PDA

View Full Version : Rally for Republic DVD is finally out!

Jeremy
09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
They just started selling it tonight at the Northeast conference. 3 discs!

MRoCkEd
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
well i got mine

Matt Collins
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Is there a link to buy it? Or a BitTorrent link perhaps?

Yes, I'd like to download it and watch it before I spend the $ to purchase it to ensure that I like it.

LibertyEagle
09-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Is there a link to buy it? Or a BitTorrent link perhaps?

Yes, I'd like to download it and watch it before I spend the $ to purchase it to ensure that I like it.

If such a link is posted here and I see it, it will be deleted. Fair warning.

BuddyRey
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
The C4L site still doesn't seem to have it, and neither does Amazon.

Matt Collins
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
If such a link is posted here and I see it, it will be deleted. Fair warning.Why? :confused:

Jeremy
09-18-2009, 05:17 AM
By the way it's not the greatest editing you'll see lol. For Liberty will be much better. But this is good to have just for the speeches and stuff... 3 discs of stuff.

KramerDSP
09-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Anyone know if the Rally for the Republic is subtitled or captioned ? I'm gonna guess NO on that. C4L is completely ignoring every request I have made to them to transcribe or subtitle their videos, and I have asked nicely several times for them to do this (through e-mails and Twitter). Is there anybody here who works for C4L? If so, you must know the person who runs the Twitter page that has not responded to any of my direct messages.

Not only is it frustrating, it is insulting. I have not donated one cent to C4L because of this. A massive push has begun for H.R. 3101, (http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_3101.html) the 21st century communications and accessibility act of 2009. I am seriously conflicted about this, because on one hand, I don't think the government should force people to do this. On the other hand, ESPN, C4L, and NUMEROUS other sites, including virtually all of the mainstream media networks and the blogger newssites have turned a blind eye to the requests of me and other Deaf folks like me. :mad:

Shouldnt C4L be setting an example for all the other organizations to follow? Instead of blatantly ignoring every request I make and not even humoring me with an e-mail response saying "We're sorry, but we can't do this service you request". I mean, Ron Paul supporters here and RonPaul.Com are the ONLY way I get transcripts (unless Ron Paul was interviewed on CNN or Fox) that allow me to subtitle the videos and share them with Deaf folks around the country. I don't know what to think about H.R. 3101, but the content on the web is becoming increasingly auditory in the form of podcasts and videos that aren't subtitled and of which do not provide transcripts for the dialogue within.

Matt Collins
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
I agree. It should be subtitled. Not just in English, but in other languages too.

FSP-Rebel
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
You can always just watch it on google video.

BuddyRey
09-18-2009, 05:23 PM
So where can we order the DVD?