PDA

View Full Version : Promote Rand Paul! Important!

justinc.1089
09-17-2009, 05:09 PM
I have seen like a million threads lately about whether Glenn Beck is helping or hurting how much more or less freedom the country gains to sum it up, but honestly, is anything being accomplished with everyone sitting around arguing about a tv star here?

Only a little more than 500 people have pledged to donate to Rand on the 23rd!!!

I KNOW we can do better than that. Its time to email, comment, post, heck even hack and spam if thats what it takes to promote this so that ALL the Ron Paul supporters out there know about this!

Winning Senate and Congressional races is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the presidency, if not more important since it is easier to accomplish!

And its also the only thing we can work on right now anyway since there is no presidential election right now lol!

Seriously, I know personally I don't know enough to make a huge difference in promoting this stuff, but I do all I know how which is mostly just adding friends on myspace and doing stuff through that.

So even if you're like me do what you can! Together we can make the difference!

And those that were the people making huge differences back in Ron's campaign promoting him here with us get to work!

I mean whats going on?!

Rand CAN win, but you MUST do your part! And thats not just donating money, its also PROMOTING!

We absolutely CAN get WAY more than 1000 people that will donate to this. Its time to get to work again for freedom people!

justinc.1089
09-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Sorry my computer posted the same thing twice for some reason.

Bruno
09-17-2009, 05:15 PM
One thread on this topic will do

justinc.1089
09-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm just trying to make sure everyone sees it since this whole place is organized in a counter-productive way placing emphasis on general politics, while grassroots central was the most popular thread in the past, and then you still also have 2010 planning. Personally I think either 2010 planning needs to be at the top or grassroots central so that people can use the forum more effectively but what do I know, I guess talking about Beck in general politics is more important than winning 2010 elections.

Dr.3D
09-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, most of us just click on the 'New Posts' button at the top of the screen and see what is new in all areas.

Flash
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm just trying to make sure everyone sees it since this whole place is organized in a counter-productive way placing emphasis on general politics, while grassroots central was the most popular thread in the past, and then you still also have 2010 planning. Personally I think either 2010 planning needs to be at the top or grassroots central so that people can use the forum more effectively but what do I know, I guess talking about Beck in general politics is more important than winning 2010 elections.

I like the idea of merging Ron Paul Grassroots & General politics together. Then bring 2010 candidate sections at the top of the message board.

justinc.1089
09-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I like the idea of merging Ron Paul Grassroots & General politics together. Then bring 2010 candidate sections at the top of the message board.

Yeah thats a good idea too. General politics certainly does not need to be at the top of the message board. The way everything is laid out right now is counter-productive because it has emphasis in three different areas, General Politics, Grassroots Central, and 2010 candidates. My personal feeling is that most people just go to General Politics because it always has more people viewing it. And I think it causes a lot of very important topics to be missed by lots of members on here too. I mean auditing the fed and elections are our important things to talk about right now so we can brainstorm plans of action and then coordinate with each other to carry them out. Talking about how Obama and Beck suck, or in Beck's case don't suck according to some members (please don't start that argument!), is not important at all to us. Its actually a waste of time in my opinion.

Basically this is my opinion of how everything is laid out right now and why its bad:

General Politics: Its smack at the top implying it is the center of discussion here and one of the most important parts, when it is one of the least important parts here. It does not need to be at the top where it is featured prominently for everyone to see and to be encouraged to go post in. Also this adds an element of confusion as to what the main area of the forum is because in the past it was Grassroots Central, and the title Grassroots Central also implies it is the main area of the forum, but yet it is not, General Politics now is instead. Also Glenn Beck is like 1/4 of all the topics there which is really getting old, and just wasting space. The mods should just shove a little Glenn Beck debate thread in hot topics or somewhere else so people can go argue about him like a retard trying to win the special olympics.

2010 Planning: Right now this is the most important part of this entire place in my opinion, or either the audit the fed section, but in my opinion this is more important, and right now it doesn't get nearly as much attention as general politics because its just not in the right place for people to see it. It looks like its not that important since its stuck further down.

Grassroots Central: This is what General Politics has been stuck in the place of, and it shows too. Instead of talking about grassroots effort related topics to further liberty the area with the most discussion happening is General Politics where everyone just discusses well General Politics, not stuff oriented towards actually doing something. In the past General Politics was placed somewhere with little emphasis placed on it because of this reason, it was just somewhere to go to discuss politics if you wanted to, but its not important compared to Grassroots Central or 2010 Planning so it was not given an important position. Either Grassroots Central or 2010 Planning should be placed prominently at the top of the forum in my opinion. I'm not sure of which, but the other should absolutely be right below it too. And who cares where general politics goes really. I don't get why it was put in such an attention grabbing spot to start with honestly. And all it did was shift attention from winning elections in 2010 and getting the fed audited to debating whether Glenn Beck is a nice man or not.

FSP-Rebel
09-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Yep, I've long been of the opinion that the General Politics section should be demoted. Grassroots Central, 2010 planning and the Schiff/Kokesh/Rand subforums should be the 1st things you see when you enter LF.

NerveShocker
09-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Yep, I've long been of the opinion that the General Politics section should be demoted. Grassroots Central, 2010 planning and the Schiff/Kokesh/Rand subforums should be the 1st things you see when you enter LF.

I agree this setup is a bit confusing I would at least switch Grassroots Central to the top (Hence the name). As for this money-bomb everyone knows Peter's money-bomb was a non-event because it was pushed onto us by a small part of the grassroots with no time to advertise hardly. Not to mention Schiff wasn't even running yet so many were just not interested. We've had time to promote this but seem to be slacking, myself included. If you haven't signed up but plan on donating please do so now. We need the numbers to go up to encourage others, that's just how it works.

JoshLowry
09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Moved the 2010 Liberty Candidates forum to the top for now...

Ron Paul Grassroots Central was mainly for the Presidential race.

justinc.1089
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Awesome! I think thats a major improvement.

Flash
09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Looks better.

FSP-Rebel
09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm liking the new facelift. Kudos

ClayTrainor
09-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm going to start going around on youtube comments and responding to positive comments on Ron Paul videos.

This is a good method of getting more donations for a money bomb. Just respond with something like.

"Ron Paul's son Rand is running for senate in kentucky and is having a money bomb on the 23rd. Please contribute if you can, we need more Ron Pauls in washington"

Moved the 2010 Liberty Candidates forum to the top for now...

Ron Paul Grassroots Central was mainly for the Presidential race.

I hear ya, but it always seemed to be far more objective and activism oriented than General politics, and it was nice when it had just as many people in it. General politics tends to be a little more divisive, political and less focused on activism.

Grassroots Central used to be a nice central hub to talk about all of the different candidates and promotional things we got going on, but it's a lot slower ever since it's been demoted to the bottom of the main page. I also think it should be the first forum people see if we're interested in keeping as many people interested in activism as possible.

Just my 2 cents :)

justinc.1089
09-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I'm going to start going around on youtube comments and responding to positive comments on Ron Paul videos.

This is a good method of getting more donations for a money bomb. Just respond with something like.

"Ron Paul's son Rand is running for senate in kentucky and is having a money bomb on the 23rd. Please contribute if you can, we need more Ron Pauls in washington"

I hear ya, but it always seemed to be far more objective and activism oriented than General politics, and it was nice when it had just as many people in it. General politics tends to be a little more divisive, political and less focused on activism.

Grassroots Central used to be a nice central hub to talk about all of the different candidates and promotional things we got going on, but it's a lot slower ever since it's been demoted to the bottom of the main page. I also think it should be the first forum people see if we're interested in keeping as many people interested in activism as possible.

Just my 2 cents :)

Yeah I second that, my opinion is the same.

LibertyEagle
09-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Grassroots Central used to be a nice central hub to talk about all of the different candidates and promotional things we got going on,

That's how I consider it too.