View Full Version : Rep. Joe Wilson: Liar

Bradley in DC
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.rollcall.com/news/38697-1.html

Wilson Did Not Support Clyburn’s Daughter for State Position in 1998
By Steven T. Dennis
Roll Call Staff
Sept. 18, 2009, 5:24 p.m.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) voted against the daughter of House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) for a spot on the state Public Service Commission in 1998 when Wilson was a state Senator, contrary to a statement he made to Roll Call Wednesday.

RSLudlum
09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Screw em both. I can't stand either of them. Clyburn is my rep and can never get a decent response from him or his office when I contact him and has the craziest gerrymandered district in the state. Wilson is a Medicare Expansion, Patriot Act, FISA loving fool that Republicans are now kissing his ass bc. of one out of place remark. What happened to the "kick em all out" mantra? The only federal SC rep I have any kind of respect for is Jim DeMint. At least he responds on topic when I've contacted him.

expendibleater
09-18-2009, 11:19 PM
http://www.rollcall.com/news/38697-1.html (http://www.rollcall.com/news/38697-1.html)

Wilson Did Not Support Clyburn’s Daughter for State Position in 1998
By Steven T. Dennis
Roll Call Staff
Sept. 18, 2009, 5:24 p.m.
Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) voted against the daughter of House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) for a spot on the state Public Service Commission in 1998 when Wilson was a state Senator, contrary to a statement he made to Roll Call Wednesday.
Why is RollCall running this story, Brad? Is this for the audience outside the Beltway? Because insiders know what Wilson is, there's no benefit in advertising this internally.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Why is RollCall running this story, Brad? Is this for the audience outside the Beltway? Because insiders know what Wilson is, there's no benefit in advertising this internally.

Roll Call is pretty much a Capitol Hill political rag (that and National Journal and The Hill are read in all of the Congressional offices). As for motive? I don't have a crystal ball.

Aratus
09-19-2009, 10:36 AM
oh do say it ain't so... joe!
(and he not be a joseph?)

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 10:40 AM

If I had to speculate, I'd say they probably just felt like saying "You Lie" to Joe Wilson LOL

expendibleater
09-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Roll Call is pretty much a Capitol Hill political rag (that and National Journal and The Hill are read in all of the Congressional offices). As for motive? I don't have a crystal ball.
It doesn't make sense to run this story to a beltway audience... I just don't get it.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2009, 10:48 AM
It doesn't make sense to run this story to a beltway audience... I just don't get it.

I'm not sure of the premise of the question. :confused: You have lots of different reporters who work for different outlets trying to write stories that get read.

Beyond that, yes of course it makes sense to a beltway audience. Most people in the country don't know who Wilson is. Most people probably don't know they have two senators much less who they are. Most people are busy with jobs and kids and the rest of their life.

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I think Wilson has raised $1.7 million since his outburst.

I continue to contend we are moving ever faster toward Idiocracy.

expendibleater
09-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure of the premise of the question. :confused: You have lots of different reporters who work for different outlets trying to write stories that get read.

Beyond that, yes of course it makes sense to a beltway audience. Most people in the country don't know who Wilson is. Most people probably don't know they have two senators much less who they are. Most people are busy with jobs and kids and the rest of their life.
Articles of this nature have a given objective... especially for the audience of readers that the publication attracts. I don't see what possible objective there could be in pointing out that Wilson is "not-reputable" to a beltway audience, who would already know this information.

Your characterization of the American public is disgusting, and is typical of the arrogance found inside the Beltway. It is DC who is out of touch, not the American public.

Bradley in DC
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Your characterization of the American public is disgusting, and is typical of the arrogance found inside the Beltway. It is DC who is out of touch, not the American public.

I'm not from here and spend a lot of time with family in Ohio. I think your characterization of characterization off: I'm saying most people have their priorities in order rather than obsess of this stuff.

But yes, political DC is largely out of touch.