PDA

View Full Version : Americans are anti-gay foul-mouthed violent racists, infers Pelosi

expendibleater
09-18-2009, 12:10 PM
[/URL][url]http://www.towleroad.com/2009/09/pelosi-references-harvey-milk-in-violence-warning-to-house-gop.html (http://www.towleroad.com/2009/09/pelosi-references-harvey-milk-in-violence-warning-to-house-gop.html)

Nancy Pelosi reportedly choked up and got "teary-eyed" at her weekly press conference today when discussing the hostile political climate in which the nation finds itself today, and referenced the assassination of San Francisco Supervisor Harvey Milk and George Moscone.

Said Pelosi (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/09/17/2073142.aspx): "The balance between freedom and safety is one that we have to carefully balance. … I have some concerns about some of the language being used, because I saw this myself in the late 70s in San Francisco; this kind of rhetoric was very frightening, and it created a climate where violence took place. I wish that we could all curb our enthusiasm in the statements that we make and understand that some of the ears that it's falling on are not as balanced as the person making the statement might assume...Again our country is based on people being able to say what they believe, but I also believe they must take responsibility for any incitement they may cause."

Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0909/Pelosi_warns_GOP_of_inciting_violence_Was_she_invo king_Milk_murder.html): "A top Pelosi aide later confirmed reporters' suggestions that her statement was likely a reference to the City Hall murder of gay rights activist Harvey Milk and Mayor George Moscone in Nov. 1978 — an earth-shattering experience for Bay Area Democrats like the speaker."
YouTube - Rep. Nancy Pelosi worries about Protests violence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRySw0uoAk)

RM918
09-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Except when Democrats do it. Then it's fine.

tmosley
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I guess they can smell their own kind.

Original_Intent
09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes, I hope she assumes any responsibility for actions taken from her remarks calling town hall protestors "Nazis".

angelatc
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I hope she's cracking. I hope the pressure is getting to her.

Government is supposed to be afraid of the people. Seems I recall hearing something about that...

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Woo! So exciting! How easily their lies break, like glass, when people actually start standing up and speaking out against this tyranny.

catdd
09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, if she can't stand the heat...

anaconda
09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Bad and dishonest analogy by Pelosi. Most of the irate people at the town halls are probably FOR the civil liberties of gays, just like Ron Paul.

Really makes me angry that she implies that "rhetoric" will lead to "violence." We have laws against violence Nancy, so we're covered there..Last time I checked rhetoric was legal.

And what about her anti-American statement about "balancing freedom of speech and safety?" Do these people NEVER learn? No, Nancy, hardy and patriotic Americans WILL NEVER give up one iota of freedom for safety.

erowe1
09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Did you mean implies or infers?

Dr.3D
09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Bad and dishonest analogy by Pelosi. Most of the irate people at the town halls are probably FOR the civil liberties of gays, just like Ron Paul.

Really makes me angry that she implies that "rhetoric" will lead to "violence." We have laws against violence Nancy, so we're covered there..Last time I checked rhetoric was legal.

And what about her anti-American statement about "balancing freedom of speech and safety?" Do these people NEVER learn? No, Nancy, hardy and patriotic Americans WILL NEVER give up one iota of freedom for safety.

Yep, even if we can't get rid of the PATRIOT act.

erowe1
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM

Who in the world is against civil liberties for gays (short of the Phelps clan)? I've never met anyone who is, and I'm almost as anti-gay as they come.

catdd
09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
She's trying to label us as the stereotypical "ignorant rednecks".

ClayTrainor
09-18-2009, 04:00 PM
"The balance between freedom and safety is one that we have to carefully balance." - Pelosi

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security." - Ben Franklin

Hmmmmmm..... Who should i listen to? :p

Deborah K
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I hope she's cracking. I hope the pressure is getting to her.

Government is supposed to be afraid of the people. Seems I recall hearing something about that...

I saw that yesterday and couldn't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She's definitely crumbling under the pressure. Her agenda isn't going to be so easy to achieve and she can't handle it.

I hope a principled individual runs against her next year - and WINS!!! Please oh please God! http://i40.tinypic.com/2wqdimw.jpg

anaconda
09-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Did you mean implies or infers?

Said mentioned them sort of separately but in sufficient proximity to imply a causal relationship. "Infer" is actually an acceptable synonym per the dictionary.

anaconda
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
"The balance between freedom and safety is one that we have to carefully balance." - Pelosi

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security." - Ben Franklin

Hmmmmmm..... Who should i listen to? :p

She is such a loser. Must be painful for her to wake up at her age and begin to understand that many people are both 1) not stupid and 2) actual Patriots.

anaconda
09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Who in the world is against civil liberties for gays (short of the Phelps clan)? I've never met anyone who is, and I'm almost as anti-gay as they come.

Bible belt Republicans talk frequently of Amendments legitimizing marriages between only members of the opposite sex. Ron Paul would never go for this because the state should have nothing to do with marriages.