PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore neocons question Beck's loyalty after he tried to go after next Obama Czar

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Hardcore neocons are suddenly questioning Beck's loyalty because he had tried to go after an Obama czar who may be a neocon's man:

Whose Side is Glenn Beck On?

September 14th, 2009 at 12:10 pm by David Frum

I have a lot of time for David Horowitz. He has written important books and a fine memoir. His organizational work on college campuses commands respect.

For those reasons, I am grieved to see that his attempted rebuttal of my post below on Glenn Beck conforms exactly to the pattern I described in my original piece.

My original piece observed:

When Glenn Beck made his Fox debut, some shrewd conservatives responded with a wink. Maybe the show was paranoid and hysterical. Maybe Beck was none too scrupulous about facts and truth. But why be squeamish? The other side did as bad, or nearly. And see how usefully he mobilized the base!

Three thoughts in reply.

First, even in Leninist terms, Beck’s attack on Sunstein was stupid and counter-productive. Every legal conservative who cares about the issues of regulation and deregulation agrees that Cass Sunstein is the very best choice for the OIRA job to be hoped from a Democratic president. Had conservative opposition somehow derailed the Sunstein nomination, President Obama’s next appointment would almost certainly have been worse – very possibly, a lot worse.

http://www.newmajority.com/whose-side-is-glenn-beck-on

Notorious neocon "axis of evil" Frum not happy with Glenn suddenly. Neocons loved Glenn as long as he was pushing their agenda and now suddenly turn on him as soon as he tries to expose next Obama czar Cass after Van Jones.

This almost wante me to support Beck if he has the guts to keep going after the next Obama czar and did not cower in to these remnants of a repugnant cabal.

Looks like the term "conservatives" was used quite loosely here.

Glenn Beck and Cass Sunstein:

Attacks on Sunstein Frustrate Conservative Fans

Admirers of Obama Nominee Say He Does Not Fit Van Jones Mold

By David Weigel 9/9/09 12:01 AM

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Sunstein1.jpg

http://washingtonindependent.com/58152/attacks-on-sunstein-frustrate-conservative-fans

catdd
09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Hardcore neocons questioning loyalty????
That's a laugh.

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Well they claim they put America first LOL

Flash
09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Well they claim they put America first LOL

Neo-Cons/Liberal-Republicans are the lowest of the low. I think, from my personal opinion, that they suffer from some sort of mental disorder. Look how emotional they are and how quick they are to accuse others of 'anti-semitism.' It shows their true liberal colors.

dannno
09-17-2009, 04:53 PM
The question is whether Beck will return to being a lapdog (likely) or will he begin to think for himself (unlikely) ?

Maverick
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
The question is whether Beck will return to being a lapdog (likely) or will he begin to think for himself (unlikely) ?

On his radio show I heard him use the terms 'libertarian,' 'Ron Paul,' 'American empire,' and 'John Stossel' practically in the same sentence.

It seems sometimes like he's come so far, and yet, tomorrow he'll find a way to get back on some neo-con talking point. He's like a different person every day.

amy31416
09-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I will be shocked if Beck isn't quickly silenced on this. If he hangs in there, I'll give him his props.

A. Havnes
09-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Why does America need czars anyway?

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I will be shocked if Beck isn't quickly silenced on this. If he hangs in there, I'll give him his props.

I will too. But I suspect he will be silenced and he will not go after Cass anymore.

Neo-Cons/Liberal-Republicans are the lowest of the low. I think, from my personal opinion, that they suffer from some sort of mental disorder. Look how emotional they are and how quick they are to accuse others of 'anti-semitism.' It shows their true liberal colors.

You not being very forgiving to these guys : -)

It's hard to imagine how a normal, rational mind could come up with such dangerously insane policies as some of these guys do. Perhaps marriage of marxist and conservative ideologies goes against nature and only breeds whacky ideas.

He has had rough life and I feel sorry for him, but there have to be better ways to make a living.

Bucjason
09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Beck is sincere, I think . After the economy collapsed, it seems like he has re-thought his stance on alot of things.

Imperial
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't like Beck going after Sunstein either. He seems like the best we're going to get, and he was actually confirmed by the Senate. Leave him in place.

Liberty Star
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Beck is sincere, I think . After the economy collapsed, it seems like he has re-thought his stance on alot of things.

If you read the OP news about Obama czar Cass, are you suggesting Bush speech writer David Frum is not being sincere?