PDA

View Full Version : Vermont trifecta! Leahy cosponsors 604!

LittleLightShining
09-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Dear Mrs. _____:

Over the past several months, many Vermonters like you have contacted me about S. 604, the Federal Reserve Sunshine Act. In light of the overwhelming interest in this issue, I have decided to become a cosponsor of the bill.

I understand the concerns of some that disclosure of lending information could be a disincentive for banks to borrow from the Federal Reserve because it publicizes their need for an emergency loan. Still, I believe the American people deserve to know the full extent of the government's lending programs.

In addition, a Federal District Court ruled last month that the Federal Reserve must disclose documents detailing the identities of borrowers and the amounts of loans or the assets put up as collateral under 11 relief programs. I am hopeful that the Federal Reserve will comply with this court order in a timely manner.

Thank you again for contacting me about this bill. Please keep in touch.

Subscribe to Senator Patrick Leahy's periodic newsletter at the following address:

http://leahy.senate.gov/NwsLtr/indexSub.cfm

Patrick Leahy
PATRICK LEAHY
United States Senator

Subscribe to the Senator Patrick Leahy's periodic newsletter at the following address:
http://leahy.senate.gov/NwsLtr/indexSub.cfm

amy31416
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Woohoo!

LittleLightShining
09-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Woohoo!

I am so excited! I'm literally shaking. We worked so hard on this and we did it!

Stary Hickory
09-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Good job, we need more senators on board. The FEDs time has come. It will be dismatled once the dollar is in a serious crisis.

Here is the thing: Never before has almost all of America associated inflation with money printing and the FED. Now we ALL know.....when inflation hits, there are no excuses.

Bruno
09-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Awesome news!

Here is the most important part :"In light of the overwhelming interest in this issue, I have decided to become a cosponsor of the bill."

action/reaction

LittleLightShining
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
I guess the 260 petitions I dropped off on Tuesday were the tipping point. I had a discussion with his staffer while I was there. I told her that I was dissatisfied with the boilerplate reply I got from him after my initial inquiry, had called back again, was promised a follow up and never got it. I told her that I didn't want to know he would consider it when it reaches the floor. I wanted to him to co-sponsor it or explain why he would not. She was genuinely apologetic about the lack of response and promised to contact the point man in Washington. Go Allison!

I really had very little hope that he would get on board. This made my week.

kaleidoscope eyes
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/Unikisses/dance.gif

woo hoo! happy dance time!

Romulus
09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Nice job!

reagle
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
good job !

Bruno
09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
I guess the 260 petitions I dropped off on Tuesday were the tipping point. I had a discussion with his staffer while I was there. I told her that I was dissatisfied with the boilerplate reply I got from him after my initial inquiry, had called back again, was promised a follow up and never got it. I told her that I didn't want to know he would consider it when it reaches the floor. I wanted to him to co-sponsor it or explain why he would not. She was genuinely apologetic about the lack of response and promised to contact the point man in Washington. Go Allison!

I really had very little hope that he would get on board. This made my week.

Bravo, LLS! :)

Aratus
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
LLS! cooooooool!
LLS! way to go!!!
LLS! i am in awe!

LittleLightShining
09-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I really am, too. I thought he was a lost cause.

Aratus
09-18-2009, 11:12 AM
some of the folks who remember sen. george aiken
fondly sometimes are not easy to peg politically, LLS...

Matthew Zak
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
One person at a time! :D

LittleLightShining
09-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes, I heard Barbara Boxer is on now, too.

Aratus
09-18-2009, 11:31 AM
woooooooooooooooooooooooooot!
its started! once aggain its started!