PDA

View Full Version : New Police Brutality Video - [South Bend Police Dept.]

Reason
09-18-2009, 09:21 AM
YouTube - Dash cam video of excessive force during traffic stop released (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOl2g1BuwQ)

"Raw Police dash cam video:The city released dash cam video of a February 2009 traffic stop during which South Bend Police Cpl. Jason King was accused of using excessive force.
SOUTH BEND, The city of South Bend has released the dash cam video of a traffic stop that led to the suspension of a South Bend police officer.

South Bend Police Chief Darryl Boykins accused Cpl. Jason King of repeatedly More.. hitting an unresisting suspect, Skee Katlun, during that traffic stop on February 14. Boykins said it was "excessive force" and accused King of lying in the report.

King admitted he hit Katlun during the February traffic stop, but said he was using self defense moves because he was afraid Katlun might have a gun. He also said the dash cam video from that night backs up his claim.

The Board of Public Safety suspended King for 30 days and demoted him for one year.

The prosecutor's office Tuesday said a grand jury decided there wasn't enough evidence to indict King on criminal charges.

King is collecting disability for neck injuries from an on-duty car crash in 2007"

youngbuck
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Omg, he was completely giving up, limbs spread out and all. Posed absolutely no threat to the cops. It was like the cops were in a competition to see who could get the most hits in.

The prosecutor's office Tuesday said a grand jury decided there wasn't enough evidence to indict King on criminal charges.

wtf? Like I've said, just avoid contact with police at all costs cause any run in with them can result in injustice.

angelatc
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
YouTube - Dash cam video of excessive force during traffic stop released (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOl2g1BuwQ)

Civil suit. Big time.

catdd
09-18-2009, 02:19 PM
I think they occasionally release one of these videos as a warning to the rest of us.
They get a 2 weeks paid holiday and the public gets the message.

tremendoustie
09-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I think they occasionally release one of these videos as a warning to the rest of us.
They get a 2 weeks paid holiday and the public gets the message.

I don't think so. The biggest risk to them is widespread public outrage and opposition, not people thinking the police are lovable fuzzballs who can be ignored.

Releasing videos both helps and hurts their cause. If they never release videos, the public will become suspicious and demand openness and accountability. However, if the content of the tapes is too egregious, it will only incite more anger.

Not everything is a conspiracy -- I think they release videos when they have to legally, and can't come up with a good excuse not to.

catdd
09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I didn't say it was a conspiracy, I just said they may release an occasional video as a warning to the rest of us.
As many of these that surface they sure don't seem very worried about anyone witnessing their actions. You would think that after a few of these have been released, some new policies would be enacted.
But this is definitely a tough new strategy they have adopted and they sure aren't ashamed of it.

RedStripe
09-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Fuck the police.

tremendoustie
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
I didn't say it was a conspiracy, I just said they may release an occasional video as a warning to the rest of us.
As many of these that surface they sure don't seem very worried about anyone witnessing their actions. You would think that after a few of these have been released, some new policies would be enacted.
But this is definitely a tough new strategy they have adopted and they sure aren't ashamed of it.

I guess I shouldn't use the C-word, which unfortunately carries with it negative implications that it should not. I agree they're not worried. I guess I see it more as a feeling of invulnerability which allows them to release these videos without reforming, and perhaps even the delusion that what they do is somehow justifiable, rather than an intentional effort to intimidate.

They're obviously acting as thuggish brutes in any case.

Freedom 4 all
09-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Rabid dogs