PDA

View Full Version : Legality of chip-ins?

Elwar
09-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, I recall during the elections there were several chip-ins for various grassroots activities...

How were these legal considering most of the grassroots efforts were in support of Ron Paul. And I thought that no PAC could endorse a single candidate...

I'm asking because I was thinking of creating a centralized location for these types of chip-ins and ideas for grassroots efforts that would require them, but I wouldn't want to get started if they were only "legal" because they weren't really worth the effort for anyone to go after them...

FrankRep
09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Ok, I recall during the elections there were several chip-ins for various grassroots activities...

How were these legal considering most of the grassroots efforts were in support of Ron Paul. And I thought that no PAC could endorse a single candidate...

I'm asking because I was thinking of creating a centralized location for these types of chip-ins and ideas for grassroots efforts that would require them, but I wouldn't want to get started if they were only "legal" because they weren't really worth the effort for anyone to go after them...
I would seriously ask a lawyer, not a forum. :)

Elwar
09-18-2009, 06:28 AM
Ya but that would require...talking to a lawyer...:(

FrankRep
09-18-2009, 06:42 AM
Ya but that would require...talking to a lawyer...:(
Better than talking to a judge.