PDA

View Full Version : For Some Reason Washington, D.C. Has The Most Wealthy People

clb09
09-16-2009, 02:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090916/lf_nm_life/us_wealth_young

Mancini believes part of the appeal of the Washington area is jobs in both the private and public sector. It also has strong education and healthcare institutions, a moderate climate and easy access to recreational facilities.

Washington, D.C. has become the favorite area for wealthy young adults, with the nation's highest percentage of 25-34 year-olds making more than $100,000 a year, according to a new analysis.

Sixteen of the top 50 counties in the United States with the highest share of wealthy young people are in the Washington, D.C. area.

sirgonzo420
09-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Also, D.C. has higher trace amounts of cocaine on FRNs than anywhere else in the country.

paulitics
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM
In other words DC has the highest amount of corruption in the country.

fisharmor
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM
I work in Fairfax County, VA, right next door.
I believe it's the #1 county in the nation for average income.
There is zero industry in the area. There are a couple large IT firms like AOL, Computer Associates, and a branch for AT&T, Oracle, etc.
But other than software, absolutely nothing is made in this county.
It's a giant money pit.

Seriously, I can't even think of an HVAC contractor based in Fairfax County.

Epic
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
DC is rich cause government is there. end of story.

Primbs
09-16-2009, 02:25 PM
There are two neiman marcus stores in the area, with one of them being the highest grossing store in the entire chain. I would have thought Beverly Hills, New York City or Dallas would have had the biggest selling store.