PDA

View Full Version : Common questions and statements about Ron Paul- NEED ANSWERS TO- HELP!

fightfortruth
09-29-2007, 04:22 PM
When I go to my meetup events , there are always a few questions and statements that I hear over and over again about Ron Paul and don't neccessarily know the answer to.

How would you answer theses statements or questions:

1. If Ron Paul wants to get rid of social security and privatize healthcare, how will we take care of the elderly ,who it is too late to privately invest?

- I don't quite know how to answer that one- Have had a lot of family members ask me this(many are elderly or have medical problems and depend on social security for help). I sthere a short simple answer to this one. It is a very valid question.

2. Ron Paul will never get elected, why not use your vote for someone who will win?

I need a good remark for this one. I have people say this to me all the time, and they are not always nice.

3. I am a democrat.

I usually just tell them that I used to be a democrat until I founf out the truth of what is happening in our country and I am voting for RP.

4. He is against the war.

I need a good remark for this one.

5. Why should I vote for him?

I say a few things but would love everyones input. Maybe I could say something more meningful or a lot better than what I say.

6. Why should I care about the Patriot Act?

I have a few answers for this one but your input would be greatly appreciated.

7. Who is ron Paul? I have never heard of him.

Does anyone have a really good response to this one that would hook them in?

How do I really drive home Ron Pauls message?

Well, that is the general list. I would greatly appreciate everyone's input. I just want to do the best I can to get the word out and I know that there are some really great, poignant answers that could really stir peoples interest.
Thanks, I will be looking forward to your responses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" A patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however; the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain
:)

enter`name`here
09-29-2007, 04:31 PM
i have to go soon so i can't answer them all but this type of sentiment always annoys me:

2. Ron Paul will never get elected, why not use your vote for someone who will win?

I'd simply point out that unless it is your specific vote that could alter the outcome of the election who you vote for is practically meaningless in terms of who will be the next president. For me the point of voting isn't to choose our next leader but to make a statement, which is why I always vote for who represents my views the best.

Who cares if the person I vote for ultimately wins, its not like you get a free cookie for picking 'right'.

Question_Authority
09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
1. If Ron Paul wants to get rid of social security and privatize healthcare, how will we take care of the elderly ,who it is too late to privately invest?
3. I am a democrat.
:)

1. Ron Paul has said many times that he would not rip away medicare or SS from anyone who is already dependent on it. He has also said that changing these programs is near the bottom of the list for him since ending the $1 trillion in foreign spending would relieve financial problems at home and would also keep him busy for quite a while.

2. I would say "are you a sheep or a citizen?". It is time to stop rewarding the elites and start showing them we want real change.

3. I like your answer. It is similar to the "feel, felt, found" concept used in sales. Say "I know how you FEEL, I FELT the same way, until I FOUND OUT that.....etc etc".

4. He is against this unjust war, yes, AND he has excellent ideas for how to actually protect this country without stretching our military to the max and draining our treasury. (Of course there are so many reasons to be against this war. If someone is really into this war, it is almost impossible to convert them IMO)

5. He is the champion of the Constitution and will restore our freedoms, restore the Republic and restore America to the glory envisioned by our founding fathers. (oooh, I just came up with that. Pretty good, if I do say so myself)

6. The Patriot Act tramples the Consitution and erodes our rights as American citizens. And it does not make us safer. It only leads to harassment of good citizens.

7. I would use the same line as #5 answer.

Thanks for making me think!

Ron Paul Fan
09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Just to add to the above poster, for #3 tell them about how the top three Democratic candidates(Clinton, Edwards, and Obama) could not even commit to getting all of the troops out of Iraq by 2013. They aren't serious about ending the war, and two of them voted for it! And to add to #5, tell them about his traditional Republican positions of cutting spending, cutting taxes(abolish IRS), pro life, has the best record on protecting the 2nd amendment and has been consistent on those positions for 20 years in Congress.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:01 PM

- I don't quite know how to answer that one- Have had a lot of family members ask me this(many are elderly or have medical problems and depend on social security for help). I sthere a short simple answer to this one. It is a very valid question.

He would not change it overnight. People who have become dependent on social security would need to be still taken care of. What he proposes is that young people be given an option of whether or not to participate in social security or invest it on their own. He would start the wheels turning in the opposite direction, gradually dismantling the welfare state over a long period of time, after all, it took us over 80 years to get where we are today. So retiree's will not have to worry about Ron Paul canceling their only source of income.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM

I need a good remark for this one. I have people say this to me all the time, and they are not always nice.

This has been discussed on this forum before, check out the search function for other answers. My personal answer to this is to state that the Republican party is in severe decline due to the unpopularity of Bush/Cheney and the Iraq War. Look at the Iowa Straw Poll - there was a very large drop in voters who attended and voted. In the Texas Straw Poll there were 17,000+ eligible delegates, but only 1,300 bothered to cast a vote. Local Republican Party functions are sorely lacking in attendance. In this kind of environment, a motivated grassroots campaign like Ron Paul's can easily win because we are motivated to get out and vote. Typical turnout for presidential primaries in Texas is only in the teens percentage-wise. Ron Paul can easily win!
The other angle to take is that Ron Paul is the only one who can beat Hillary. Ron Paul is the only Republican who is against the war. Nominating any other Republican puts Hillary in the White House and that is a scary thought.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:11 PM
3. I am a democrat.

I usually just tell them that I used to be a democrat until I founf out the truth of what is happening in our country and I am voting for RP.

You'll need to switch parties to vote in the Republican Primary. Here's the form. :D
I usually ask them, "Would you vote for the better person for the job, or the one who had the right label?" It won't hurt you to check out Ron Paul's stands on the issues. A lot of people are sick and tired of both Republicans and Democrats - it seems we the people just keeping losing no matter who's in charge. Ron Paul is the only candidate who supports the Constitution like the founding fathers intended. Check him out, maybe you might agree with him more than you do the Democrat. There are a good number of Democrats and Independents who are supporting him.

dude58677
09-29-2007, 05:20 PM
1. Tell them that Ron Paul wants to abolish the Federal reserve and put us back on the gold standard. Purchasing power on EVERYTHING(including health care) has weakened because too much money has been printed.

2. Ron Paul has raised a million dollars from individual donors in less than a week.

5. You either want to live in a 1776 America or you don't. Now is your only chance.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:24 PM

I need a good remark for this one.

There are 3 angles I take on this answer

1. He's about the only one who recognizes how wrong the war in Iraq is for America.
There were two objectives stated for the war in Iraq -
a. Topple Saddham Hussein's government.
b. Eliminate the weapons of mass destruction.
As Bush has already said, "Mission Accomplished!" Why are we still there?

2. For people who have been fooled into thinking the war in Iraq is in response to the 9/11 attack.
Our own government (CIA & 911 Commission) have stated that they have found no links between Iraq and the 9/11 attacks. If it's not about the 9/11 attacks, then why are we there?

3. For the sorry people who would trade their freedom for security -
We have to borrow $2.5 Billion EACH AND EVERY DAY from Communist China to keep fighting this war. Is it worth ruining the financial health and security of your children and grandchildren so that you can "feel" safe?

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM

I say a few things but would love everyones input. Maybe I could say something more meningful or a lot better than what I say.

I ask, "What do you think is the most important issue that you want the next President to address?"

Then based on their response, tell them Ron Paul's position.

Remember, the reason that *YOU* like Ron Paul for President will probably not be the same reason that someone you are trying to convince about Ron Paul. Let them tell you what their hot button issue is and then show them how Ron Paul stands on the issue.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:42 PM

I have a few answers for this one but your input would be greatly appreciated.

We the people are endowed with rights from our Creator. We then gave a very limited set of rights to the federal government in the Constitution. In passing the Patriot Act, the federal government has exceeded the powers that we allow them to have. We the people need to act immediately or we face losing our rights permanently to an increasingly power-hungry federal government.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 05:51 PM

Does anyone have a really good response to this one that would hook them in?

How do I really drive home Ron Pauls message?

"Ron Paul is our next President. What do you think is the most important thing for him to tackle?" Then like my response for #5, tell them Ron Paul's position is for their hot button issue.

I usually ask them, "Why doesn't the media want you to hear about him? Why are they pushing the "top-tier" candidates on you? Do they have an agenda? Maybe you should do some independent research and make your own mind up!"