PDA

View Full Version : David Frum traces evolution of Beck from Bushite to Paulite

erowe1
09-18-2009, 08:11 PM
http://www.newmajority.com/glenn-beck-and-ron-paul

He does it in a snooty way. But I can't deny that I found it a useful summary, complete with links.

sevin
09-18-2009, 08:13 PM
:D Awesome. I like a lot of what Beck is saying right now, but it goes to show that when a Republican takes back the White House, Beck will be our enemy again.

MRoCkEd
wow

Flash
http://countenance.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/david_frum.jpg

He's such a handsome devil..

Beck has utterly absorbed Paul’s crank monetary and banking theories as his own.]

Oh David, you're so smart. Please go on Glenn Beck's show and have a debate with Ron Paul or Peter Schiff, both people who actually went to Economist schools, over economics. Let's see what happens.

Liberty Star
09-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm not a Beck fan and he comes across as an opportunist.

But David 'axis of evil' Frum has turned on Beck just because Beck went after Obama czar Cass Sunstein after Van Jones?

If Beck has any courage, he would not stop going after Obama czars on the list he had made:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=210530

itshappening
09-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Beck supported the bailouts and used to rail against RP...

he's an entertainer and a populist who flip flops but he's better than Hannity or Rush who don't talk to us and are looking tired

MRoCkEd
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
The more Frum hates Beck, the more I like Beck.

Cowlesy
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
You know why Frum is heading in this direction, in my opinion---have we ever seen Frum on his show?

Envy anyone?

BuddyRey
09-18-2009, 08:24 PM

I wonder if he was kin to another famous rubenesque drama queen with a flair for the aburd.

http://home.comcast.net/~flickhead/PF120507.jpg

YumYum
09-18-2009, 08:36 PM

He does it in a snooty way. But I can't deny that I found it a useful summary, complete with links.

NewMajority is an Israel firster, anti-Goyim web site. I've never seen such hate.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Good. Hope Beck embraces and sounds more like Ron Paul each day. Maybe he'll get his 3+ million audience to want to end the Fed too.

Dionysus
09-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm watching GB right now on the utubes. That's all I"m willing to say until we judge the next 30 yrs of his career in retrospective.

emazur
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Ooh, I'd just love to be David Scum's intern:
http://www.newmajority.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/intern_ad.jpg

dr. hfn
09-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I think Beck is a turncoat piece of shit that cant be trusted, but we can use him and everyone he inspires to achieve our goals.

Carole
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
LOL :)

Do read the second comment at the end of the article.

nbruno322
09-18-2009, 10:07 PM
You know why Frum is heading in this direction, in my opinion---have we ever seen Frum on his show?

Envy anyone?

Envy perhaps that Beck is helping move the a significant part of America in the direction away from his neoconservativism to Constitutional government and especially non-interventionism and that would jeopardize the foreign adventurism that he and his ilk so adore.

Don't forget, most neo cons are one-issue types, that being foreign policy. We could have a communist (hell most of them are ex-commies like Horowitz anyways) govt for all they care, but as long as they continue the empire foreign policy it would be ok with them.

Beck is no fan of Frum either, I have heard him and Stu from his radio show bash him and neo cons for destroying the Republican party.

Wait and see, other neo cons will come out against Beck to try to bring him and his influence back squarely into the neo con camp. The momentum, however is def. against the neo cons. If we are lucky this could be the beginning of a split between the parasites and host (neo cons and conservatives respectively). We would be wise to take advantage and put a wedge between Beck and these neo con fools.

What we should aim for is to use Beck and his momentum to help amplify the split between neo cons and the larger conservative movement, helping the conservatives dump these neo cons once and for all and banish them to the fringes where they properly belong.

Flash
09-18-2009, 10:07 PM
LOL :)

Do read the second comment at the end of the article.

It's laughable to think some obscure fringe Liberal-Republican like David Frum will have influence over Beck.

By the way, Beck's recent interview with Ron Paul was indeed cancelled last week. Meaning he should be rescheduled sometime on his show next week ( I hope). Hopefully Glenn will embrace his ideas on non-interventionism.

Heres some good Mises articles on Frum:

http://blog.mises.org/archives/007564.asp
http://blog.mises.org/archives/007637.asp
http://blog.mises.org/archives/007598.asp

RoamZero
09-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Who is this jwinston character that put in this comment on that blog?

I’ve never bothered to sign-up to comment, but the times now warrant doing so. I truly believe Horowitz is fair, and will realize the lunacy of Beck giving Paul the time of day. Hopefully in the next week he will call Beck out on it in private, as Horowitz seems to hold great influence over Beck. While I have always discounted Paul and quickly condemned anyone who brings him up using the anti-semite card, for some reason the media, even our friends in the media, still permit him airtime.

From a policy standpoint, we need a strategy to dismantle this antiquated libertarian/crank-right/non-intervention policy, that which even Beck often times acknowledges. Beck needs to be reined back in and shaped with the policy of spreading American goodness around the globe, so that all may enjoy prosperity (and yes, make the world safe for Israel…though don’t repeat that to the masses) like we do.

I still have hope for Beck, and I think Horowitz can cut-off the Ron Paul connection with Beck, or at least plant doubts in Beck’s mind.

I dont believe that people would be that blatant, sounds like reverse pyschology perhaps?

KAYA
09-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Good. Hope Beck embraces and sounds more like Ron Paul each day. Maybe he'll get his 3+ million audience to want to end the Fed too.

It was Beck's disdain for the Fed that 1st caught my attention, before that I never paid the guy any mind.

YumYum
09-18-2009, 11:35 PM

Oh David, you're so smart. Please go on Glenn Beck's show and have a debate with Ron Paul or Peter Schiff, both people who actually went to Economist schools, over economics. Let's see what happens.

Ape? No. Pig? Maybe.

YumYum
09-18-2009, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=RoamZero;2323874]Who is this jwinston character that put in this comment on that blog?

I dont believe that people would be that blatant, sounds like reverse pyschology perhaps?[/QUOTElL]

You're quoting from the "NewMajority" web page, which is anti-goyim and Israel firster. Who is jwinston? Ape? Maybe. Pig. Yes. By the way, jwinston doesn't eat pork. He is totally against cannibalism.

Dr.3D
09-19-2009, 12:14 AM

While watching the Sept 2009 video explaining what happens when the fed prints dollars and comparing it with dividing a pizza, I have to wonder how many everyday people will understand what was presented about monetizing the debt.

If people actually study those youtube videos, this whole article may backfire in the face of he who wrote it.

purplechoe
09-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Wow, these guys are like chickens with their heads cut off, the head is missing but the body is still going. :)

purplechoe
09-19-2009, 01:13 AM
The more Frum hates Beck, the more I like Beck.

I will always have my doubts... The shit he pulled in 2008 cannot be easily forgotten. Stay on guard.

awake
09-19-2009, 05:44 AM
Didn't Beck have near death experience? When and what was the cause?

The Deacon
09-19-2009, 07:15 AM
There aren't enough types of cancers in the world to wish on Frum at this point. **** that guy.

mczerone
09-19-2009, 08:44 AM
If you knew what I knew about David Frum, you would like him even less, I guarantee it.

I'll whisper it into your ear as we head to commercial...

/Spreading insidious, hateful, and unprovable rumors is the only tool this tool has to debate anyone

Freedom 4 all
09-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I wonder if he was kin to another famous rubenesque drama queen with a flair for the aburd.

http://home.comcast.net/~flickhead/PF120507.jpg

His mother is a muppet on the Canadian Sesame Street. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Park

HOLLYWOOD
09-19-2009, 10:11 AM
David Frum is just a Canadian Carpetbagger that manipulates the masses with words. A media propagandist.

Now where's that video of the college students at that Frum book signing video?

Another destructive POS that wedged their way into the political arena.

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 10:25 AM
This is very unfortunate, first David Frum attacks RP's book and now he does not want Beck to go after other Obama czars.

Bruno
09-19-2009, 10:28 AM
This is very deliberate, first David Frum attacks RP's book and now he does not want Beck to go after other Obama czars.

mine in bold

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 11:01 AM
The thing that kills me about Frum, is that he is an intelligent person. Given that fact, calling Ron Paul an "anti-semite" is clearly a slur, because everyone knows Ron Paul is not an anti-semite.

It is one thing for Frum to attack Ron Paul because he thinks Paul's policies are bunk, but it is another thing to place hateful labels on someone when they cannot be justified.

If Ron Paul were an anti-semite, he would never be on the news (often times being interviewed by reporters of jewish background) and he would lose 98% of his supporters, including me.

Frum is going to further isolate himself and hurt his own credibility by using baseless slurs in place of policy critique on well-respected individuals like Ron Paul.

erowe1
09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Frum is going to further isolate himself and hurt his own credibility by using baseless slurs in place of policy critique on well-respected individuals like Ron Paul.

It's not baseless. It's based (I assume) on the newsletters, in which Ron Paul (or rather, someone writing on his behalf, which is the same thing) published antisemitic remarks. I don't agree that he's anti-semitic. But it's definitely not baseless.

Freedom 4 all
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
The thing that kills me about Frum, is that he is an intelligent person. Given that fact, calling Ron Paul an "anti-semite" is clearly a slur, because everyone knows Ron Paul is not an anti-semite.

Everyone who's not a freaking moron knows RP is not an anti-semite, but sadly that is far from "everyone."

Young Paleocon
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
RP's hero is Mises and he was great friends with Rothbard. He must be the most conflicted anti-semite ever.

erowe1
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
RP's hero is Mises and he was great friends with Rothbard. He must be the most conflicted anti-semite ever.

Well, yeah, but if he were an anti-semite, he wouldn't be the first example of one who was conflicted in such ways. Far from it.

Dionysus
09-19-2009, 11:25 AM
As far as I know, Frum cheapens the term anti-semite by labelling any non-warmonger an anti-semite, which would include many Jewish people. This is why these guys jumped off the Democratic party, they found the Republicans were more conducive to their warmongering when they couched it in evangelical terms. BTW, that intern ad is the creepiest thing ever.

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 11:28 AM
The thing that kills me about Frum, is that he is an intelligent person.

I'm surprised you find any intelligence in the guy who is known for Bush's 'axis of evil' speech and pushed extremely dumb (or cunning anti-American agenda) that got us into biggest crisis of our lifetimes, many innocent lives and depletion of massive wealth. If he had any intelligence and was a patriotic American, he would have opposed his own views instead of being a pawn during the dumb years of our history. He's a poster boy of anti American neocons. He supports Glenn Beck's attacks on Van Jones but turns on him when he goes after next Obama czar, so many issues with this guy's mindset.

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised you find any intelligence in the guy who is known for Bush's 'axis of evil' speech and pushed extremely dumb (or cunning anti-American agenda) that got us into biggest crisis of our lifetimes, many innocent lives and depletion of massive wealth. If he had any intelligence and was a patriotic American, he would have opposed his own views instead of being a pawn during the dumb years of our history. He's a poster boy of anti American neocons. He supports Glenn Beck's attacks on Van Jones but turns on him when he goes after next Obama czar, so many issues with this guy's mindset.

You're surprised I find any intelligence in Frum, and in the same sentence, you mention that he has an "cunning anti-American agenda".

If all the neo-conservatives were unintelligent and possessed an anti-American agenda, I don't believe they would be so influential on American foreign policy. Not to make this binary, but either the neo-conservatives are pro-America and unintelligent, or they are anti-America and intelligent. I lean toward the latter.

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Ok, as a secular observation, we can say he's very clever or has intelligence, technically you're right there. But just observaing intelligence in a foreign lobbies agent like this guy who's working against America's best interests would be incomplete statement. In other words, he's not an intelligenct America firster and I think that should also be noted when assessing people like him.

Cowlesy
09-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Ok, as a secular observation, we can say he's very clever or has intelligence, technically you're right there. But just observaing intelligence in a foreign lobbies agent like this guy who's working against America's best interests would be incomplete statement. In other words, he's not an intelligenct America firster and I think that should also be noted when assessing people like him.

Not quite sure what you are speaking of in "observing intelligence in a foreign lobbies agent like this guy who's working against America's best interest would be an incomplete statement" means with respect to my original post which gave no intention of being a summary of Frum, but was rather an observation of his dishonesty.

And I don't think anyone in this thread purported David Frum to be an "America-firster."

If anything, he and his ilk have done more harm to our foreign relations that can ever hoped to be reversed in the next two presidencies, in my opinion.