while planting a constant military standing in several dozen countries? Beck didn't let up. Good for him.

heavenlyboy34
09-19-2009, 06:07 PM
And didn't TJ issue Letters of Marque and Reappraisal?

Yes he did. The battle that ensued later (the battle at Tripoli) became immortalized in the Marines' battle hymn.

heavenlyboy34
09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
HALLELUJAH! The libertarian light is shining quite brightly in Beck's eyes. He is actually starting to understand non-interventionism. "Are we really at a point we are using the word imperialism?" YES, DOPE! What do you call trying to make every other nation adhere to your standards through force while planting a constant military standing in several dozen countries? Beck didn't let up. Good for him.

I wouldn't say "The libertarian light is shining quite brightly in Beck's eyes", but it's an improvement over past things he's said. :cool:

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 06:16 PM
What's also interesting is how those two nobodies react when Beck begins to think. Their brains short-circuit and output the same lame response that's been programmed into them.

Well, it's good to see Glenn Beck has some good American instincts. As the media expert said on Beck's show the other night, the internet has effectively broken the media monopoly and introduced a consumer-driven market economy for information. Things will continue to rapidly progress in the new media, but also in POLITICS! Beck can ride that wave, cause he knows where the people are headed, towards Ron Paul and liberty, the defining trait of this nation.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Keep the fire alit under his feet. Once you become a Libertarian especially once you reach that place when you held prior conflicting beliefs you become very hardline in Libertarianism, which is a huge net plus.

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Like Beck said, he's heavily leaning toward our view of foreign policy. Now only if we could get him to read Michael Scheuer's seminal work on islamic fundamentalism and bin Laden Through Our Enemies Eyes, perhaps Beck will see that no matter how many extremists we kill, as long as we're over there in a capacity of implementing policy, nothing will ever change. The smartest thing we can do is cease nation building, cease foreign aid, ceasing propping up bad regimes and secure the sh*t out of our own borders.

Then, we can go back to setting an example by which others can attempt to emulate.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Like Beck said, he's heavily leaning toward our view of foreign policy. Now only if we could get him to read Michael Scheuer's seminal work on islamic fundamentalism and bin Laden Through Our Enemies Eyes, perhaps Beck will see that no matter how many extremists we kill, as long as we're over there in a capacity of implementing policy, nothing will ever change. The smartest thing we can do is cease nation building, cease foreign aid, ceasing propping up bad regimes and secure the sh*t out of our own borders.

Then, we can go back to setting an example by which others can attempt to emulate.

Aye. Also, the two seminal works on Blowback and US Imperialism by Chalmers Johnson should be on his reading list. If it isn't we should send him those books! :)

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 06:36 PM
We've GOT to shatter this myth, propagated by the neo-con traitors, that libertarians are soft when it comes to war. Most of us own guns. We're not soft when it comes to war, we're just not stupid. There's a time for Uncle Sam to lay down some smack, and a time to be the shrewd Yankee diplomat and businessman. Remember, Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9-11. NOTHING! Both Osama and Hussein were given weapons in the past by our own CIA. I'm not blaming America, I'm saying lets get rid of these IDIOTS running foreign policy. Kind of like the IDIOTS running the economy via the FED.

Libertarians and not liberals!

angelatc
09-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Aye. Also, the two seminal works on Blowback and US Imperialism by Chalmers Johnson should be on his reading list. If it isn't we should send him those books! :)

Well, maybe we should email Rachel. If Paul is going to be in Beck's studio, he can bring the books. Not saying he needs to present them on the air or anything, but just give them to him. (And a copy of the "For Liberty" DVD.:) )

He may have already read them. He reads about 5 books a week I think.

awake
09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
In spite of the good Glenn Beck is doing now, which including his support for Rand Paul, Peter Schiff, Audit of the Fed, his recent apology to libertarians and Ron Paul. He will never be forgiven by some on this board.

Rightly so. I believe he can be a huge asset to this movement; We must trust but verify when it comes to influential figures such as him. There are 'leaders' looking to harness this uprising for other purposes and we need to be doubly skeptical of those who come bearing the banner of liberty. Those who wish to shape this revolution must be constantly under scrutiny.

I'm glad Glen Beck is with us to a degree, but I will forever remain on guard about him.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Well, maybe we should email Rachel. If Paul is going to be in Beck's studio, he can bring the books. Not saying he needs to present them on the air or anything, but just give them to him. (And a copy of the "For Liberty" DVD.:) )

He may have already read them. He reads about 5 books a week I think.

Well if he had read those, then we should give him the Anti-Federalist papers and F.A. Hayek's Constitution of Liberty.

Also, I'm new to this forum, though I have been lurking recently. Who is Rachel?

agitator
09-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Que IP in 3...2...1...

angelatc
09-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Well if he had read those, then we should give him the Anti-Federalist papers and F.A. Hayek's Constitution of Liberty.

Also, I'm new to this forum, though I have been lurking recently. Who is Rachel?

Well, welcome!

Lady Jade. She works for Paul.

Catatonic
09-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Ah, but going after Taliban and Al Qaeda would have meant going after our own government.

So you see the conflict of interest here.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, welcome!

Lady Jade. She works for Paul.

Thanks! Glad to be in the company of those who are in the fight with me. Well, if that doesn't work, we can always have a mass mail of 100+ or so copies if he hasn't. I think once he reads those and then other books about the CIA interventions he'll be more staunch that his beliefs are correct, as we have to come to know as truth. Might as well throw in Roman historical books also, on how the Roman Civilization declined then ultimately fell. Empire and Despotism the ruin of all once great nations.

kahless
09-19-2009, 07:25 PM

Perhaps that was in the marching orders they got from the liberal left.

Dr.3D
09-19-2009, 07:33 PM

That's what I saw. Right after Beck left CNN, he seemed to have started changing very quickly. I thought perhaps it was because he wasn't permitted to say what he wanted to say on CNN. Probably the best he could do is hint at what he wanted to say while working for CNN.

NYgs23
Assuming he's truthful, and I see no reason to assume he's not, you have to at least give him credit for being willing to reassess his views, even if he doesn't agree on everything.

Catatonic

Beck is a neocon snake. Go ahead and trust him if you want. Don't blame me when he steers the liberty movement off a cliff.

BlackTerrel
09-19-2009, 07:37 PM
We've GOT to shatter this myth, propagated by the neo-con traitors, that libertarians are soft when it comes to war. Most of us own guns. We're not soft when it comes to war, we're just not stupid. There's a time for Uncle Sam to lay down some smack, and a time to be the shrewd Yankee diplomat and businessman. Remember, Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9-11. NOTHING! Both Osama and Hussein were given weapons in the past by our own CIA. I'm not blaming America, I'm saying lets get rid of these IDIOTS running foreign policy. Kind of like the IDIOTS running the economy via the FED.

Libertarians and not liberals!

Libertarians could do a much better job of getting that message out there as well.

There's too much crap about how "we're the bad guys" or "we deserved it" or even "Bush/the CIA/Mossad" caused 9/11. Cut the bullshit. It's garbage, everyone knows it's garbage and Ron Paul doesn't believe it either.

The argument against the war is simple. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Killing and attacking random countries doesn't make us safer. The way to make us safer is to cut foreign aid, end foreign entanglements, bring the troops home, and spend our resources in our own country.

All this garbage about how we're the bad guys is crap and no one wants to hear it.

Flash
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Libertarians could do a much better job of getting that message out there as well.

There's too much crap about how "we're the bad guys" or "we deserved it" or even "Bush/the CIA/Mossad" caused 9/11. Cut the bullshit. It's garbage, everyone knows it's garbage and Ron Paul doesn't believe it either.

The argument against the war is simple. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Killing and attacking random countries doesn't make us safer. The way to make us safer is to cut foreign aid, end foreign entanglements, bring the troops home, and spend our resources in our own country.

All this garbage about how we're the bad guys is crap and no one wants to hear it.

Agreed. Other nations like France or Britain have done far worse things in their history.

evadmurd
09-19-2009, 08:22 PM
He's getting there.

tremendoustie
09-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Nice! He is getting there.

RCA
09-19-2009, 08:36 PM

That book is only $4.38 right now on Amazon if anyone is interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Through-Our-Enemies-Eyes-Radical/dp/B002KE5TJ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253414005&sr=8-1

amy31416
09-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Glad to hear this message getting out. Let's be sure it isn't lost again.

It'd certainly be interesting if the right/libertarians/republicans started pounding the anti-war drums and shamed the liberals into realizing that they're no better than the Bush loyalists.

Could go a long way towards unification.

Sandra
09-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Forget Dr. Paul's book when he appears on the show. I want Dr Paul to grill Beck on his libertarianism.

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Forget Dr. Paul's book when he appears on the show. I want Dr Paul to grill Beck on his libertarianism.

You catch more flies with honey. Can you truly hold it against him if he's in the process of being educated, like most of America?

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
09-19-2009, 08:49 PM

A dose of Liberty prescribed by Dr. Paul may take a full 2 years to cure the most infected patient. :D

This is a great quote...

Sandra
09-19-2009, 08:53 PM
You catch more flies with honey. Can you truly hold it against him if he's in the process of being educated, like most of America?

Murdoch knows what he's doing. Beck is talent.

PatriotOne
09-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Glenn Beck makes 10 million a year. He is controlled and nothing but a mouthpiece...an actor. He's one of those "vectorer's that IP talks abouit all the time and he happens to be correct on Beck. He is not our friend and you can bet come 2012 he will be promoting another Presidential candidate that is controlled by the very same people who is controlling Obama, controlled Bush, controlled Clinton, etc. People are going to be so fed up with both the Repubs and the Dems they will trot out some other candidate flase w/Libertarian leanings or an independent. I guarantee you it won't be Ron Paul.

If you all haven't figured out that ALL major media is controlled by now then you are hopelessly stupid.

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Glenn Beck makes 10 million a year. He is controlled and nothing but a mouthpiece...an actor. He's one of those "vectorer's that IP talks abouit all the time and he happens to be correct on Beck. He is not our friend and you can bet come 2012 he will be promoting another Presidential candidate that is controlled by the very same people who is controlling Obama, controlled Bush, controlled Clinton, etc. People are going to be so fed up with both the Repubs and the Dems they will trot out some other candidate flase w/Libertarian leanings or an independent. I guarantee you it won't be Ron Paul.

If you all haven't figured out that ALL major media is controlled by now then you are hopelessly stupid.

I never said he should be the chairman of CFL. When he tells his millions of listeners that he believes he was wrong on Ron Paul, that is good. That act, in and of itself, is good. I commend him if he's sincere. That doesn't mean I'm going to make him an extra key to my house and let him babysit my daughter. Believe me, people on this board weren't born yesterday. It takes about several decades to be truly trustworthy.

RM918
09-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Well, that's certainly surprising. I'm seeing him as a better light. Raise him up as a hero, though, viciously defend him against opponents? Not yet.

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm gonna be hopeful on Beck, he's stuck with us and we're stuck with him... but if he should stab us in the back...

YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A)

Sandra
09-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Glen Beck got busted:
Scroll down for the footage.

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/09/fox-manages-tea-party-protest/

Son of Detroit
09-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Once again... If Beck doesn't really mean this then who cares?

He's still reaching 3 million people. And if he goes right back to supporting a neo-con in 2012, so what? Hopefully he will have converted 1 million+ in that time to Ron Paul in the liberty movement through his "insincere liberty talking points".

Remember, once you go Paul you never go back.

dr. hfn
09-19-2009, 09:13 PM
At the C4L Conference this weekend the grassroots trainer said that he doesnt listen to Beck, but he is at the moment on our side and we would be idiots to waste that opportunity.

MRoCkEd
09-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow!
I believe he is being sincere. If however, he is lying about his libertarianism, how could this possible hurt us? He is spreading our message to his huge audience. If he comes out and endorses some neocon, we're obviously not going to go along with it.

Go Glenn Beck

angelatc
09-19-2009, 09:14 PM

They're also quite capable of steering us off a cliff, no help from the neo cons needed.

I wish I had an answer. I said in another thread, and I'll repeat it here, that I think Beck honestly believes the things he says. I also believe he might not believe those things tomorrow. Finally, I think he's emotionally unbalanced. If anybody can drive off a cliff, Beck can.

But we don't have anybody else in the spotlight yet. Even if all our liberty candidates win their races (highly unlikely) we'll have about 5 votes in the Senate and 20 in the House. Those jobs aren't typically high profile. Look how long Ron Paul has been in office, and it took this long for his message to start sinking in.

I'm not a Beck fan - I don't even watch him, but I don't see how his putting the message out there hurts us. Don't you think that if Dr Jeckyll converts 2,000,000 and then suddenly Mr Hyde shows up, at least some of those people will remain awake enough to say "What the hell?"

ANd look at Fox. Carlson, Napolitano, Stossel, Beck - Carlson sold out Paul, but he's never sold out the message that I can think of. Are all those people conspiring against us?

If they are, what in the world can we believe in?

JoshLowry
09-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Beck is a neocon snake. Go ahead and trust him if you want. Don't blame me when he steers the liberty movement off a cliff.

I'm with ya brother!

PatriotOne
09-19-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE]When he tells his millions of listeners that he believes he was wrong on Ron Paul, that is good. That act, in and of itself, is good. I commend him if he's sincere.

He's doing nothing more than telling us what we want to hear now. He's is the designated pied piper for those with half a brain and disgusted with both parties. He is trying to gain their trust and you bet he can sound sincere for 10 M a yr.

Believe me, people on this board weren't born yesterday.

I beg to differ on about 3/4's of the people on this board. They know more than most but not enough to not get fooled again.

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
YouTube - Monty Python - The Trojan Bunny Rabbit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez2DXc-_jMY)

Matthew Zak
09-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm so fucking tired of people ripping on glen beck. Not because it's not justified, but because they're not utilizing him as they should be and thus wasting time and energy. Let's say that it's a safe bet that he's a trojan horse neocon shill lying sack of shit, but he's doing and saying all the right things. We can handle that basically one of two ways: 1. Spread the message to a massive audience, and deal with the change in weather later, or 2. Waste time talking about Glen beck rather than the message and accomplish less. I don't see the upside to going in circles about glen beck when clearly, love him or hate him, he's benefiting the movement right now.

KAYA
09-19-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm so fucking tired of people ripping on glen beck. Not because it's not justified, but because they're not utilizing him as they should be and thus wasting time and energy. Let's say that it's a safe bet that he's a trojan horse neocon shill lying sack of shit, but he's doing and saying all the right things. We can handle that basically one of two ways: 1. Spread the message to a massive audience, and deal with the change in weather later, or 2. Waste time talking about Glen beck rather than the message and accomplish less. I don't see the upside to going in circles about glen beck when clearly, love him or hate him, he's benefiting the movement right now.
Thank you.;)

Catatonic
09-19-2009, 10:25 PM

Beck will bring as many people as possible into his fold and then stick them all in the back when it counts.

The liberty movement has real traction on its own and he's going to absorb as much of that traction as he cant, to change its course.

I think its important to get people to at least not see Beck as some kind of libertarian guru.

Pericles
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM

This - Until the rest of you can get your message out to millions of people everyday, you need to sit down and STFU about Beck. This sounds like the commissariat discussing when to arrest the guy for "anti party deviationism". Does freedom include the right for someone to disagree with you?

tremendoustie
09-19-2009, 10:28 PM
They're also quite capable of steering us off a cliff, no help from the neo cons needed.

I wish I had an answer. I said in another thread, and I'll repeat it here, that I think Beck honestly believes the things he says. I also believe he might not believe those things tomorrow. Finally, I think he's emotionally unbalanced. If anybody can drive off a cliff, Beck can.

But we don't have anybody else in the spotlight yet. Even if all our liberty candidates win their races (highly unlikely) we'll have about 5 votes in the Senate and 20 in the House. Those jobs aren't typically high profile. Look how long Ron Paul has been in office, and it took this long for his message to start sinking in.

I'm not a Beck fan - I don't even watch him, but I don't see how his putting the message out there hurts us. Don't you think that if Dr Jeckyll converts 2,000,000 and then suddenly Mr Hyde shows up, at least some of those people will remain awake enough to say "What the hell?"

ANd look at Fox. Carlson, Napolitano, Stossel, Beck - Carlson sold out Paul, but he's never sold out the message that I can think of. Are all those people conspiring against us?

If they are, what in the world can we believe in?

I agree with this. Beck is unstable, but he saying some good things now. I don't think it's some nefarious scheme. I think "waking up" is a good analogy. Once a person begins to accept the ideas of liberty, the process is not easily reversed.

On the whole, I think Beck's a good thing, although it's possible I'll have to revise that statement in the end. Certainly for the time being he's waking some people up -- and I certainly can't complain about that.

specsaregood
09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
No wonder the neocons are starting to attack Beck. War! Moar War! Must have WAR!

specsaregood
09-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Glenn is a Trojan horse, and most of Liberty Forest is falling for it.

How's that voting for Obama turning out for you? Yeah, I know, low blow.

Griffith
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
What's also interesting is how those two nobodies react when Beck begins to think. Their brains short-circuit and output the same lame response that's been programmed into them.

Well, it's good to see Glenn Beck has some good American instincts. As the media expert said on Beck's show the other night, the internet has effectively broken the media monopoly and introduced a consumer-driven market economy for information. Things will continue to rapidly progress in the new media, but also in POLITICS! Beck can ride that wave, cause he knows where the people are headed, towards Ron Paul and liberty, the defining trait of this nation.

Seconded, they aren't quite ready. I agree, if we get attacked hit back hard then come home. Don't break our bank "setting up an infrastructure" or some other nonsense. Other countries certainly don't want us to do that and I'm not sure why we do it either.

BlackTerrel
09-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Glenn Beck makes 10 million a year. He is controlled and nothing but a mouthpiece...an actor.

Nothing wrong with making money, and I'd imagine it's much easier to control someone who makes less money. Beck has the equivalent of "fuck you money". Meaning he doesn't need to work to live a good life.

In addition he could always go the Adam Carolla route and do his own podcast on the internet and make a couple million a year. Maybe not 10 million but he'd be ok.

I don't actually like Beck. But I also have issues with the "they're all controlled by some evil men in smoky rooms" argument as well.

He's doing nothing more than telling us what we want to hear now. He's is the designated pied piper for those with half a brain and disgusted with both parties. He is trying to gain their trust and you bet he can sound sincere for 10 M a yr.

What is the plan here? Let's say that we, libertarians, "controlled the media". What would we do? Would we:

#1: Put all libertarians talking heads out there? or

#2: Hire Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh types to "fool the neocons"?

How would #2 help us?

BlackTerrel
09-19-2009, 11:43 PM

Beck is a bit of an odd dude. He says some crazy things, and he cries a lot, way too much for my liking.

That said I laugh at these threads, he's either "amazing, our savior" or he's "controlled opposition, out to get us, he'll kill us all".

It is what it is. If he says things that are helpful to us I'll take it. If he doesn't - fuck him.

axiomata
09-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Glenn is a Trojan horse, and most of Liberty Forest is falling for it.

If Beck is truly a "Trojan Horse," why are unabashed Trojans like Frum taking shots at him?

Flash
09-19-2009, 11:54 PM
See all we have to do is get Freedom Watch on the air. Then we won't have to worry about whether Glenn is a closet Neo-Con ready to turn on us in 2012. We'll have a permanent voice on Fox.

Email them now! yourcomments@foxnews.com

disorderlyvision
09-19-2009, 11:55 PM

It is a trilogy

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Hey, BlackTerrel, I didn't say that quote you attributed to me. please fix, thnx

lx43
09-20-2009, 12:13 AM
See all we have to do is get Freedom Watch on the air. Then we won't have to worry about whether Glenn is a closet Neo-Con ready to turn on us in 2012. We'll have a permanent voice on Fox.

Email them now! yourcomments@foxnews.com

Good Idea. We all love the Judge!!!

Captain America
09-20-2009, 01:00 AM

YouTube - Glenn Beck's Apology to Libertarians (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FuEWxTvRGY)

FUCK YEAH GLENN BECK keep it up.

i will warn you. after this admission that liberty or death is the main belief and if you fuck with us we will destroy you.
we will do the same to you if you turn on us. i think you understand liberty is the only right and everything stems off of it.

TheConstitutionLives
09-20-2009, 02:14 AM
He is controlled and nothing but a mouthpiece...an actor.

- Take off the foil. Get yourself a nice female companion. Go on a date. Go on many dates. And no, just b/c a girl gives you the time of day does not mean she's being controlled by aliens in a massive conspiracy to dupe you. She might like you if you don't attempt to convince her that we're all living in the Matrix.

Seriously. Turn off AJ. "ALL" mainstream media is not controlled by the illuminati (whoever that is).

TheConstitutionLives
09-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Beck is a bit of an odd dude. He says some crazy things, and he cries a lot, way too much for my liking.

That said I laugh at these threads, he's either "amazing, our savior" or he's "controlled opposition, out to get us, he'll kill us all".

It is what it is. If he says things that are helpful to us I'll take it. If he doesn't - fuck him.

Thank you. People take things too far. He's not "controlled". He says some great things and some bad things. People are reading too much into it - over analyzing him.

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-20-2009, 02:22 AM

But there's no proof Osama Bin Laden is even responsible.

Conza88
09-20-2009, 02:23 AM
http://www.frizlite.co.uk/images/grass%20snake.jpg

TheConstitutionLives
09-20-2009, 02:32 AM
But there's no proof Osama Bin Laden is even responsible.

- oh god :rolleyes:

bunklocoempire
09-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Glenn Beck = Arnie

Liberty movement = Gilbert Grape

... although Arnie had a decent excuse and didn't work for Rupert Murdoch.

And Gilbert?

Well, Gilbert, while full of love, only had so much patience.

Now maybe someone can photo-shop Glenns face in Arnies tree, Arnies Tree of Liberty.:D

“I don’t wanna go down there Gilbert, no way! no way! no way! you, you go down there Gilbert, truths in there, ooo ooooo oooo”

Half truths with foreign policy get people killed, and deaths caused by others wreaks havoc on relationships.

Bunkloco

BlackTerrel
09-20-2009, 03:37 AM
Hey, BlackTerrel, I didn't say that quote you attributed to me. please fix, thnx

Fixed. Sorry not sure why it did that.

BlackTerrel
09-20-2009, 03:43 AM

This "I'm just pretending to be a libertarian but I'm really a neo-con... hahaha fooled you it was just a facade" argument still confuses me.

Let's assume for a second that's the case. What's the plan?

So Beck makes libertarian arguments and support Ron Paul and others like him for three years. Then suddenly in 2012 he takes off the mask and becomes a hard core neo-con. And that helps neo-cons how? Why is that better than Beck pushing the neo-con agenda straight up for the next three years?

A lot of these elaborate conspiracy theories are people trying too hard to be clever.

Objectivist
09-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Didn't Thomas Jefferson sign the Treaty of Tripoli with the Muslim pirates? How can he say we cut their heads off? He was doing pretty damn well until the last 1 minute, but it was expected.

Hahahaha you should love this read. Nothing changes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War

John of Des Moines
09-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Ron Paul is scheduled to appear on his show soon to promote his End The Fed book. Hopefully Glenn will bring up the fact that he (Beck) is now officially an asshole.

Fixed it for you.

Assuming he's truthful, and I see no reason to assume he's not, you have to at least give him credit for being willing to reassess his views, even if he doesn't agree on everything.

The guy can cry on cue. Please absorb that for awhile.

Bingo! A winning post.

Agreed. Other nations like France or Britain have done far worse things in their history.

So, the United States should do its best to match their crimes?

]If you all haven't figured out that ALL major media is controlled by now then you are hopelessly stupid.

Seriously. Turn off AJ. "ALL" mainstream media is not controlled by the illuminati (whoever that is).

I'm with Pat1 on this. William Colby, then head of the CIA testified before the Church Committee (1977) that the CIA had 3,000 operatives in newsrooms around the country. Question to TCL: Knowing that government programs only grow over time how many operatives does the CIA now have in newsrooms around the country today?

Beck is the reason why Alcoholic Anonymous should be declared a domestic enemy organization (sarcasm).

anaconda
09-20-2009, 04:50 AM

Do not attempt to operate heavy equipment or a motor driven vehicle within 48 hours of taking the Blue Pill and delving into the rabbit hole.:eek:

anaconda
09-20-2009, 04:53 AM

Based upon what proof or evidence? Some FBI dude who claims he found a list of 19 kids in a rental car at Dulles Airport along with some flight manuals? You can't write fiction that cheesy. The proper response to 9-11 was an unbiased criminal investigation.

anaconda
09-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Beck is still talking neocon smack. He's still (even in this mpeg) cheerleading for the farcical war on terror. What an idiot. Still a GOP hack. One good false flag and Beck is rampaging into the country in question without so much as a critical thought in his pea-brained head. I did not hear any substantive apology. All he said was "I apologize" but I disagree with them. WTF?

PatriotOne
09-20-2009, 07:06 AM
- Take off the foil. Get yourself a nice female companion. Go on a date. Go on many dates. And no, just b/c a girl gives you the time of day does not mean she's being controlled by aliens in a massive conspiracy to dupe you. She might like you if you don't attempt to convince her that we're all living in the Matrix.

As if on cue, along comes one of the useful idiots.

JamesButabi
09-20-2009, 07:17 AM
I must say if Beck ever came fully around, the way the masses hang on this guy words, I would almost advocate running candidates in the libertarian party again.

Flash
09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
This "I'm just pretending to be a libertarian but I'm really a neo-con... hahaha fooled you it was just a facade" argument still confuses me.

Let's assume for a second that's the case. What's the plan?

So Beck makes libertarian arguments and support Ron Paul and others like him for three years. Then suddenly in 2012 he takes off the mask and becomes a hard core neo-con. And that helps neo-cons how? Why is that better than Beck pushing the neo-con agenda straight up for the next three years?

A lot of these elaborate conspiracy theories are people trying too hard to be clever.

Trust me I don't agree with the arguement at all. I like Beck. But therse some of the forum that aren't ever convinced.

Sandra
09-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Trust me I don't agree with the arguement at all. I like Beck. But therse some of the forum that aren't ever convinced.

Discernment. Try it.

LibertyEagle
09-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Folks, figure out how to be civil to each other, or I'm going to lock this thread.

Bucjason
09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
WHy do some of you continue to hate Glen Beck ?? Seriously , how stubborn and paranoid can you continue to be?? Beck is obviously on our side...

Liberty Star
09-20-2009, 09:29 AM
So his ever wandering rants since election of Barack Hussein Obama are becoming even more wild and erratic and he's gone from "Iraq exit would be worst than slavery" mild neocon to "let's go terrorise people in other countries" terrorist?

Quite convenient and how opportunistic. Did he suddenly forget about those Iraqi children he used to cry about or those were sham cries?

He's seems like a mentally unstable person, he can't be trusted with his erratic and opportunist mood swings.

Liberty Star
09-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Beck is obviously on our side...

Yea if we are neocons, he's on our side.

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Glenn Beck posted this article by Ron Paul in July. I guess he's getting down and dirty with this 'co-opting our message' thing. I think we really should go after him and make him stop printing articles, doing investigative work into gov't corruption, and promoting a constitutional gov't. It's OUR movement damnit!!! How dare he!!! :rolleyes:

July 9, 2009
The Fed Must Be Stopped
Written by: Ron Paul
Our country currently finds itself in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the 1930s and, as during all economic crises, people search for the answer as to why this has happened. Not only have large financial firms been affected, but also mainstays of American industry such as GM and Chrysler, all the way down to the Mom & Pop stores on Main Street. The easy way out is to blame the traditional scapegoats: foreign governments, fraudulent businessmen, and greedy speculators. But the real villain is far more sinister; the organization entrusted with maintaining a stable dollar and touted as the guarantor of economic stability – the Federal Reserve.

In the United States, monetary policy has been the domain of the Federal Reserve since its inception in 1913. Since that time we have had a number of cyclical recessions, each one following a boom caused by the Federal Reserve's loose monetary policy. The problem with the Federal Reserve is that it interferes with market pricing functions. Interest rates are a price just like any other and arise because of the fact that people prefer to consume in the present rather than in the future. The extent to which people defer present consumption is reflected in interest rates, which in a free market are determined by the spontaneous interactions and decisions of millions of people.

Fed intervention to set prices throws markets and interest rates out of equilibrium. When the Federal Reserve pushes interest rates below what the market rate would be, everyone wants to borrow money for long-term projects. Shortages of loanable funds would occur, except that the Federal Reserve has the ability to create bank balances out of thin air. The Fed can create a bank ledger on paper, or on a computer, establish a balance of millions or billions of dollars, and then spend these dollars out into the economy.

Loans become cheap, and the result of these lower interest rates is an economic boom which eventually manifests itself as a bubble. Beginning in 2001, the Federal Reserve pushed interest rates to as low as one percent, which after adjusting for inflation meant that the real interest rate was negative, so businesses were actually making money by taking out loans. This was the fuel for the housing bubble and the reason there are 19 million empty houses today.

Because of this awesome power to create money out of thin air, the Fed has jumped in to stabilize ailing financial firms by pledging over $7 trillion through various guarantee programs and credit facilities. This is equivalent to over half of the entire nation's GDP. Over $1 trillion of this is already in play, propping up banks and other institutions that should be allowed to fail. All of this has taken place with no oversight by Congress. The Fed was created by Congress, and it is unconscionable that we have allowed it to act in such a way without our oversight. Currently the Federal Reserve's credit facilities, open market operations, and agreements with foreign governments and central banks are all exempt from any sort of audit or oversight. Earlier this year I introduced the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, HR 1207, that would remove all restrictions on Federal Reserve audits and call for a f ull audit of the Federal Reserve System to be completed by the end of 2010. At this writing, 245 of my fellow Congressmen have cosponsored this bill and we hope to have hearings in the near future. In the Senate, Republicans Jim DeMint, Mike Crapo and David Vitter have cosponsored S. 604, companion legislation introduced by Bernie Sanders. I am very encouraged by the tremendous growing momentum on Capitol Hill.

Our Founding Fathers never intended for a single entity such as the Federal Reserve to have this much power. In fact, there is no authority in the Constitution for the federal government to create a central bank, to enact legal tender laws, or to print paper money. The Tenth Amendment is quite clear that “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” The states themselves are prohibited from emitting bills of credit, i.e. paper money, arising from the Founders' negative experiences with paper money during the Revolutionary War. Cheap, un-backed, easily counterfeited paper money nearly lost the Revolution, until the government returned to minting gold and silver coins. Unfortunately, like too many other lessons learned by the Founders, the painful experiences of paper money have been forgotten by those living in the pres ent. We even ignore the experiences of Germans in the 1920s, Argentines in the 1980s, and Zimbabweans over the past decade. The Fed doubled the monetary base last fall in a matter of months, and God help us if any of this high-powered money begins to make its way through the economy.

An audit of the Fed is only the first step towards returning to where our Founders intended this country to be. The Founders knew that paper money could ruin a country, and drafted the Constitution in such a way that they thought would ensure sound, commodity-backed currency. Unfortunately, the Constitution was dispensed with long ago, and we find ourselves now suffering under an unconstitutional regime of un-backed paper money. Until we abolish the Federal Reserve and return to a stable currency that is not able to be manipulated to create boom and bust cycles, we will continue down the path of economic ruin.

Congress Ron Paul serves the fourteenth district of Texas and is honorary chairman of Campaign for Liberty. His new book, End the Fed (Grand Central Publishing) will release on September 16th and is available for pre-order on Amazon.

Bucjason
09-20-2009, 09:59 AM

Of course , the neocons are behind this. It's all a conspiracy to get a liberty-minded person elected . That way they can stage another 9/11 and blame it on the fact that we aren't starting enough wars around the world !!

Why didn't I see Glen's real motivation before !!!

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/imgs/blogs/blog2015nal.jpg

sluggo
09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Glen Beck got busted:
Scroll down for the footage.

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/09/fox-manages-tea-party-protest/ (http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/09/fox-manages-tea-party-protest/)

Not surprising, but it must be said that MSNBC and CNN have both been caught doing similar things.

FSP-Rebel
09-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Either way, Beck is bringing people out of their living rooms to protest and it's up to us to meet them and educate them further. Don't leave everything up to Beck, whether he's real or fake.

Sandra
09-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Glenn Beck posted this article by Ron Paul in July. I guess he's getting down and dirty with this 'co-opting our message' thing. I think we really should go after him and make him stop printing articles, doing investigative work into gov't corruption, and promoting a constitutional gov't. It's OUR movement damnit!!! How dare he!!! :rolleyes:

Satan quotes scripture.....That doesn't mean he's on our side. But according to the reasoning of some on this thread, we should consider his flippage.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
09-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Why do neocons like David Frum attack Beck so vehemently.....

In a article titled GLENN BECK AND RON PAUL:

"Debating David Horowitz about Glenn Beck, I made the point that it was very strange that David Horowitz can excoriate Ron Paul and then enthusiastically defend Beck, who is (I wrote) Paul’s “chief TV enthusiast and publicist.......”

http://www.newmajority.com/glenn-beck-and-ron-paul-2

Shink
09-20-2009, 10:56 AM

Yep..people like me. I have no reason to believe he's sincere about anything, and when the opportunity arises, I'd wager he'll say Ron Paul supporters are terrorists again, that dissent is criminal, basically. The guy's a phony.

Matthew Zak
09-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I have a challenge to the Beck haters. Answer these questions if you will.

1. How are you spending your time helping the movement?

2. Do you think most of us completely trust beck? If so, why do you think changing that will help anything?

Stary Hickory
09-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Glenn Beck is has show himself to have real integrity if you ask me. Made a transition from neocon to libertarian (like many Americans) and has the courage to stick up for freedom while doing it. Obviously he is not the spokesman of every libertarian here but really the guy is doing us and liberty lovers a huge favor by conitinuing the way he is.

I like Beck, what do you people want libertarians from birth? Should they pop out the womb reciting the Bill of Rights?

Sandra
09-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a challenge to the Beck haters. Answer these questions if you will.

1. How are you spending your time helping the movement?

2. Do you think most of us completely trust beck? If so, why do you think changing that will help anything?

It's the militant Beck worshippers on this board that completely remove Ron Paul from the movement and pervert it into something else. Nice try into moving them to the defensive, though. :rolleyes:

Matthew Zak
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
It's the militant Beck worshippers on this board that completely remove Ron Paul from the movement and pervert it into something else. Nice try into moving them to the defensive, though. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?

SelfTaught
09-20-2009, 11:12 AM

Militant Beck worshippers? Get over yourself darling.

I don't think anyone on this board agrees with him 100%. No one here is ready to defend him to the death especially when he makes a dumb/uninformed comment. If he makes a good point, whether it be on the economy, monetary policy, Obama's anti capitalist czars, or ACORN, I'll say, "Hey that was a pretty good report/story." But if he starts up about interventionism or pro-Israel stuff, I'll gladly disagree and condemn those comments.

Similarly, if I have a pet dog and he obeys my commands, I'll give him lots of praise or maybe even a treat. If he pees on the carpet, I'll slap that motherfucker in the jaw.

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Satan quotes scripture.....That doesn't mean he's on our side. But according to the reasoning of some on this thread, we should consider his flippage.

I guess in your mind, no one can change their views about something. I find that kind of thinking to be harsh and unyielding. But I guess you've never changed your mind about anything right? Oh I forgot, he's in the media so that automatically makes him eeeeevillllllll.......

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:24 AM

Out the militant Beck worshipers Sandra!!! And PROVE anybody on this board is "completely removing Ron Paul from the movement and perverting it".

Unless you can state your case with evidence, all you're doing is upchucking lies.

RM918
09-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I guess in your mind, no one can change their views about something. I find that kind of thinking to be harsh and unyielding. But I guess you've never changed your mind about anything right? Oh I forgot, he's in the media so that automatically makes him eeeeevillllllll.......

It doesn't automatically make him 'evil' but it makes him suspect, especially with his past history. The rabid Beck supporters - I refer to you as rabid if you literally shout down or insult fellow RPers for not trusting him or not believing in him, because rabid is the only word I can think of to describe that completely antisocial and unreasonable behavior - have it wrong to think people simply hate him unconditionally.

That's the feeling I've always gotten from this board. I, myself, simply don't trust him. He seems to be moving in a pleasant direction, but that doesn't mean I'm going to follow whatever he directs or listen to whatever he says, or support all the causes or people he tells me to without any regard for my own beliefs. I'm not going to hail him as a hero like people here sometimes like to do, and I'm not going to viciously defend him as a person if people don't like him, I'd only defend his ideas that I agree with.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't help him out on an issue him and I both agree on, and this doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to work with him on things. It simply means I'll only support his ideas with which I agree, I'll never support the man himself unless I actually trust him, which unless I actually see some dramatic and not vague shift of ideals I won't do. I certainly won't hail him as a hero, though I may acknowledge his usefulness. Unless I know where those actions are coming from, it's irresponsible and naive of me to assume he's 'seen the light'. It'd also be irresponsible of me to attack anyone I don't agree with.

Sandra
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Out the militant Beck worshipers Sandra!!! And PROVE anybody on this board is "completely removing Ron Paul from the movement and perverting it".

Unless you can state your case with evidence, all you're doing is upchucking lies.

Congratulations on no namecalling this time.

Kbeaubs
09-20-2009, 11:39 AM
It's the militant Beck worshippers on this board that completely remove Ron Paul from the movement and pervert it into something else.

Verses

It's the militant Ron Paul worshippers on this board that completely remove most people from the movement and pervert it into something else.

I replaced a couple of words and bolded them. I don't think this violates anything here, but if it does, my apologies.

I hope you see the purpose for this small change.

As a side: I would argue that most of the worshipers on this board don't come close to believing everything RP believes in, even though you say you do. Religious beliefs being one example.

"Isn't RP perfectly wonderful!! Oh boy is he 100% correct"

"Yes, he's a baptist and believes in God"

"Oh, well he's wrong there, but oh man is he perfectly correct in everything else"

"Well, I think he's correct there, but wrong in position X'

"Well YOU ARE A NEOCON"

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Congratulations on no namecalling this time.

Oh you mean like "Glenn Beck Worshipers" ???

Kbeaubs
09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Deleted to be civil :)

Sandra
09-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh you mean like "Glenn Beck Worshipers" ???

No, the nasty things you call people that don't unconditionally agree with you. Do a search.

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
It doesn't automatically make him 'evil' but it makes him suspect, especially with his past history. The rabid Beck supporters - I refer to you as rabid if you literally shout down or insult fellow RPers for not trusting him or not believing in him, because rabid is the only word I can think of to describe that completely antisocial and unreasonable behavior - have it wrong to think people simply hate him unconditionally.

That's the feeling I've always gotten from this board. I, myself, simply don't trust him. He seems to be moving in a pleasant direction, but that doesn't mean I'm going to follow whatever he directs or listen to whatever he says, or support all the causes or people he tells me to without any regard for my own beliefs. I'm not going to hail him as a hero like people here sometimes like to do, and I'm not going to viciously defend him as a person if people don't like him, I'd only defend his ideas that I agree with.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't help him out on an issue him and I both agree on, and this doesn't mean I wouldn't be willing to work with him on things. It simply means I'll only support his ideas with which I agree, I'll never support the man himself unless I actually trust him, which unless I actually see some dramatic and not vague shift of ideals I won't do. I certainly won't hail him as a hero, though I may acknowledge his usefulness. Unless I know where those actions are coming from, it's irresponsible and naive of me to assume he's 'seen the light'. It'd also be irresponsible of me to attack anyone I don't agree with.

You're not going around acting like he's the devil. And you're not insulting everyone who sees how, in some ways, he's making it easier for us to convert people.

It's fine to have an opinion. It's fine to be skeptical. But if someone is going to sling shit, they had better expect to be faced with high blowing fan!

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:45 AM
No, the nasty things you call people that don't unconditionally agree with you. Do a search.

I never attack first. Do a search.

Sandra
09-20-2009, 11:47 AM
I replaced a couple of words and bolded them. I don't think this violates anything here, but if it does, my apologies.

I hope you see the purpose for this small change.

As a side: I would argue that most of the worshipers on this board don't come close to believing everything RP believes in, even though you say you do. Religious beliefs being one example.

"Isn't RP perfectly wonderful!! Oh boy is he 100% correct"

"Yes, he's a baptist and believes in God"

"Oh, well he's wrong there, but oh man is he perfectly correct in everything else"

"Well, I think he's correct there, but wrong in position X'

"Well YOU ARE A NEOCON"

Wise replies to a thread you started. Please take to heart.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209194

Kbeaubs
09-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Wise replies to a thread you started. Please take to heart.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209194

I think you are proving my point. I see the irony. I'm not sure others do.

RM918
09-20-2009, 11:52 AM
You're not going around acting like he's the devil. And you're not insulting everyone who sees how, in some ways, he's making it easier for us to convert people.

It's fine to have an opinion. It's fine to be skeptical. But if someone is going to sling shit, they had better expect to be faced with high blowing fan!

To return 'shit' with more 'shit' is the definition of futile.

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 11:58 AM
To return 'shit' with more 'shit' is the definition of futile.

I disagree. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine.

RM918
09-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I disagree. It's called giving them a taste of their own medicine.

How is returning disrespect with the exact same sort of disrespect going to change the tone of this conversation?

FSP-Rebel
09-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I give this thread 5 stars for bickering.

MsDoodahs
09-20-2009, 12:27 PM
either way, beck is bringing people out of their living rooms to protest and it's up to us to meet them and educate them further. Don't leave everything up to beck, whether he's real or fake.

exactly.

:)

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Either way, Beck is bringing people out of their living rooms to protest and it's up to us to meet them and educate them further. Don't leave everything up to Beck, whether he's real or fake.

Except he's just going to lead those people to vote the NeoCons right back into office so the same shit happens and the Democrats are the protesters.

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Plus, I've yet to see Glenn Beck bitch about the Patriot Act. But hey, he supports it. Got to stop these evil domestic terrorists that support Ron Paul.

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Except he's just going to lead those people to vote the NeoCons right back into office so the same shit happens and the Democrats are the protesters.

While I like what Glenn Beck is doing right now, I have to wonder about the Fox News promotion of Mike Huckabee. Now with them giving him his own show, it seems like Fox News is promoting him as the next president. I don't like what I'm seeing in this respect as Mike has always come off as a major neo-con.

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:45 PM
While I like what Glenn Beck is doing right now, I have to wonder about the Fox News promotion of Mike Huckabee. Now with them giving him his own show, it seems like Fox News is promoting him as the next president. I don't like what I'm seeing in this respect as Mike has always come off as a major neo-con.

Yeah, making Christainity the official religion. Go Huckabee! Go! Boo first amendment.

Like I said. Just wait until Beck starts interviewing and supporting either one of those candidates. We'll see his true colors then.

Kbeaubs
09-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, making Christainity the official religion. Go Huckabee! Go! Boo first amendment.

Doing what? I'd like to see a link on that :rolleyes:

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 01:57 PM

Like I said. Just wait until Beck starts interviewing and supporting either one of those candidates. We'll see his true colors then.

It's not so much about making Christianity the official religion or anything like that.
It's more about duping the Christian community into voting for a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Mike is not a friend of liberty and small government, at least not the way we speak of small government. I'm pretty sure he would like our military involved all over the world, just like it has been for way too long.

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
""[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards [so it lines up with some contemporary view of how we treat each other and how we treat the family],"-Mike Huckabee

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/15/579265.aspx

Kbeaubs
09-20-2009, 02:01 PM
And out of that, you get that Huckabee wants Christianity to be the official religion?

Yeah. Okey dokey then.

Vessol
09-20-2009, 02:02 PM
And out of that, you get that Huckabee wants Christianity to be the official religion?

Yeah. Okey dokey then.

By amending the constitution to be more Christian, yeah...what a lover of liberty.

justinc.1089
09-20-2009, 02:05 PM

Well time will tell if he is sincere or not, but I don't beleive it, I think he just wants libertarians, constitutionalists, true conservatives, goldwater conservatives, reagan conservatives, paleoconservatives, conservatives that aren't thrilled with the party right now, etc.,etc.,etc., to listen to him and trust him.

It could also be just one side of him, his true sincere side, and hours from this time his greedy insincere side could have come out and said the exact opposite of all that.

Lets not forget he said he wanted to kiss Paul, and within a day or so he called Paul supporters lunatics or something like that on his radio show. I mean Beck's just not that stable, or either he's really bad at playing both sides of an issue for ratings or whatever.

Deborah K
09-20-2009, 02:13 PM
How is returning disrespect with the exact same sort of disrespect going to change the tone of this conversation?

It quells it.

silverhawks
09-20-2009, 03:10 PM
And I thought the punchline to this thread was...

"And hell has also frozen over!"

;)

I'm glad Glen Beck is with us to a degree, but I will forever remain on guard about him.

This is my feeling about it. Kudos to Beck for at least coming out and saying this, but I don't trust anyone connected with politics or media right now; even if they swear blind that they're patriots, I'd still watch them like a hawk.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Words to live by in my opinion.

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Words to live by in my opinion.

That's why it was said, "a Republic, if you can keep it."
The people must be vigilant that government will not overstep it's bounds.

MsDoodahs
09-20-2009, 03:28 PM
The people must be vigilant that government will not overstep it's bounds.

This made me laugh hysterically.

:(

RM918
09-20-2009, 03:36 PM
It quells it.

Doesn't seem to be doing that at all.

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 03:39 PM
This made me laugh hysterically.

:(
What may I ask is so funny about what I said?

The people have not been vigilant have they?

Objectivist
09-20-2009, 03:41 PM
With all the grade school going on has anyone come up with a media outlet that reaches as many people as Glen Beck? If 90% of my message is getting out to other people should I demonize the messenger? It's better than the alternative of only 10% of my message getting out to the masses.

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
With all the grade school going on has anyone come up with a media outlet that reaches as many people as Glen Beck? If 90% of my message is getting out to other people should I demonize the messenger? It's better than the alternative of only 10% of my message getting out to the masses.

What you said reinforces what I just said. Beck is getting people to be vigilant. This is something long overdue.

Objectivist
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM
What you said reinforces what I just said. Beck is getting people to be vigilant. This is something long overdue.

The other thing to mention is he is running a TV SHOW, which means he needs to stir the pot in order to maintain RATINGS. Now how F'ing boring would Beck be to us if he preached to the choir so to speak?

Vessol
09-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Yes, vigilant enough against those evil socialists to vote in another neocon, who totally isn't the same :D.

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes, vigilant enough against those evil socialists to vote in another neocon, who totally isn't the same :D.

Well given the choice between two evils, I would rather live in a country run by a neocon than one run by a socialist. Right now, it's about damage control. If something isn't immediately done, it appears we may end up without an election in 2012.

angelatc
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM

YOu're probably right. The left is starting to notice that Afghanistan is a war too. They were very good at turning the anti-war movement into Democratic votes, so it makes sense the right would try the same strategy. Bush ran on a platform of non-interventionism.....

Vessol
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Well given the choice between two evils, I would rather live in a country run by a neocon than one run by a socialist. Right now, it's about damage control. If something isn't immediately done, it appears we may end up without an election in 2012.

NeoLiberalism and NeoConservatism are different paths to the same ends.

angelatc
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM

The path isn't even all that different.

Sandra
09-20-2009, 04:45 PM

Thank you!

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 04:47 PM
It just that one path is a lot shorter than the other.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-20-2009, 05:39 PM
nt

Liberty Star
09-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I have to admit, after this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2288189&postcount=3

I did not expect Glenn Beck to say that we should get out of Iraq but he's proven me wrong.

This is a great day for liberties in America. Given his ratings and Fox revenues, millions of people would now be informed about Iraq, Afghanistan, Patriot act, bailouts, torture, ecomony and other things Obama adminstration may be doing to reduce our liberties. It would take a while to deprogram last 8 years of programming though. Good luck Fox.

KAYA
09-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Militant Beck worshipers, really? Good lord...:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
09-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't care what they are and who is running against them if they are an incumbent that is not holding government accountable to the supreme law of the land. I WILL ADVOCATE TO FIRE THEIR ASS.

Regardless of party, regardless of platform. Their opponent could be a Rothschild. I don't care. If an incumbent is not holding government accountable to the law I will vote to oust them.

I refuse to play the lesser of two evil bullshit. Do your job, insure government follows the law or you don't get reelected period.

So how is bad mouthing Beck doing any of that? It's not about the lesser of two evils, it's about getting out the truth. Right now, Beck is putting out some of the truth we want out there.

Would you rather Beck said nothing?

Revolution0918
09-20-2009, 09:57 PM
either im totally stoned....or glenn beck just seemed right?....wtf.....wtf...r we winning?...is this happening?

lx43
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM
This hatred of Beck is getting out of hand. Encourage him to your view point by emailing him and discussing issues that you don't agree on. You never know he may change his entire philosophy with regard to non interventionalism if enough people would contact him. It appears he is coming around to the idea anyway.

He certainly seems to be for small govt and for the constitution (atleast most of it). It takes time to convert people but villafying him will not help at all.

I know this might be a stretch...Ron Paul says be friends with all countries, trade with them, talk to them. Don't go to war unnecessarily. This should also go for human beings as well esp those who are 80% for the same thing you are.

GunnyFreedom
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
This is why the neocons and the neolibs own this country. Most libertarians (whom Constitutionalists find as natural allies philosophically) seem adverse to success to the point where they would probably shoot themselves in the head if they thought they were on the verge of actually winning an election. :rolleyes:

It's nonsense like this which justifies the label "lunatic fringe" and sometimes I think that many of us just hate the idea of our movement actually succeeding, on account of they could no longer call themselves 'rebels.'

Well I don't give a damn about being a 'rebel,' I just want to restore the Constitutional order and save the American Republic. Those who actively work to prevent our success, are enemies and traitors, IMHO. Sorry.

anaconda
09-20-2009, 11:37 PM
WHy do some of you continue to hate Glen Beck ?? Seriously , how stubborn and paranoid can you continue to be?? Beck is obviously on our side...

Beck's war on terror=military/industrial complex empowerment=loss of civil liberties=police state

anaconda
09-20-2009, 11:45 PM

I like that some of the sheeple GOP voters might stumble on to new ideas by virtue of Beck's rants against the Fed, big government, etc. And that he now plugs Ron Paul occasionally. They may get turned onto Ron Paul via Beck. Which would be a tad ironic, because his position on the "war on terror" is so military/industrial complex friendly. I wonder if Beck may actually believe we are fighting evil Muslims for our freedom? I suppose it's actually possible. But how could someone do his job for a living and not read up on the facts?

Matthew Zak
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Beck's war on terror=military/industrial complex empowerment=loss of civil liberties=police state

Stop.

Bucjason
09-21-2009, 08:58 PM
This is why the neocons and the neolibs own this country. Most libertarians (whom Constitutionalists find as natural allies philosophically) seem adverse to success to the point where they would probably shoot themselves in the head if they thought they were on the verge of actually winning an election. :rolleyes:

It's nonsense like this which justifies the label "lunatic fringe" and sometimes I think that many of us just hate the idea of our movement actually succeeding, on account of they could no longer call themselves 'rebels.'

Well I don't give a damn about being a 'rebel,' I just want to restore the Constitutional order and save the American Republic. Those who actively work to prevent our success, are enemies and traitors, IMHO. Sorry.

This sums up this entire thread. Well said.

BuddyRey
09-25-2009, 04:56 PM
WOW!!! Am I in the frickin' Twilight Zone here?!?!

I've been extremely wary of Glenn Beck's professions of libertarianism in the past, but this is the first time he's actually begun, to me, to sound principled.

Liberty Star
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
WOW!!! Am I in the frickin' Twilight Zone here?!?!

I've been extremely wary of Glenn Beck's professions of libertarianism in the past, but this is the first time he's actually begun, to me, to sound principled.

He's been on fire ever since his apology. This amazing Beck video will convert any American on the fence to Libertarianism instantly:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2335782&postcount=36

Spread the word.

torchbearer
09-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Is he really coming around?
Do you know how many times i've asked that question, only to have it answered a few days later with him licking Carl Rove's taint on his show?
I want to believe beck is a born again libertarian... but history tells me its a bi-polar disorder or something similar.