PDA

View Full Version : 25% off at borders - go buy RP's book

brandon
09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
If you have a borders card you probably got an email today with a 25% off coupon in it. It's good for like 2 days or something.

Perfect timing, cause End The Fed just came out today. Just a heads up...

Vessol
09-16-2009, 05:14 PM
already bought 3 copies

I had to buy them online, the book store here didn't carry it :\.

thanks though

brandon
09-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Just got back from borders and they don't even have it in stock. :mad:

You would think that when an author's previous book was a #1 NYT bestseller for like 6 weeks they would at least get a couple copies of his next book. :confused:

KCIndy
09-17-2009, 06:47 AM
Just got back from borders and they don't even have it in stock. :mad:

You would think that when an author's previous book was a #1 NYT bestseller for like 6 weeks they would at least get a couple copies of his next book. :confused:

I am NOT a fan of Amazon.com, but unfortunately that's one of the most watched "top ten" lists in the nation.

Right now, End The Fed is selling for $12.09 as I write this, (45% off list) and $25 or more on the order gets you free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/0446549193/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1253191302&sr=1-1

Right now, End the Fed is #7 overall. Let's get it to number one!! :D

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,

After reading "End the Fed" I am feeling very inspired to take action.

The vast wealth of knowledge in that little book needs to be shared with as many people as possible.

I am planning a "book drive" next month to give copies away to people in the city of syracuse... let's start with people on the streets, and at Syracuse University...and then maybe we'll consider getting copies for our we're-not-exactly-sure-if-they-know-how-to-read politicians.

Please donate a few copies (new or gently used) of End the Fed for the October 31st book drive!

The current goal is 750 copies. Be reminded that this will also help Dr. Paul's standings on amazon and NYT if we keep buying copies for various book drives!

If this works out, I will help plan another book drive for Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo in November and December. But then I'll need more copies of the book!

I know you guys have extra copies...or you will once you finish reading... So please lend a hand and help get this book into heavy circulation!!

End the Fed!!

-David Andrew Gay, Sr.

David Gay
112 Rosewood St
Syracuse, NY

KCIndy
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,

After reading "End the Fed" I am feeling very inspired to take action.

The vast wealth of knowledge in that little book needs to be shared with as many people as possible.

I am planning a "book drive" next month to give copies away to people in the city of syracuse... let's start with people on the streets, and at Syracuse University...and then maybe we'll consider getting copies for our we're-not-exactly-sure-if-they-know-how-to-read politicians.

Please donate a few copies (new or gently used) of End the Fed for the October 31st book drive!

The current goal is 750 copies. Be reminded that this will also help Dr. Paul's standings on amazon and NYT if we keep buying copies for various book drives!

If this works out, I will help plan another book drive for Albany, Rochester, and Buffalo in November and December. But then I'll need more copies of the book!

I know you guys have extra copies...or you will once you finish reading... So please lend a hand and help get this book into heavy circulation!!

End the Fed!!

-David Andrew Gay, Sr.

David Gay
112 Rosewood St
Syracuse, NY

Wow!

May I offer two suggestions:

1.) Your book drive needs a thread of it's own. It's a worthy cause, but it won't get very much traction being buried in this thread.

2.) Given the relative cost of the book, I would implore you to be very selective when passing out copies. If you're just standing on a street corner or in a shopping mall asking passersby, "Want a free book? Want a free book?" you'll find that almost everyone will take a copy, but almost no one will read the copy. You're likely to walk around the nearest corner and find them discarded like used chewing gum wrappers.

You might consider going to the Campaign for Liberty web site and download the PDFs for some "Audit the Fed" slim jims and handouts:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/handouts.php#slimjims
You could get them printed professionally at your local print shop for a nominal fee (it pays to call around and get quotes) and you could pass these out to the majority of people. If/when someone expresses real interest, *then* trot out a copy of the book and say something like, "I can't afford to give these out to just anyone, but since you really appear interested..." The great psychology behind this is that the recipient of the book will feel special - elite - and probably take an even greater interest in the book than he/she would otherwise have done.

It's a great idea - and I would urge you to start a separate thread to see if you could glean some copies from the folks around here. I believe quite a few people, myself included, ordered extra copies. I'll send you my extra. Hell, I'll order a couple from Amazon and have 'em sent to you if you're really serious about this!

Good luck! :)

David A. Gay, Sr.
09-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Excellent!! The first couple donations to the cause!!

I'm considering school students as my targets... mostly college. there are quite a few colleges in my area... Syracuse University, Cornell, SUNY Oswego just to name a couple. Then there's RIT, and Buffalo of course.

But yeah...I'm serious! can you help me gain support for this idea?

It doesn't matter which part of the country people wake up in...just that they all wake up!! Please help!