PDA

View Full Version : Was Hannah Giles ACORN's "Monica Lewinsky" and a warning to Obama?

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 11:13 AM
During second term of Clinton, there was talk of him making history as the first US President to solve thorny mideast land dispute between arabs and Israel. Yasser Arafat in those days almost lived in the White House. Due to Lewinsky scndal however, Clinton ended up spending last two years of his Presidency doing nothing else.

Obama has started with even more ambitious goals than Clinton and has reportedly said that he "does not want to see a single Israeli cement mixer" on arab land. Iran war also does not seem to be on top of his list. He has many people not happy with him but among them are also hardcore neocons who would generally happily support liberal Presidents as long as they don't try to change US policy towards Israel.

This report from Obama's honeymoon days. Bush's neocon speechwriter David "axis of evil" Frum once had some soft corner for Obama but then Fox's owner had called Obama a "rock star" too just before election.

Ex-Washington insider worried about Obama on Israel

by Rick Kardonne
Wednesday, 01 April 2009

TORONTO – A Frightening Question: The Obama Administration and the Security of Israel was the title of a well-attended speech at Shaarei Shomayim last week by author, columnist and former Washington insider David Frum.
This 15th Annual Dr. Joseph Weil Memorial Lecture was a fundraiser for Canadian Friends of Laniado Hospital in Netanya.

Frum praised US President Barack Obama as “a man of remarkable gifts,” while at the same time stating his belief that “he reveals very little on what he thinks.” But when it comes to Israel, Frum declared that “Obama has less commitment to Israel than any other president except for, perhaps, Jimmy Carter.”

Frum mentioned what he believed were some positive aspects of Obama’s relatively brief political history. While still a senator from Illinois, “he gave speeches on the importance of Israel,” which enticed the Chicago-area Jewish population to view him favourably. But at the same time, as a senator, “Obama spoke on Iran much less often.”

Frum regarded Obama’s choice of Hilary Clinton as secretary of state as a positive move (even though Zionist Organization of America president Morton Klein, as quoted in the March 5 issue of the Jewish Tribune, definitely has his doubts regarding Hilary).

Countering what Frum believes are positive aspects, are what he sees as the negative aspects of the new Obama administration.

http://www.jewishtribune.ca/TribuneV2/index.php/200904011519/Ex-Washington-insider-worried-about-Obama-on-Israel.html

This courtesy of another forum member:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XDLnpGlOHFU/Slj3T24bGRI/AAAAAAAADpw/DZhMyU17hw8/s400/100_4737.JPG

David Frum on the far left, with Hannah Giles ("prostitute" in the ACORN films next to him).

Does recent history suggest that Hannah Giles scandal was ACORN's "Monica Lewinsky" and a warning to Obama?

Incidentally, lately Obama didn't say word when Natanyahoo recently defied him publicly over settlement freeze demand.

Cowlesy
09-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I cannot applaud more what Hannah and James did in taking the risk in exposing ACORN for what it is.

I imagine we'll see a lot more of Hannah after college, probably on WND or Fox News. Just a random picture of someone at an event does not a neo-con make. If you ever go to these policy events, people like Frum are always there trying to recruit you.

I know you were using Monica Lewinsky metaphorically, but I just want to be clear there is zero comparison between that disgusting Slore and this 20 yr old son of a preacher's daughter/political activist

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 11:23 AM
It's certainly matophorical.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=monica+lewinsky+scandal+israel&btnG=Search

As I said, there is marriage of various consitutents in the camp that opposes Obama policies. But question was were Israel supporters warning Obama to not go too hard on settlement issue and spend more focus on Iran war?

If you and I don't like Obama policies , we should naturally welcome anything that can bring him down but that's a seperate issue.
Clinton opponents then were not just neocons/likudnist type liberals but also included many Christian evangelicals some of whom seem to consider holy land more important than even America. Clinton impeachment lawyers committee included good moral values conservatives as well as so called flamboyant liberal leaning politician like Lindsey Graham.

angelatc
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I cannot applaud more what Hannah and James did in taking the risk in exposing ACORN for what it is.

I imagine we'll see a lot more of Hannah after college, probably on WND or Fox News. Just a random picture of someone at an event does not a neo-con make. If you ever go to these policy events, people like Frum are always there trying to recruit you.

I know you were using Monica Lewinsky metaphorically, but I just want to be clear there is zero comparison between that disgusting Slore and this 20 yr old son of a preacher's daughter/political activist

Slore. Great word.

You mean, somebody could maybe take a picture of Hannah with Don Black at some point?

Cowlesy
09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Slore. Great word.

You mean, somebody could maybe take a picture of Hannah with Don Black at some point?

Imagine that!?