PDA

View Full Version : Senate's anti-semitism bill

YumYum
09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Is anyone aware of the anti-semitism bill that passed as a resolution (S.CON.RES.11) by the Senate, and sent to the House and to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs on July 21, 2009 as (CR S7720-7721)? What constitutes "anti-semitism" and what is the punishment? Also, who did the Senate appoint to monitor our privacy, thus uncovering anti-semites?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:1:./temp/~bdfF9p::

P.S. For all of you who may be wondering if I am anti-semitic; I love Israel!!! (I do believe in spooks...I do..I do..I do!!!!):eek:

http://www.weirdload.com/art/lion.jpg

sirgonzo420
09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Is anyone aware of the anti-semitism bill that passed as a resolution (S.CON.RES.11) by the Senate, and sent to the House and to the House Committee on Foreign Affairs on July 21, 2009 as (CR S7720-7721)? What constitutes "anti-semitism" and what is the punishment? Also, who did the Senate appoint to monitor our privacy, thus uncovering anti-semites?

P.S. For all of you who may be wondering if I am anti-semitic; I love Israel!!! (I do believe in spooks...I do..I do..I do!!!!):eek:

Against the Federal Reserve?

Must be an anti-semite.

BTW - being on a "ron paul forum" automatically makes one an "anti-semite". Even the jews on here.

stu2002
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Criminalizing criticism of Israel is the end of free speech
By Paul Craig Roberts
Online Journal Contributing Writer

May 8, 2009, 00:22

On October 16, 2004, President George W. Bush signed the Israel Lobby’s bill, the Global Anti-Semitism Review Act. This legislation requires the US Department of State to monitor anti-Semitism worldwide.

To monitor anti-Semitism, it has to be defined. What is the definition? Basically, as defined by the Israel Lobby and Abe Foxman, it boils down to any criticism of Israel or Jews.

Rahm Israel Emanuel hasn’t been mopping floors at the White House. As soon as he gets the Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009 passed, it will become a crime for any American to tell the truth about Israel’s treatment of Palestinians and theft of their lands.

It will be a crime for Christians to acknowledge the New Testament’s account of Jews demanding the crucifixion of Jesus.

It will be a crime to report the extraordinary influence of the Israel Lobby on the White House and Congress, such as the AIPAC-written resolutions praising Israel for its war crimes against the Palestinians in Gaza that were endorsed by 100 percent of the US Senate and 99 per cent of the House of Representatives, while the rest of the world condemned Israel for its barbarity.

It will be a crime to doubt the Holocaust.

It will become a crime to note the disproportionate representation of Jews in the media, finance, and foreign policy.

In other words, it means the end of free speech, free inquiry, and the First Amendment to the Constitution. Any facts or truths that cast aspersion upon Israel will simply be banned.

Given the hubris of the US government, which leads Washington to apply US law to every country and organization, what will happen to the International Red Cross, the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, and the various human rights organizations that have demanded investigations of Israel’s military assault on Gaza’s civilian population? Will they all be arrested for the hate crime of “excessive” criticism of Israel?

This is a serious question.

A recent UN report, which is yet to be released in its entirety, blames Israel for the deaths and injuries that occurred within the United Nations premises in Gaza. The Israeli government has responded by charging that the UN report is “tendentious, patently biased,” which puts the UN report into the State Department’s category of excessive criticism and strong anti-Israel sentiment.

Israel is getting away with its blatant use of the American government to silence its critics despite the fact that the Israeli press and Israeli soldiers have exposed the Israeli atrocities in Gaza and the premeditated murder of women and children urged upon the Israeli invaders by rabbis. These acts are clearly war crimes.

It was the Israeli press that published the pictures of the Israeli soldiers’ T-shirts that indicate that the willful murder of women and children is now the culture of the Israeli army. The T-shirts are horrific expressions of barbarity. For example, one shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a crosshairs over her stomach and the slogan, “One shot, two kills.” These T-shirts are an indication that Israel’s policy toward the Palestinians is one of extermination.

It has been true for years that the most potent criticism of Israel’s mistreatment of the Palestinians comes from the Israeli press and Israeli peace groups. For example, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz and Jeff Halper of ICAHD have shown a moral conscience that apparently does not exist in the Western democracies where Israel’s crimes are covered up and even praised.

Will the American hate crime bill be applied to Haaretz and Jeff Halper? Will American commentators who say nothing themselves but simply report what Haaretz and Halper have said be arrested for “spreading hatred of Israel, an anti-Semitic act”?

Many Americans have been brainwashed by the propaganda that Palestinians are terrorists who threaten innocent Israel. These Americans will see the censorship as merely part of the necessary war on terror. They will accept the demonization of fellow citizens who report unpalatable facts about Israel and agree that such people should be punished for aiding and abetting terrorists.

A massive push is underway to criminalize criticism of Israel. American university professors have fallen victim to the well organized attempt to eliminate all criticism of Israel. Norman Finkelstein was denied tenure at a Catholic university because of the power of the Israel Lobby. Now the Israel Lobby is after University of California (at Santa Barbara,) Professor Wiliam Robinson. Robinson’s crime: his course on global affairs included some reading assignments critical of Israel’s invasion of Gaza.

The Israel Lobby apparently succeeded in convincing the Obama Justice [sic] Department that it is anti-Semitic to accuse two Jewish AIPAC officials, Steven Rosen and Keith Weissman, of spying. The Israel Lobby succeeded in getting their trial delayed for four years, and now Attorney General Eric Holder has dropped charges. Yet, Larry Franklin, the Department of Defense official accused of giving secret material to Rosen and Weissman, is serving 12 years and 7 months in prison.

The absurdity is extraordinary. The two Israeli agents are not guilty of receiving secrets, but the American official is guilty of giving secrets to them! If there is no spy in the story, how was Franklin convicted of giving secrets to a spy?

Criminalizing criticism of Israel destroys any hope of America having an independent foreign policy in the Middle East that serves American rather than Israeli interests. It eliminates any prospect of Americans escaping from their enculturation with Israeli propaganda.

To keep American minds captive, the Lobby is working to ban as anti-Semitic any truth or disagreeable fact that pertains to Israel. It is permissible to criticize every other country in the world, but it is anti-Semitic to criticize Israel, and anti-Semitism will soon be a universal hate-crime in the Western world.

Most of Europe has already criminalized doubting the Holocaust. It is a crime even to confirm that it happened but to conclude that fewer than 6 million Jews were murdered.

Why is the Holocaust a subject that is off limits to examination? How could a case buttressed by hard facts possibly be endangered by kooks and anti-Semitics? Surely the case doesn’t need to be protected by thought control.

Imprisoning people for doubts is the antithesis of modernity.
Paul Craig Roberts [email him] was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during President Reagan’s first term. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal. He has held numerous academic appointments, including the William E. Simon Chair, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Georgetown University, and Senior Research Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University. He was awarded the Legion of Honor by French President Francois Mitterrand. He is the author of Supply-Side Revolution : An Insider’s Account of Policymaking in Washington; Alienation and the Soviet Economy and Meltdown: Inside the Soviet Economy, and is the co-author with Lawrence M. Stratton of The Tyranny of Good Intentions : How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice. Click here for Peter Brimelow’s Forbes Magazine interview with Roberts about the recent epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct.

Copyright © 1998-2007 Online Journal
Email Online Journal Editor

YumYum
09-16-2009, 02:15 PM
stu2002,

Thank you for sharing that informative article. If our freedom of speech is being taken away from us by AIPAC, then the only hope we have at this point is that our dollar collapses; the current politicians in DC flee the country (hopefully move to Israel), and after the mayhem subsides, Americans "start fresh" with honest leaders like Ron Paul. I am not a "doomsdayer", but I believe we are doomed!

Bruno
09-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Interesting first post

YumYum
09-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Interesting first post

stu2002
09-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Removed

amy31416
09-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, but just to let you know--having a first post on a racial issue (or one perpetrating violence along with other things) generally gets the attention of the mods, and not in a good way.

That said, thanks for calling attention to this. I had absolutely no idea--imagine if they had a bill outlawing criticism of Muslims, praising Ahmedinejad and condemning Netanyahu. People would go apeshit, and every last Senator that co-sponsored and voted for that would be thrown out of office.

The text of the bill is appalling. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=sc111-11

YumYum
09-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, but just to let you know--having a first post on a racial issue (or one perpetrating violence along with other things) generally gets the attention of the mods, and not in a good way.

That said, thanks for calling attention to this. I had absolutely no idea--imagine if they had a bill outlawing criticism of Muslims, praising Ahmedinejad and condemning Netanyahu. People would go apeshit, and every last Senator that co-sponsored and voted for that would be thrown out of office.

The text of the bill is appalling. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=sc111-11

Amy, Thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I didn't post this as a racial issue, but as an issue of free speech. I abhor hate, period. We have too much of it in this country. But I believe in the Constitution and the First Amendment, and this bill violates the First Amendment.

amy31416
09-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Amy, Thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I didn't post this as a racial issue, but as an issue of free speech. I abhor hate, period. We have too much of it in this country. But I believe in the Constitution and the First Amendment, and this bill violates the First Amendment.

Agreed 100%.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you haven't been lurking for long. So how'd you find us?

YumYum
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Agreed 100%.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you haven't been lurking for long. So how'd you find us?

I was a Liberal/Leftist/Democrat before seeing Ron Paul in the Presidential nomination debates. 5 minutes into watching him I was hooked. I campaigned for him and helped organized a Tea Party during his Presidential run. I love his positive message and his style of debate by addressing the issues and not attacking the individual. I have been part of C4L for a while and I discovered this site through Rand Paul's September 23rd money bomb. I look forward to participating on this forum.

amy31416
09-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I was a Liberal/Leftist/Democrat before seeing Ron Paul in the Presidential nomination debates. 5 minutes into watching him I was hooked. I campaigned for him and helped organized a Tea Party during his Presidential run. I love his positive message and his style of debate by addressing the issues and not attacking the individual. I have been part of C4L for a while and I discovered this site through Rand Paul's September 23rd money bomb. I look forward to participating on this forum.

Very cool! You're a "new old-timer" then if you've been with C4L for a while. Once again, welcome.

Okay, back to the topic. If this bill passes, can Obama be prosecuted as an anti-semite for supporting a 2-state solution and sending George Mitchell to negotiate?

I'm also curious as to whether we'll have to genetically test people to see if they're really semites. And what happens when the Palestinians are tested and it's found that they're more semitic than many Jews?

So many questions.

Dunedain
09-16-2009, 03:32 PM
In communist Russia - antisemitism (criticism of Jews) was punishable by death. And criticize the government for killing jews was antisemitic.

However, it usually only takes invoking the word "antisemite!" to cause American's to fallto their knees and swear their allegiance and belief in the supremacy of Jews. So until Americans grow a spine probably no need for harsher measures.

Now that we have the communist social engineers here in the U.S. I'm surprised that criticism of Jews is not at least a prison sentence (like in Canada, Ireland, and many other nations that are run by communists). I suppose there is always tomorrow for them to try.

catdd
09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
stu2002,

Thank you for sharing that informative article. If our freedom of speech is being taken away from us by AIPAC, then the only hope we have at this point is that our dollar collapses; the current politicians in DC flee the country (hopefully move to Israel), and after the mayhem subsides, Americans "start fresh" with honest leaders like Ron Paul. I am not a "doomsdayer", but I believe we are doomed!

There is no doubt that we are doomed. I'm even afraid to speak honestly on this subject in RPFs these days.
It can be done but you feel as though you are walking through a mine field - one false step and the politically correct police will pop up to call you a bigot and a racist or a collectivist and anti-semite.
I realize we have to be civil but we have to discuss these things and try to stop this downhill slide.

YumYum
09-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Very cool! You're a "new old-timer" then if you've been with C4L for a while. Once again, welcome.

Okay, back to the topic. If this bill passes, can Obama be prosecuted as an anti-semite for supporting a 2-state solution and sending George Mitchell to negotiate?

I'm also curious as to whether we'll have to genetically test people to see if they're really semites. And what happens when the Palestinians are tested and it's found that they're more semitic than many Jews?

So many questions.

Obama has Rahm Emanuel by his side; I don't think he is an enemy of the Israeli hardliners. What I do suspect is that Obama's call for an end to the settlements in occupied territory, and his support of a two-state solution is a “head fake”. He is putting on an air of standing up to Israel so that when Israel attacks Iran; colonizes the Palestinians and unifies Jerusalem under Israeli rule, he can’t be accused of pandering to the Israel Lobby.

As to what determines a “Semite”, I don’t know. Even more disturbing is what will be viewed as “anti-Semitic”? Will Americans have to do a minimum of five years in prison for being accused of anti-Semitism, just like the German government does to Germans in Germany? If we can’t criticize Israel’s actions (when those actions can harm the U.S.) without fear of prison, then we are living in a Soviet type state; living in fear of what we say and do. There is nothing that AIPAC is doing that is illegal, in my view, but I think they have a stranglehold on our Congress, and promote policies, which are not in the interest of the U.S. and its citizens

Romulus
09-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Whereas in 2004, Congress passed the Global Anti-Semitism Review Act (Public Law 108-332), which established an Office to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, headed by a Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism;

From the Bill.... do we already have this and its called the SPLC or the ADL or is it a proposition to federally fund those now?

Welcome YumYum

catdd
09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
The SPLC and ADL have been around for a long time so it must a prop to fund them.
Ironically the ADL was conceived in 1913 the same year as the Federal Reserve and Federal income tax. It was a package deal.
Pretty fishy, huh?

YumYum
09-16-2009, 04:32 PM
In communist Russia - antisemitism (criticism of Jews) was punishable by death. And criticize the government for killing jews was antisemitic.

However, it usually only takes invoking the word "antisemite!" to cause American's to fallto their knees and swear their allegiance and belief in the supremacy of Jews. So until Americans grow a spine probably no need for harsher measures.

Now that we have the communist social engineers here in the U.S. I'm surprised that criticism of Jews is not at least a prison sentence (like in Canada, Ireland, and many other nations that are run by communists). I suppose there is always tomorrow for them to try.

That is an interesting point. Stalin had members of the Kremlin that were Jewish that worked side by side with him such as Molotov. He would not tolerate attacks against Jews; recognizing the racial diversity of the Soviet Union. He cast the first vote in support of the state of Israel in the UN. Because he had been good to the Jews and the Zionist in the pursuit of Israel, he firmly believed that Israel would be a communist state in alliance with the Soviet Union. However he was wrong, and Israel aligned them selves with the United States, thus infuriating Stalin to the point that he tried annihilating the Jews in the Soviet Union. The Jews in the Soviet Union were saved by his death. Do Americans have to live under the same fear that the Soviet Jews lived under Stalin?

sirgonzo420
09-16-2009, 05:21 PM

It's kinda funny how many communists are jews....

YumYum
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
There is no doubt that we are doomed. I'm even afraid to speak honestly on this subject in RPFs these days.
It can be done but you feel as though you are walking through a mine field - one false step and the politically correct police will pop up to call you a bigot and a racist or a collectivist and anti-semite.
I realize we have to be civil but we have to discuss these things and try to stop this downhill slide.

You're right; according to the book "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy” by John J. Mearsheimer (A Professor of Political Science at University of Chicago) and Stephen M. Walt (Professor of International Affairs at Harvard) states: "The charge of anti-Semitism is one of the most powerful epithets one can level at someone in America, and no respectable person wants to be tarred with that brush. Undoubtedly, the fear of being called an anti-Semite discourages many individuals from voicing reservations about Israel's conduct or the merits of U.S. support." P. 191

catdd
09-16-2009, 07:27 PM
People have to realize the seriousness of the topic you have posed here. As far as I am concerned there are only two important issues for us to face and fight - this one and getting HR1207 passed.
Some how, some way, this spell that has made us subservient to Israel and it's lobbies has to broken.

BlackTerrel
09-16-2009, 07:46 PM

There is not a bill outlawing criticism of Jews though is there? If there were a number of posters on this board would be under arrest.

amy31416
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
There is not a bill outlawing criticism of Jews though is there? If there were a number of posters on this board would be under arrest.

Did you read the text of the bill? I posted a link to it.

YumYum
09-16-2009, 09:55 PM
People have to realize the seriousness of the topic you have posed here. As far as I am concerned there are only two important issues for us to face and fight - this one and getting HR1207 passed.
Some how, some way, this spell that has made us subservient to Israel and it's lobbies has to broken.

I agree, catdd. Special interests and lobbyists have ruined our federal government. Lobbying interests should be outlawed. A person cannot lobby a Supreme Court Justice; he/she would go to prison. The Supreme Court only interprets the law; it doesn't make the laws. And yet anyone can bribe and blackmail our Legislative Branch (which makes the laws) and Executive Branch (which enforces the laws) of government and not be punished. Is the function of interpreting the law more sacred than making law? If not outlawed, lobbying should be transparent; no “behind closed doors” activity, so that the American people can see how these special interests groups operate. I highly recommend the book “The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy”. It cites the reasons the Israel Lobby is so powerful and whom it is comprised of. It also gives the solutions of how we should deal with this powerful lobby: by engaging in meaningful, uninhibited discussion about America’s interest verses Israeli interest. The two are not always in harmony. This discussion can be done without anti-Semitic tirades.

unconsious767
09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Against the Federal Reserve?

Must be an anti-semite.

BTW - being on a "ron paul forum" automatically makes one an "anti-semite". Even the jews on here.

Quite so, or even worse a 'self hating jew'. Yep, that's me :p

Cue elikatz in 3... 2... ?

Romulus
09-17-2009, 09:28 AM
This discussion can be done without anti-Semitic tirades.

absolutely. It's not about race or religion, it's about another countries undo influence control on ours and its treasonous. But the media somehow makes it taboo to discuss.

what would we say if China has their influence here? Russia? We'd call them out.

catdd
09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
absolutely. It's not about race or religion, it's about another countries undo influence control on ours and its treasonous. But the media somehow makes it taboo to discuss.

what would we say if China has their influence here? Russia? We'd call them out.

But they don't have things fixed so that you will be smeared the way the Israel lobby does. Take these Senators for instance: they know fully well that they will be replaced in the next election if they do not pass this bill. If they value their job they will pass it.
What is the difference between the white kid who wouldn't fight back on the school bus and these Senators?

Romulus
09-17-2009, 09:41 AM
The white kid wasn't being paid to take the punches?

catdd
09-17-2009, 09:45 AM
The white kid wasn't being paid to take the punches?

They are both intimidated by minorities and afraid to fight back. I think the kid on the bus was more afraid of being a "bad person" than he was of the beating.

Romulus
09-17-2009, 10:00 AM
I think he was more afraid of being attacked by 5 guys if the fought back vs one.

Thats how it was in my school anyway.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
I do not think people realize the seriousness of the topic either.

Let's just look at word definitions on their face:

Semetic Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semitic

Why is antisemitism only ever defined as prejudice or hostility towards jews?

Why aren't jews included in the United States census along with all other races/ethnic groups?

Can't even objectively talk about the power of jewish lobbies in this country without some ahole asserting you are a criminal anti-semetic.

catdd
09-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Why also doesn't anyone discuss the fact that the Palestinians are true Semites while the Jewish population is only around 15% true Semite? And look at the way Israel treats them.
They must be the worst anti-semites in the world. Perhaps it is jealousy that drives them.
Most of the old school Jews are strict anti-zionists; they remember the days when the Israelis and Palestinians shared the land and lived in peace together.

yokna7
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Why also doesn't anyone discuss the fact that the Palestinians are true Semites while the Jewish population is only around 15% true Semite? And look at the way Israel treats them.
They must be the worst anti-semites in the world.
Most of the old school Jews are strict anti-zionists; they remember the days when the Israelis and Palestinians shared the land and lived in peace together.

Agreed. This bill is vulgar, the text of the bill discusses Israel, not just anti-semitism. It reads "Whereas, interspersed with expressions of legitimate criticism of Israeli policy and actions.." - I think any future legitimate criticism of Israel will be associated with anti-semitism.

Romulus
09-17-2009, 10:43 AM
of course, just as the same way you call obama a socialist, youre a racist.

if you criticize Israel you are an anti-Semite.

Its the race card, only this bill makes criticism of a foreign country a hate crime.

Deborah K
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM

http://www.weirdload.com/art/lion.jpg

Concurrent resolutions have no teeth.

YumYum
09-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Concurrent resolutions have no teeth.

Thats nice, but what will keep it from becoming a joint resolution? Lets see what the House does with it.

BlackTerrel
09-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Did you read the text of the bill? I posted a link to it.

Yeah I did. Where does it say it's illegal to criticize Jews? Why is Max still a free man?

amy31416
09-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah I did. Where does it say it's illegal to criticize Jews? Why is Max still a free man?

If you're specifically looking for the word "illegal," you won't find it. What you will find is "condemn."

What does condemn mean to you when it has the possible force of the government behind it?

What if there were a bill to condemn criticism of the Klan? What if there were a bill to condemn criticism of Iran? China? Would you be so blase about it?

My understanding of the 1st Amendment might be different from yours. In my world, we are supposed to understand that freedom of speech protects all Americans, even Klansmen, scumbags, rednecks, Christians, Buddhists, gays, straights, Muslims, Jews, Indians, soccer moms and everyone else.

What fucking business does our government have in "condemning" anything we say when the 1st Amendment is crystal fucking clear?

catdd
09-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Well it just sounds like common neurosis to me.

You would have to have an extremely guilty conscious to be THAT sensitive of criticism.

BlackTerrel
09-17-2009, 09:13 PM
If you're specifically looking for the word "illegal," you won't find it. What you will find is "condemn."

What does condemn mean to you when it has the possible force of the government behind it?

I imagine it means condemn. If it were illegal, Max would be in jail

My understanding of the 1st Amendment might be different from yours. In my world, we are supposed to understand that freedom of speech protects all Americans, even Klansmen, scumbags, rednecks, Christians, Buddhists, gays, straights, Muslims, Jews, Indians, soccer moms and everyone else.

The 1st ammendment means you have the right to say whatever you want. It doesn't mean that you can't be called out for it.

What fucking business does our government have in "condemning" anything we say when the 1st Amendment is crystal fucking clear?

Look I could give a shit about this bill. But I'm not going to shudder in fear that "the Zionists" are out to get me.

YumYum
09-17-2009, 09:19 PM
I imagine it means condemn. If it were illegal, Max would be in jail

The 1st ammendment means you have the right to say whatever you want. It doesn't mean that you can't be called out for it.

Look I could give a shit about this bill. But I'm not going to shudder in fear that "the Zionists" are out to get me.

Really? Tell that to the Germans who are doing five years in prison in Germany for speaking out against Zionists.

BlackTerrel
09-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Really? Tell that to the Germans who are doing five years in prison in Germany for speaking out against Zionists.

What does Germany have to do with this thread? You want to waste your time worry about neo-Nazi's in German prisons go ahead. Personally I'm focused on the United States.

We're talking about the US and the anti-semitism bill. Considering you were the OP and it was your first ever post on this forum you should remember that.

catdd
09-18-2009, 07:18 AM
You were doubting whether this bill should be taken seriously and she gave Germany as an example.

BlackTerrel
09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
You were doubting whether this bill should be taken seriously and she gave Germany as an example.

Well I think in Germany the laws on the book actually say it is illegal to promote racial hatred. Holocaust denial falls under that category, so does saying "black people are evil" or "eskimoes have funny looking hats". It's not hidden, that's the law and everyone knows it's the law. It's a dumb law, but so is the law in Singapore against chewing gum - but to each their own.

This bill is not even close to the same thing. If it was the same thing then David Duke, and Pat Buchanan, and RPF member Max would be in jail - they aren't.

So why are people claiming this bill is something that it is not.

YumYum
09-18-2009, 02:37 PM
: "So why are people claiming this bill is something that it is not."

Deborah pointed out that it is not a joint resolution, but a concurrent resolution, which "has no teeth". Why do I claim it is something that it is not? I don't. That is why I posted questions to the members of this forum to find out further information. But, as I stated on another post, my professor at my University told my class that the government is sponsoring Jewish groups to monitor anti-Semitic dialogue on the Internet in a secret program called "Know Thy Enemy". In 2002, Senator Diane Feinstein, introduced a bill that would make anti-Semitism in any form a crime. This was in response to the Democrat's slogan "America First"; the Democrats felt Israel was violating the Palestinian's human rights. Bush told her: "Not now, we will pass that bill later", and she shelved it. I am satisfied that this is not a law to be enforced. But if you would read "The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy", you would see that it is feasible that an anti-Semitic law could be passed in this country similar to what they have in Germany.

Lois
09-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for posting the article by Paul Craig, but please in future provide Links to Articles.

Thanks.

http://onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_4679.shtml

Lois
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Also, I couldn't get the Thomas.gov link to work.