PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul comes in last at a straw poll

dude58677
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/59479-huckabee-easily-wins-values-voter-straw-poll

:mad::mad::mad:

Carole
09-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Well, you have to understand these folks want "REAL" change. ;)

“I think what you are seeing here is that people are ready to go to work to effect change. Real change,” Perkins said.

:):):)

pinkmandy
09-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Undeclared, unconstitutional wars of aggression and liberty stripping legislation are part of their 'values'. :(

Matt Collins
09-19-2009, 05:35 PM
So these people support amnesty for illegals? Because Huckabee does!

IPSecure
09-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007

Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record. According to The Associated Press: “[Huckabee’s] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor’s office.” And what was Governor Huckabee’s response to these ethics allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

dude58677
09-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Mike Huckabee wins, Oh how neocons will never learn.

Candidate Name Total Votes Percentage

1. Mike Huckabee 170 28.48%
2. Mitt Romney 74 12.40%
3. Tim Pawlenty 73 12.23%
4. Sarah Palin 72 12.06%
5. Mike Pence 71 11.89%
6. Newt Gingrich 40 6.70%
7. Bobby Jindal 28 4.69%
8. Rick Santorum 15 2.51%
9. Ron Paul 13 2.18%
10. Undecided 31 5.19%
11. Other 10 1.68%p

I did write the OP but I have been thinking that maybe the reason Ron Paul didn't do as well is becuase they don't expect him to run becuase of his age. John McCain isn't on the list.

robertwerden
09-19-2009, 07:20 PM
The fucking poles are what got us worked up last time. FORGET THE FUCKING POLES!!!

The secret to winning an election is to spread as many lies about the competition as possible. Mitt Romney has 3 wives. Mike Huckatard eats fried bat shit. Sarah Palin is a man.

These are the tactics to win an election.

ClayTrainor
09-19-2009, 07:25 PM
the fucking poles are what got us worked up last time. Forget the fucking poles!!!

The secret to winning an election is to spread as many lies about the competition as possible. Mitt romney has 3 wives. Mike huckatard eats fried bat shit. Sarah palin is a man.

lol!!! :D

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I am much more concerned about Mike Huckabee than I am Mitt Romney. Huckabee is far too much of a social conservative and religious fundamentalist (I'm a christian) to be leading this country.

Terrorism is going to go off the charts if that nation-builder is the next president.

dmitchell
09-19-2009, 07:49 PM
No big surprise here. Winning a poll among "values voters" means pandering to Christians. Paul is deeply Christian but he doesn't wear it on his sleeve or pander, so he loses. Everyone should have seen this coming.

LibForestPaul
09-19-2009, 08:21 PM
I love how "they' put RP in their poll.

"Lookey here, he only got 2% of the vote. Nobody is following him or his message. honest"

evadmurd
09-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Mike Huckabee is devoted opportunist that would sell his political soul to anyone that would give him power. A very dangerous politician to the 'n'th degree.

Sandra
09-19-2009, 08:48 PM
If ya think Bush was bad, wait for Huckabee.

Sandra
09-19-2009, 08:50 PM
A bunch of folks from Bethany World Prayer Center participate in that Value Voters sham. Politicians come in and tell them how to vote. Tony Perkins is from there.

Dreamofunity
09-19-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm content with these poll results.

I didn't expect hardcore socially conservative evangelicals to vote for the principled man.

james1906
09-20-2009, 12:14 AM
The fucking poles are what got us worked up last time. FORGET THE FUCKING POLES!!!

The secret to winning an election is to spread as many lies about the competition as possible. Mitt Romney has 3 wives. Mike Huckatard eats fried bat shit. Sarah Palin is a man.

YouTube - The origin of "You forgot Poland" (VOTE 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahTGNIk4q4)

Captain America
09-20-2009, 01:22 AM
i as one am a member of the republican party. i didnt hear of any staw poll. now that i think of it i never hear from the republicans. we need to chair the party. the guy running it now goes against the platform. he should be thrown out into the street. remember you will be on the bad side of history just like all the people who supported the progressive era.

rp08orbust
09-20-2009, 02:58 AM
As I recall, Ron Paul came in second place in the values voter straw poll in 2007, about which the organizers seemed a little embarrassed. So the fact that the "voters" (who are hand-picked representatives of the various religious right organizations that sponsor the event) are just the sort of suckers the Huckster panders to by wearing his religion on his sleeve doesn't explain why Ron Paul came in last this time. I wonder what steps the organizers of the poll might have taken to ensure that they were not embarrassed again by a strong Ron Paul showing.

rp08orbust
09-20-2009, 03:04 AM
As I recall, Ron Paul came in second place in the values voter straw poll in 2007, about which the organizers seemed a little embarrassed. So the fact that the "voters" (who are hand-picked representatives of the various religious right organizations that sponsor the event) are just the sort of suckers the Huckster panders to by wearing his religion on his sleeve doesn't explain why Ron Paul came in last this time. I wonder what steps the organizers of the poll might have taken to ensure that they were not embarrassed again by a strong Ron Paul showing.

This is Florida (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209309), remember.

rp08orbust
09-20-2009, 03:10 AM
We cannot let this happen at CPAC 2010.

anaconda
09-20-2009, 03:50 AM
Who are the "Values Voters?"

I'll bet none of them has been to a town hall.

These are the remaining sheep that will vote for the old dinosaur GOP that will get EVEN LESS percentages in the 2012 election because Ron Paul and all of the anti-government "town hall" types are now holding all of the cards.

The corrupt GOP CANNOT win another general election without our votes, assuming we stay united and resist all temptation to vote for a mainstream GOP military/industrial/Federal Reserve/ Complex endorsed candidate.

Theriot
09-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Huckabee is a wonderful and smart man. I think he would be a great president. I would want him to totally toughten up on the borders tho. That is the only weakness I see. He is a great speaker and much smarter than obama. He is very kind and very caring. I think America would vote for him

ROFL

james1906
09-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I noticed the top vote getters spoke at the event, was RP even invited to speak?

freedoms-light
09-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I think this event is "pandering central" and as we know, Dr Paul does not pander to anyone...
Huck is in his element with this group, panderer that he is....
Huck can adopt many of Obama's positions (except perhaps on abortion) and many of these
E- Van Jelly Cool-aid drinkers would still support him... (no offense meant to any true non-hypocrite type believers)

NYgs23
09-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Don't you think Ron Paul will be a little old then to run for president. He hasn't even said he'd run. Let's forget about this subject until, say, January 2011.

rp08orbust
09-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Don't you think Ron Paul will be a little old then to run for president. He hasn't even said he'd run. Let's forget about this subject until, say, January 2011.

There are benefits to Ron Paul winning straw polls whether he ends up running for president in 2012 or not. If Ron Paul had attended the Values Voter straw poll (which seems to be a prerequisite to getting many votes) and won it, we would be seeing all kinds of articles about how Ron Paul is emerging as the new leader of the Republican Party, instead of articles about why Suckabee is.

To see the significance pundits place on these polls, read this from before the poll: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/state-a-local-politics/59389-the-republican-value-voters-straw-poll-and-the-ted-nugent-republicans The author was clearly prepared to see Ron Paul as a rising star in the party if he had done better.

This is exactly why we can't afford to miss the opportunity to win the CPAC 2010 straw poll, which unlike VV, where the "voters" were hand-picked, is open to anyone willing to pay the $25 for students or $150 for non-students.

A. Havnes
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Huckabee is a wonderful and smart man. I think he would be a great president. I would want him to totally toughten up on the borders tho. That is the only weakness I see. He is a great speaker and much smarter than obama. He is very kind and very caring. I think America would vote for him

ROFL

Hmmm.

Pros
1. Huckabee is a funny man. Really, his inauguration speech would have killed!
2. Huckabee is a smart man. He knows how to work the system to achieve his own ends, and he blows Obama away.
3. Huckabee is charismatic. While Ron Paul explains his stands using logic, Huckabee comes up with a quick slogan, thus coming off as a smooth speaker to his supporters.

Cons
1. Huckabee is a big government type of man. He loves power, and he wouldn't be able to resist taking the power that a president shouldn't have.
2. Huckabee has a questionable political record. Look at what he did as governor.
3. His ethics in general are pretty poor as well. You should probably practice what you preach, in my opinion.
4. Huckabee loves our foreign policy, and he loves talking about how the rest of the world looks to the US to save them from tyranny, which they don't. If it were up to Huckabee, we'd blow the Middle East right out of the water in the name of being a good neighbor.
5. Huckabee doesn't have a clue how to really fix the economic crisis. He'd be voting for the bailouts if he wasn't afraid of having a tea party hunt him down!

loveshiscountry
09-22-2009, 12:55 AM
"Abortion was key for the activists in their voting, with more than 40 percent saying it was the most important issue in determining their choice of candidate to support. Protection of religious liberty was next with more than 18 percent of the vote; gay marriage was third with more than seven percent of the vote."

The economy or foreign relations didn't place in the top three?????

Spot the Fed
09-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Guess I better double the amount of land Im going to buy...

Join The Paul Side
09-23-2009, 12:34 PM
This is exactly why we can't afford to miss the opportunity to win the CPAC 2010 straw poll, which unlike VV, where the "voters" were hand-picked, is open to anyone willing to pay the $25 for students or $150 for non-students.

We should organize around this event and have Ron Paul supporters prepared to snatch up a majority of the tickets as soon as they go on sale. :)

Let's stack the deck against the neo-tards and shock the party as Ron Paul wins the CPAC straw poll. :)

rp08orbust
09-24-2009, 07:03 AM
We should organize around this event and have Ron Paul supporters prepared to snatch up a majority of the tickets as soon as they go on sale. :)

Tickets have been on sale since early Spring. I don't think there's a limit on tickets; if they sell too many, then they move to a bigger venue, which they have had to do every few years since the first CPAC in the early 1980s, IIRC.

Buy your tickets now.