PDA

View Full Version : Everybody..go to www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com trust me

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 04:30 PM
you will be blown away! This is the kind of website that we need to send all new people to.....just look at it!

Who is running this thing?:eek:

Sorry for dbl posting but I think it worth the harrassment:)

Chernitsky
09-29-2007, 04:31 PM
nice

Perry
09-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Very nice. The forum looks familiar.:D

slantedview
09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com

TechnoGuyRob
09-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll be making homemade signs and putting them up tonight for National Paint The Town Ron day.

Should I link to this site instead? Maybe both? I'm thinking (since it looks unprofessional) it might be better to link to Paul's official site...

Perry
09-29-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll be making homemade signs and putting them up tonight for National Paint The Town Ron day.

Should I link to this site instead? Maybe both? I'm thinking (since it looks unprofessional) it might be better to link to Paul's official site...

It doesn't look unprofessional in the slightest. At worst it's slightly crowded yet still very well organized considering the amount of links and data. No, that's easily one of the nicest sites i've seen yet.

Question_Authority
Ummmm....sorry to burst your bubble but I think it's pretty bad. It looks pretty amateur. Too "busy", too many font styles, too much crammed onto one page, slow loading, old fashioned bubble buttons, AND I got an error that crashed my internet explorer. ]

I am a web designer. Not thrilled with this site. Hate it actually. Sorry. Just send them to the ultra professional campaign site.

Geronimo
There are youtubes of today's rally in NH on that page!

hard@work
09-29-2007, 04:41 PM
That Sam Adams quote is awesome!!!!!!!

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 04:41 PM

Do you really think it is unprofessional? I think they are just trying to pack a lot of info in to one website. That is a good thing IMHO. Everything is right there.

TechnoGuyRob
09-29-2007, 04:42 PM
It doesn't look unprofessional in the slightest. At worst it's slightly crowded yet still very well organized considering the amount of links and data. No, that's easily one of the nicest sites i've seen yet.

I'm a college student, but I've professionally (for $1500+) designed websites.

Trust me, it's not too sharp.

EDIT: A lot of info is fine. But the site completely lacks organization. It's just a page with lots of links.

Paulitician
09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Too much clutter and needs to work on design and graphics :)

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Ummmm....sorry to burst your bubble but I think it's pretty bad. It looks pretty amateur. Too "busy", too many font styles, too much crammed onto one page, slow loading, old fashioned bubble buttons, AND I got an error that crashed my internet explorer. ]

I am a web designer. Not thrilled with this site. Hate it actually. Sorry. Just send them to the ultra professional campaign site.

Sorry man, I thought it was really pretty good. I like to have all the stuff right there. It opens a persons imagination, makes them curious.

Sorry you dont like it.:(

TechnoGuyRob
09-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Looks like all the people with web design experience don't like the site, and those without it like it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, since most people don't have web design experience.

walt
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
takes forever to load

a bad experience for anyone in an office environment monday through friday where video is not appropriate. Ron Paul Library is way beter for people to scan and get first info IMHO

Bacon
09-29-2007, 04:47 PM
VERY unprofessional site. I'm a web developer/ designer as well and I think it's very sloppy and cluttered.

Go look at http://www.ronpaul2008.com http://www.dailypaul.com and http://www.ronpaulradio.com

Those are professional sites.

Question_Authority
09-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Sorry man, I thought it was really pretty good. I like to have all the stuff right there. It opens a persons imagination, makes them curious.

Sorry you dont like it.:(

White space actually makes people want to read what is written, more than "packing everything in". It is a basic concept of design.

Extreme Example: Did you ever see a full page ad in a newspaper with just one short sentence and/or small graphic in the middle of the page? All that white space MAKES you pay attention.

Now, think of a full page ad that is crammed full of small text/photos/graphics/logos. Very very easy to pass it by.

I am not saying the web site should be one tiny sentence, of course, but I am using an extreme example to showcase the concept. Maybe you do like the web site. But studies show people turn away from overwhelming amounts of information. They want it to be compartmentalized. ESPECIALLY on the internet.

No, the campaign site cannot be trumped in my view. Not sure why people keep trying.

remaxjon
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I love the site and visit it daily!

Sorry its not good enough for some of you but I think its the best site to get quick articles and youtube videos. Ronpaulforums of course is the best forum site but they are still really good over there

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
takes forever to load

a bad experience for anyone in an office environment monday through friday where video is not appropriate. Ron Paul Library is way beter for people to scan and get first info IMHO

Walt, before I posted here, the site loaded instantly with the exception of thermometer updating. I just tried it and it is going REALLY slowly?

Perry
09-29-2007, 04:53 PM

That's ok you didn't burst my bubble. You just have bad taste.:D

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
White space actually makes people want to read what is written, more than "packing everything in". It is a basic concept of design.

Extreme Example: Did you ever see a full page ad in a newspaper with just one short sentence and/or small graphic in the middle of the page? All that white space MAKES you pay attention.

Now, think of a full page ad that is crammed full of small text/photos/graphics/logos. Very very easy to pass it by.

I am not saying the web site should be one tiny sentence, of course, but I am using an extreme example to showcase the concept. Maybe you do like the web site. But studies show people turn away from overwhelming amounts of information. They want it to be compartmentalized. ESPECIALLY on the internet.

No, the campaign site cannot be trumped in my view. Not sure why people keep trying.

I am a total geek because I like to go through the classifieds. Maybe that is why I like to see so much content rather then white areas?? Just me:D

Sabin
09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
It is a resource hog.

Perry
09-29-2007, 04:55 PM
VERY unprofessional site. I'm a web developer/ designer as well and I think it's very sloppy and cluttered.

Go look at http://www.ronpaul2008.com http://www.dailypaul.com and http://www.ronpaulradio.com

Those are professional sites.

Just because you're a web developer doesn't make you the end all be all. This site happens to be very easy to read considering the sheer amount of data available. That's actually quite an accomplishment.

By the way dailypaul is amatureish and ronpaulradio is simple but plain.

speciallyblend
09-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Well I LOVE THE SITE AS A USER,its al il crowded,but to be honest as a user i love it.
My Wife is a Web Designer as well,but she did say it was crowded,but i like all the activity,it make you read and actually look. I THINK ITS FINE but you know web designers,they always think there way is the best way,keep like it is and improve;) i like and yes it crashed ie,when designing sites you must test them to make sure they are browser friendly for ie and mac.DONT WORRY ,i learned that from my wife. I know how to open my lil blue icon hehe;) AS MY WIFE SAYS NICELY<IT NEEDS SOME WORK AKA CODING AND WHATEVER ELSE SHE SAID

walt
09-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Walt, before I posted here, the site loaded instantly with the exception of thermometer updating. I just tried it and it is going REALLY slowly?

server probably can't handle traffic - but you are also making 8 zillion ip calls to youtube from the same server - hard to tell which is causing it - probably a bit of both.

What do we really need? Sites with email this to a friend features - we have to become more viral to bypass the MSM completely.

walt
09-29-2007, 05:01 PM
It is a resource hog.

yeah for a senior citizen on 56k and small memory it would be brutal.

Allan Bartlett
09-29-2007, 05:07 PM
My buddy Karl Sauzo runs the site from out here in Southern CA. We are part of the Irvine Ron Paul Meetup. It's a great resource. I'd compare it to a Matt Drudge like news aggregator site but for Ron Paul.

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

Dave Wood
09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
My buddy Karl Sauzo runs the site from out here in Southern CA. We are part of the Irvine Ron Paul Meetup. It's a great resource. I'd compare it to a Matt Drudge like news aggregator site but for Ron Paul.

http://powderbluereport.blogspot.com

Please tell Karl, I really like it! I wish I knew about it sooner! I am using firefox and dont have any issues with it but some people said it crashed their I.E. ??

richard1984
09-29-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm not a web developer/designer or anything like that, but in my opinion the page was WAY too crowded. Now, my computer isn't the greatest, but it's plenty adequate (I don't have a problem with multiple Word documents opened, half-a-dozen webpages opened (I use Internet Explorer), and music playing--well...at least not much of a problem...things move a little slower), and I have high-speed cable internet. But when I opened the webpage (with only one other browser opened) it slowed my computer way down because of the amount of stuff on the page. I just tried to close out of it, and it made my computer grind to a halt.
And I guarantee you that if it did that to me, it would do it to most people who try to go to the site (since the "average" person probably doesn't have a set-up as good as mine--especially considering all of the older voters out there (grandparents, etc.) who don't really use the computer/internet for anything but maybe emailing family; they need something way more straightforward, simple, and easy (baby-steps).) (sorry about the damn long, convoluted sentence :rolleyes:)

RP4ME
09-29-2007, 05:17 PM
WOW - I think verything is great BUT those peopel on THAT Forum are NUTS!!!!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
you will be blown away! This is the kind of website that we need to send all new people to.....just look at it!

Who is running this thing?:eek:

Sorry for dbl posting but I think it worth the harrassment:)

it's your site, huh? lol

Roxi
09-29-2007, 05:19 PM
i like the site but i think this one is WAY BETTER!!

http://www.ronpaulportal.com

The Good Doctor
09-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Yes that is my complaint too. Too laggy of a load. But they might not have a good ISP either.

takes forever to load

Question_Authority
09-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Just because you're a web developer doesn't make you the end all be all. This site happens to be very easy to read considering the sheer amount of data available. That's actually quite an accomplishment.

By the way dailypaul is amatureish and ronpaulradio is simple but plain.

Large amounts of data are useless if they are all crammed together with no way to really search for what you need. Whatever. Whoever likes it, use it.

But if you are trying to turn someone on to Ron Paul, just send to the ultra-smooth ultra professional campaign site. It has links to youtube, etc. And then they can google Ron Paul to find

I literally cringe when I visit this site.

saynotoslavery
10-04-2007, 12:46 AM
Large amounts of data are useless if they are all crammed together with no way to really search for what you need. Whatever. Whoever likes it, use it.

But if you are trying to turn someone on to Ron Paul, just send to the ultra-smooth ultra professional campaign site. It has links to youtube, etc. And then they can google Ron Paul to find

I literally cringe when I visit this site.

A little unkind in you opinions don't you think?