PDA

View Full Version : Research Volunteers Needed

ronpaulhawaii
09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Please send let me know if you are interested in helping with Opposition Research, and other aspects...

Thanks

KCIndy
09-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Please send let me know if you are interested in helping with Opposition Research, and other aspects...

Thanks

Can you give us a bit more detail? What sort of research will this be? Can it be done via Google/Google news and other online sources, or does this have to be a "boots on the ground" effort there in New Mexico?

What sort of information are you interested in researching? Voting and finance records? Conflicts of interest? Demographic trends?

Just curious! :)

ronpaulhawaii
09-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Can you give us a bit more detail? What sort of research will this be? Can it be done via Google/Google news and other online sources, or does this have to be a "boots on the ground" effort there in New Mexico?

What sort of information are you interested in researching? Voting and finance records? Conflicts of interest? Demographic trends?

Just curious! :)

This request is for online research. All of those and more.

Here is some preliminary info as background. The precinct analysis will be a priority, at this time. Collecting news articles on the opposition, going back a few years, will start the ball rolling on that as well

Precinct Analysis (http://books.google.com/books?id=p7yXJgT5uy8C&lpg=PA133&ots=-dDwau7w-D&dq=Precinct%20Analysis&pg=PA133#v=onepage&q=Precinct%20Analysis&f=false)

Opposition Research (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_research)

I basically wanted to give a heads up and and start building a research team. Specific tasks will come later...

Bradley in DC
09-16-2009, 05:48 PM
This request is for online research. All of those and more.

Here is some preliminary info as background. The precinct analysis will be a priority, at this time. Collecting news articles on the opposition, going back a few years, will start the ball rolling on that as well

Precinct Analysis (http://books.google.com/books?id=p7yXJgT5uy8C&lpg=PA133&ots=-dDwau7w-D&dq=Precinct%20Analysis&pg=PA133#v=onepage&q=Precinct%20Analysis&f=false)

Opposition Research (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_research)

I basically wanted to give a heads up and and start building a research team. Specific tasks will come later...

Wow! Does this mean Adam is running to win?!! :)

Just imagine if our side can get up to speed on campaign basics?! :eek:

disorderlyvision
09-16-2009, 08:11 PM
let me know what I can do

angelatc
09-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I've got about 3 projects going on right now, so I suppose one more won't matter. Pile it on me, bro!

ronpaulhawaii
09-17-2009, 02:15 AM
let me know what I can do

I've got about 3 projects going on right now, so I suppose one more won't matter. Pile it on me, bro!

I wuff you guys :)

I'm packing to get to PA for the CfL/For Liberty things, I'll be in and out till I get back on the 22nd...

This will be a a long term project... (slow and steady wins the race...) For now, can you guys please set up a google doc zone for us to use.

We are going to need a spreadsheet for each county and a row for each precinct. This map (http://216.55.182.132/FairData/NM_Registration/map.asp?command=zmout&annot=%7C&vis=2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C&map=0&width=0&table=&scope=-106634835%7C35081129%7C320%7C290.327273&mapimage.x=279&mapimage.y=105&ml0=2&ml1=2&ml2=2&ml3=2&ml4=2&ml5=2&ml6=2&ml7=2) zooms in to precinct level. We are the 3rd District, (nearly) the top half of the state...

We are going to build dossiers on political figures in the area. We can start with two, the voting records of our opponent, Ben Ray Lujan Jr., and his father Ben Lujan Sr.

I gotta get packing and catch a few hours sleep...

Thanks guys :)

(the more the merrier ;) )

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM
I wuff you guys :)

I'm packing to get to PA for the CfL/For Liberty things, I'll be in and out till I get back on the 22nd...

This will be a a long term project... (slow and steady wins the race...) For now, can you guys please set up a google doc zone for us to use.

We are going to need a spreadsheet for each county and a row for each precinct. This map (http://216.55.182.132/FairData/NM_Registration/map.asp?command=zmout&annot=%7C&vis=2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C2%7C&map=0&width=0&table=&scope=-106634835%7C35081129%7C320%7C290.327273&mapimage.x=279&mapimage.y=105&ml0=2&ml1=2&ml2=2&ml3=2&ml4=2&ml5=2&ml6=2&ml7=2) zooms in to precinct level. We are the 3rd District, (nearly) the top half of the state...

We are going to build dossiers on political figures in the area. We can start with two, the voting records of our opponent, Ben Ray Lujan Jr., and his father Ben Lujan Sr.

I gotta get packing and catch a few hours sleep...

Thanks guys :)

(the more the merrier ;) )

Never set up a google docs before, but I will start doing some recon on the opponents

kaleidoscope eyes
09-17-2009, 10:42 AM
bump

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Sponsored legislation

1. H.RES.655 : Recognizing the historical significance of the city of Santa Fe.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 7/16/2009) Cosponsors (3)
Committees: House Oversight and Government Reform
Latest Major Action: 7/16/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. H.R.921 : To establish the Sabinoso Wilderness Area in San Miguel County, New Mexico, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 2/9/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Committees: House Natural Resources
Latest Major Action: 2/12/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. H.R.922 : To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to provide financial assistance to the Eastern New Mexico Rural Water Authority for the planning, design, and construction of the Eastern New Mexico Rural Water System, and for other purposes.
Latest Major Action: 2/12/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Water and Power.

4. H.R.923 : To direct the Secretary of the Interior to conduct a study of water resources in the State of New Mexico.
Latest Major Action: 2/12/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Water and Power.

5. H.R.924 : To direct the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Commissioner of Reclamation, to assess the irrigation infrastructure of the Rio Grande Pueblos in the State of New Mexico and provide grants to, and enter into cooperative agreements with, the Rio Grande Pueblos to repair, rehabilitate, or reconstruct existing infrastructure, and for other purposes.

6. H.R.925 : To amend the Colorado River Storage Project Act and Public Law 87-483 to authorize the construction and rehabilitation of water infrastructure in Northwestern New Mexico, to authorize the use of the reclamation fund to fund the Reclamation Water Settlements Fund, to authorize the conveyance of certain Reclamation land and infrastructure, to authorize the Commissioner of Reclamation to provide for the delivery of water, and for other purposes.

7. H.R.993 : To establish a Presidential commission to determine and evaluate the validity of certain land claims arising out of the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo of 1848 involving the descendants of persons who were Mexican citizens at the time of the Treaty.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 2/11/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/18/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands.

8. H.R.2729 : To authorize the designation of National Environmental Research Parks by the Secretary of Energy, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 6/4/2009) Cosponsors (5)
Committees: House Science and Technology; Senate Energy and Natural Resources
House Reports: 111-207
Latest Major Action: 7/22/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

9. H.R.3254 : To approve the Taos Pueblo Indian Water Rights Settlement Agreement, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 7/17/2009) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 9/9/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

10. H.R.3342 : To authorize the Secretary of the Interior, acting through the Commissioner of Reclamation, to develop water infrastructure in the Rio Grande Basin, and to approve the settlement of the water rights claims of the Pueblos of Nambe, Pojoaque, San Ildefonso, and Tesuque.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 7/24/2009) Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 9/9/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

11. H.AMDT.58 to H.R.1404 Amendment provides for implementation of fire-safety programs which focus on eradication or control of invasive species.
Sponsor: Rep Lujan, Ben Ray [NM-3] (introduced 3/26/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 3/26/2009 House amendment agreed to. Status: On agreeing to the Lujan amendment (A009) Agreed to by voice vote.

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:09 PM
Co-sponsored

1. H.CON.RES.49 : Supporting the Local Radio Freedom Act.
Sponsor: Rep Green, Gene [TX-29] (introduced 2/12/2009) Cosponsors (248)
Committees: House Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 2/12/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

2. H.CON.RES.109 : Honoring the 20th anniversary of the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the Nation's Capital and its transition to the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure on June 6, 2009, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Connolly, Gerald E. "Gerry" [VA-11] (introduced 4/27/2009) Cosponsors (145)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce
Latest Major Action: 6/8/2009 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

3. H.RES.57 : Recognizing the persistently high rates of drowning fatalities among children.
Sponsor: Rep Sires, Albio [NJ-13] (introduced 1/13/2009) Cosponsors (101)
Latest Major Action: 9/14/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.

4. H.RES.69 : Recognizing the need to continue research into the causes, treatment, education, and an eventual cure for diabetes, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43] (introduced 1/15/2009) Cosponsors (118)
Latest Major Action: 7/22/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 420 - 0 (Roll no. 609).

5. H.RES.83 : Recognizing the significance of Black History Month.
Sponsor: Rep Green, Al [TX-9] (introduced 1/23/2009) Cosponsors (79)
Latest Major Action: 2/24/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 420 - 0 (Roll no. 78).

6. H.RES.89 : Supporting and encouraging greater support for Veterans Day each year.
Sponsor: Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43] (introduced 1/26/2009) Cosponsors (55)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: 1/26/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

7. H.RES.132 : Honoring the life and memory of the Chiricahua Apache leader Goyathlay or Goyaale, also known as Geronimo, and recognizing the 100th anniversary of his death on February 17, 2009, as a time of reflection and the commencement of a "Healing" for all Apache people.
Sponsor: Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] (introduced 2/4/2009) Cosponsors (3)
Latest Major Action: 2/23/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by voice vote.

8. H.RES.146 : Designating March 2, 2009, as "Read Across America Day".
Sponsor: Rep Markey, Betsy [CO-4] (introduced 2/10/2009) Cosponsors (43)
Committees: House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 3/5/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 417 - 0 (Roll no. 98).

9. H.RES.195 : Recognizing and honoring the employees of the Department of Homeland Security on its sixth anniversary for their continuous efforts to keep the Nation safe.
Sponsor: Rep Bilirakis, Gus M. [FL-9] (introduced 2/26/2009) Cosponsors (23)
Committees: House Homeland Security
Latest Major Action: 3/4/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 418 - 0 (Roll no. 95).

10. H.RES.203 : Expressing support for designation of a "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day".
Sponsor: Rep Sanchez, Linda T. [CA-39] (introduced 3/3/2009) Cosponsors (38)
Committees: House Armed Services
Latest Major Action: 3/31/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

11. H.RES.210 : Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that providing breakfast in schools through the National School Breakfast Program has a positive impact on classroom performance.
Sponsor: Rep Moore, Gwen [WI-4] (introduced 3/4/2009) Cosponsors (47)
Latest Major Action: 3/9/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 383 - 11 (Roll no. 110).

12. H.RES.234 : Expressing support for designation of a "Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day".
Sponsor: Rep Sanchez, Linda T. [CA-39] (introduced 3/10/2009) Cosponsors (63)
Latest Major Action: 3/24/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by voice vote.

13. H.RES.314 : Honoring and saluting Hillerich & Bradsby Co. on the 125th anniversary of the Louisville Slugger.
Sponsor: Rep Yarmuth, John A. [KY-3] (introduced 4/1/2009) Cosponsors (102)
Latest Major Action: 4/1/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

14. H.RES.321 : Congratulating the boys' basketball team at Eisenhower High School in Rialto, California, for winning the State championship.
Sponsor: Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43] (introduced 4/2/2009) Cosponsors (26)
Latest Major Action: 5/14/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education.

15. H.RES.347 : Congratulating Averett University in Danville, Virginia, for 150 years of service and leadership to the United States.
Sponsor: Rep Perriello, Thomas S.P. [VA-5] (introduced 4/21/2009) Cosponsors (27)
Latest Major Action: 5/18/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by voice vote.

16. H.RES.357 : Supporting the goals and ideals of Financial Literacy Month 2009, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Hinojosa, Ruben [TX-15] (introduced 4/23/2009) Cosponsors (67)
Committees: House Financial Services
Latest Major Action: 4/29/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by recorded vote (2/3 required): 419 - 3 (Roll no. 217).

17. H.RES.362 : Expressing the support of the House of Representatives for the goals and ideals of the National School Lunch Program.
Sponsor: Rep Watson, Diane E. [CA-33] (introduced 4/23/2009) Cosponsors (52)
Latest Major Action: 5/21/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Healthy Families and Communities.

18. H.RES.370 : Expressing the support of the House of Representatives for the goals and ideals of National Healthy Schools Day.
Sponsor: Rep Tonko, Paul D. [NY-21] (introduced 4/27/2009) Cosponsors (53)
Latest Major Action: 5/12/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.

19. H.RES.435 : Celebrating Asian/Pacific-American Heritage.
Sponsor: Rep Honda, Michael M. [CA-15] (introduced 5/13/2009) Cosponsors (56)
Latest Major Action: 6/8/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by voice vote.

20. H.RES.441 : Honoring the historical contributions of Catholic sisters in the United States.
Sponsor: Rep Kaptur, Marcy [OH-9] (introduced 5/14/2009) Cosponsors (65)
Latest Major Action: 9/10/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Unanimous Consent.

21. H.RES.498 : Honoring and congratulating the U.S. Border Patrol on its 85th anniversary.
Sponsor: Rep Teague, Harry [NM-2] (introduced 6/2/2009) Cosponsors (46)
Committees: House Homeland Security
Latest Major Action: 6/9/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by voice vote.

22. H.RES.507 : Supporting the goals of National Dairy Month.
Sponsor: Rep Courtney, Joe [CT-2] (introduced 6/4/2009) Cosponsors (85)
Committees: House Agriculture
Latest Major Action: 7/21/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution, as amended Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (2/3 required): 428 - 0 (Roll no. 599).

23. H.RES.737 : Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that a National Hispanic-Serving Institutions Week should be established.
Sponsor: Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] (introduced 9/14/2009) Cosponsors (17)
Latest Major Action: 9/14/2009 Passed/agreed to in House. Status: On motion to suspend the rules and agree to the resolution Agreed to by voice vote.

24. H.RES.741 : Expressing support for designation of October 8, 2009, as national Jumpstart's "Read for the Record Day".
Sponsor: Rep Markey, Betsy [CO-4] (introduced 9/14/2009) Cosponsors (26)
Latest Major Action: 9/14/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Education and Labor.

25. H.R.2 : To amend title XXI of the Social Security Act to extend and improve the Children's Health Insurance Program, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] (introduced 1/13/2009) Cosponsors (43)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means; House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 111-3 [GPO: Text, PDF]

26. H.R.11 : To amend title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and to modify the operation of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to clarify that a discriminatory compensation decision or other practice that is unlawful under such Acts occurs each time compensation is paid pursuant to the discriminatory compensation decision or other practice, to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages on the basis of sex, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Miller, George [CA-7] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (195)
Committees: House Education and Labor; Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Major Action: 2/11/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Read twice and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
Note: Pursuant to the provisions of H.Res. 5 , the text of H.R. 12 as passed by the House was appended to the end of H.R. 11 as new matter. For further action, see S.181 , which became Public Law 111-2 on 1/29/2009.

27. H.R.12 : To amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to provide more effective remedies to victims of discrimination in the payment of wages on the basis of sex, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep DeLauro, Rosa L. [CT-3] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (200)
Latest Major Action: 1/9/2009 Pursuant to the provisions of H. Res. 5 , H.R. 12 is laid on the table.
Note: Pursuant to the provisions of H.Res. 5 , the text of H.R. 12 as passed by the House will be appended to the end of H.R. 11 as new matter.

28. H.R.22 : To amend title 5, United States Code, to reduce the amount that the United States Postal Service is required to pay into the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund by the end of fiscal year 2009.
Sponsor: Rep McHugh, John M. [NY-23] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (339)
House Reports: 111-216
Latest Major Action: 9/16/2009 Received in the Senate.

29. H.R.147 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow taxpayers to designate a portion of their income tax payment to provide assistance to homeless veterans, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Israel, Steve [NY-2] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (81)
Committees: House Ways and Means; House Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: 3/4/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

30. H.R.181 : To permit members of the House of Representatives to donate used computer equipment to public elementary and secondary schools designated by the members.
Sponsor: Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (31)
Committees: House Administration
Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on House Administration.

31. H.R.406 : To award a Congressional Gold Medal in recognition of Alice Paul's role in the women's suffrage movement and in advancing equal rights for women.
Sponsor: Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43] (introduced 1/9/2009) Cosponsors (119)
Latest Major Action: 1/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.

32. H.R.452 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make the child credit refundable for 5 years.
Sponsor: Rep Teague, Harry [NM-2] (introduced 1/9/2009) Cosponsors (3)
Committees: House Ways and Means
Latest Major Action: 1/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

33. H.R.593 : To amend title 10, United States Code, to expand the authorized concurrent receipt of disability severance pay from the Department of Defense and compensation for the same disability under any law administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs to cover all veterans who have a combat-related disability, as defined under section 1413a of such title.
Sponsor: Rep Smith, Adam [WA-9] (introduced 1/15/2009) Cosponsors (42)
Latest Major Action: 2/6/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

34. H.R.627 : To amend the Truth in Lending Act to establish fair and transparent practices relating to the extension of credit under an open end consumer credit plan, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [NY-14] (introduced 1/22/2009) Cosponsors (128)
House Reports: 111-88
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 111-24 [GPO: Text, PDF]

35. H.R.658 : To amend title 39, United States Code, to modify the procedures governing the closure or consolidation of postal facilities.
Sponsor: Rep Sires, Albio [NJ-13] (introduced 1/22/2009) Cosponsors (86)
Latest Major Action: 2/24/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, Post Office, and the District of Columbia.

36. H.R.667 : To improve the diagnosis and treatment of traumatic brain injury in members and former members of the Armed Forces, to review and expand telehealth and telemental health programs of the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Salazar, John T. [CO-3] (introduced 1/23/2009) Cosponsors (43)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs; House Armed Services
Latest Major Action: 2/6/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

37. H.R.676 : To provide for comprehensive health insurance coverage for all United States residents, improved health care delivery, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] (introduced 1/26/2009) Cosponsors (86)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means; House Natural Resources
Latest Major Action: 1/26/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, and Natural Resources, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

38. H.R.699 : To modify the requirements applicable to locatable minerals on public domain lands, consistent with the principles of self-initiation of mining claims, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Rahall, Nick J., II [WV-3] (introduced 1/27/2009) Cosponsors (38)
Latest Major Action: 2/26/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

39. H.R.707 : To provide monthly vouchers to members of the Armed Forces serving in overseas operations, or hospitalized due to a disease or injury incurred as a result of service in such operations, that a member may transfer to another person to permit the person to mail, without charge, correspondence and small parcels to members of the Armed Forces.
Sponsor: Rep Castor, Kathy [FL-11] (introduced 1/27/2009) Cosponsors (241)
Latest Major Action: 2/17/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

40. H.R.730 : To strengthen efforts in the Department of Homeland Security to develop nuclear forensics capabilities to permit attribution of the source of nuclear material, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Schiff, Adam B. [CA-29] (introduced 1/27/2009) Cosponsors (4)
Committees: House Homeland Security; House Foreign Affairs; Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
Latest Major Action: 3/26/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

41. H.R.775 : To repeal the requirement for reduction of survivor annuities under the Survivor Benefit Plan to offset the receipt of veterans dependency and indemnity compensation.
Sponsor: Rep Ortiz, Solomon P. [TX-27] (introduced 1/28/2009) Cosponsors (281)
Latest Major Action: 2/17/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

42. H.R.816 : To amend title 10, United States Code, to prohibit certain increases in fees for military health care.
Sponsor: Rep Edwards, Chet [TX-17] (introduced 2/3/2009) Cosponsors (164)
Latest Major Action: 2/24/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

43. H.R.890 : To amend title VI of the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to establish a Federal renewable electricity standard for certain electric utilities, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Markey, Edward J. [MA-7] (introduced 2/4/2009) Cosponsors (40)
Latest Major Action: 2/4/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

44. H.R.916 : To amend the Public Health Service Act to provide grants for the training of graduate medical residents in preventive medicine and public health.
Sponsor: Rep Green, Gene [TX-29] (introduced 2/9/2009) Cosponsors (27)
Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

45. H.R.934 : To convey certain submerged lands to the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands in order to give that territory the same benefits in its submerged lands as Guam, the Virgin Islands, and American Samoa have in their submerged lands.
Sponsor: Rep Sablan, Gregorio [MP] (introduced 2/10/2009) Cosponsors (27)
Committees: House Natural Resources; Senate Energy and Natural Resources
House Reports: 111-176
Latest Major Action: 7/16/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

46. H.R.936 : To ensure the continued and future availability of lifesaving trauma health care in the United States and to prevent further trauma center closures and downgrades by assisting trauma centers with uncompensated care costs, core mission services, emergency needs, and information technology.
Sponsor: Rep Towns, Edolphus [NY-10] (introduced 2/10/2009) Cosponsors (35)
Latest Major Action: 2/10/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

47. H.R.948 : To amend chapter 81 of title 5, United States Code, to create a presumption that a disability or death of a Federal employee in fire protection activities caused by any of certain diseases is the result of the performance of such employee's duty.
Sponsor: Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23] (introduced 2/10/2009) Cosponsors (132)
Latest Major Action: 3/23/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Workforce Protections.

48. H.R.953 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for a deduction for travel expenses to medical centers of the Department of Veterans Affairs in connection with examinations or treatments relating to service-connected disabilities.
Sponsor: Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] (introduced 2/10/2009) Cosponsors (41)
Latest Major Action: 2/10/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

49. H.R.1016 : A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide advance appropriations authority for certain accounts of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 2/12/2009) Cosponsors (125)
House Reports: 111-171
Latest Major Action: 8/6/2009 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Passed Senate in lieu of S. 423 with an amendment by Unanimous Consent.

50. H.R.1064 : To provide for evidence-based and promising practices related to juvenile delinquency and criminal street gang activity prevention and intervention to help build individual, family, and community strength and resiliency to ensure that youth lead productive, safe, healthy, gang-free, and law-abiding lives.
Sponsor: Rep Scott, Robert C. "Bobby" [VA-3] (introduced 2/13/2009) Cosponsors (228)
Committees: House Judiciary; House Education and Labor; House Energy and Commerce; House Financial Services
Latest Major Action: 7/15/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Co-sponsor cont.

51. H.R.1098 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to increase the amount of educational assistance payable by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to certain individuals pursuing internships or on-job training.
Sponsor: Rep Perriello, Thomas S.P. [VA-5] (introduced 2/13/2009) Cosponsors (12)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs; House Armed Services
Latest Major Action: 6/10/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.

52. H.R.1243 : To provide for the award of a gold medal on behalf of Congress to Arnold Palmer in recognition of his service to the Nation in promoting excellence and good sportsmanship in golf.
Sponsor: Rep Baca, Joe [CA-43] (introduced 3/2/2009) Cosponsors (302)
Committees: House Financial Services; Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Latest Major Action: 9/9/2009 Cleared for White House.

53. H.R.1256 : To protect the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with certain authority to regulate tobacco products, to amend title 5, United States Code, to make certain modifications in the Thrift Savings Plan, the Civil Service Retirement System, and the Federal Employees' Retirement System, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30] (introduced 3/3/2009) Cosponsors (178)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Oversight and Government Reform
House Reports: 111-58 Part 1, 111-58 Part 2
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 111-31 [GPO: Text, PDF]

54. H.R.1283 : To amend title 10, United States Code, to enhance the readiness of the Armed Forces by replacing the current policy concerning homosexuality in the Armed Forces, referred to as "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", with a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Sponsor: Rep Tauscher, Ellen O. [CA-10] (introduced 3/3/2009) Cosponsors (169)
Latest Major Action: 3/31/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

55. H.R.1296 : To achieve access to comprehensive primary health care services for all Americans and to reform the organization of primary care delivery through an expansion of the Community Health Center and National Health Service Corps programs.
Sponsor: Rep Clyburn, James E. [SC-6] (introduced 3/4/2009) Cosponsors (131)
Latest Major Action: 3/4/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

56. H.R.1308 : To direct the Secretary of Defense to adopt a program of professional and confidential screenings to detect mental health injuries acquired during deployment in support of a contingency operation and ultimately to reduce the incidence of suicide among veterans.
Sponsor: Rep McMahon, Michael E. [NY-13] (introduced 3/4/2009) Cosponsors (42)
Committees: House Armed Services; House Veterans' Affairs

57. H.R.1335 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to prohibit the Secretary of Veterans Affairs from collecting certain copayments from veterans who are catastrophically disabled.
Sponsor: Rep Halvorson, Deborah L. [IL-11] (introduced 3/5/2009) Cosponsors (39)
Latest Major Action: 7/9/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee (Amended) by Voice Vote .

58. H.R.1346 : To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to liability under State and local requirements respecting devices.
Sponsor: Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] (introduced 3/5/2009) Cosponsors (104)
Latest Major Action: 5/12/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Subcommittee Hearings Held.

59. H.R.1409 : To amend the National Labor Relations Act to establish an efficient system to enable employees to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to provide for mandatory injunctions for unfair labor practices during organizing efforts, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Miller, George [CA-7] (introduced 3/10/2009) Cosponsors (227)
Latest Major Action: 4/29/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions.

60. H.R.1428 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide wartime disability compensation for certain veterans with Parkinson's disease.
Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 3/11/2009) Cosponsors (75)
Latest Major Action: 3/13/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs.

61. H.R.1513 : To increase, effective as of December 1, 2009, the rates of disability compensation for veterans with service-connected disabilities and the rates of dependency and indemnity compensation for survivors of certain service-connected disabled veterans, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Kirkpatrick, Ann [AZ-1] (introduced 3/16/2009) Cosponsors (10)
Committees: House Veterans' Affairs; Senate Veterans' Affairs
House Reports: 111-56
Latest Major Action: 3/31/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs.

62. H.R.1580 : To authorize the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency to award grants for electronic device recycling research, development, and demonstration projects, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Gordon, Bart [TN-6] (introduced 3/18/2009) Cosponsors (18)
Committees: House Science and Technology; Senate Environment and Public Works
House Reports: 111-75
Latest Major Action: 4/23/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.

63. H.R.1586 : To impose an additional tax on bonuses received from certain TARP recipients.
Sponsor: Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] (introduced 3/18/2009) Cosponsors (51)
Latest Major Action: 3/23/2009 Read the second time. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 36.

64. H.R.1612 : To amend the Public Lands Corps Act of 1993 to expand the authorization of the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, and the Interior to provide service-learning opportunities on public lands, help restore the nation's natural, cultural, historic, archaeological, recreational, and scenic resources, train a new generation of public land managers and enthusiasts, and promote the value of public service.
Sponsor: Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] (introduced 3/19/2009) Cosponsors (64)
Committees: House Natural Resources; House Agriculture; House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 6/10/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Ordered to be Reported (Amended) by Voice Vote.

65. H.R.1614 : To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to make grants to community health coalitions to assist in the development of integrated health care delivery, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Green, Gene [TX-29] (introduced 3/19/2009) Cosponsors (7)
Latest Major Action: 3/19/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

66. H.R.1618 : To amend titles 23 and 49, United States Code, concerning length and weight limitations for vehicles operating on Federal-aid highways, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3] (introduced 3/19/2009) Cosponsors (116)
Committees: House Transportation and Infrastructure
Latest Major Action: 3/20/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit.

67. H.R.1622 : To provide for a program of research, development, and demonstration on natural gas vehicles.
Sponsor: Rep Sullivan, John [OK-1] (introduced 3/19/2009) Cosponsors (10)
House Reports: 111-206
Latest Major Action: 7/22/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

68. H.R.1709 : To establish a committee under the National Science and Technology Council with the responsibility to coordinate science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education activities and programs of all Federal agencies, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Gordon, Bart [TN-6] (introduced 3/25/2009) Cosponsors (15)
Committees: House Science and Technology; House Education and Labor; Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
House Reports: 111-130 Part 1
Latest Major Action: 6/9/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

69. H.R.1740 : To amend the Public Health Service Act to increase awareness of the risks of breast cancer in young women and provide support for young women diagnosed with breast cancer.
Sponsor: Rep Wasserman Schultz, Debbie [FL-20] (introduced 3/26/2009) Cosponsors (366)
Latest Major Action: 3/26/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

70. H.R.1775 : To provide support to develop career and technical education programs of study and facilities in the areas of renewable energy.
Sponsor: Rep McNerney, Jerry [CA-11] (introduced 3/30/2009) Cosponsors (15)
Latest Major Action: 5/14/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Higher Education, Lifelong Learning, and Competitiveness.

71. H.R.1826 : To reform the financing of House elections, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Larson, John B. [CT-1] (introduced 3/31/2009) Cosponsors (85)
Committees: House Administration; House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means
Latest Major Action: 7/30/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.

72. H.R.1828 : To amend the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act of 2000 to expand the category of individuals eligible for compensation, to improve the procedures for providing compensation, and to improve transparency, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Polis, Jared [CO-2] (introduced 3/31/2009) Cosponsors (8)
Committees: House Judiciary; House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 5/14/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Workforce Protections.

73. H.R.1831 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the special rule for contributions of qualified conservation contributions.
Sponsor: Rep Thompson, Mike [CA-1] (introduced 3/31/2009) Cosponsors (223)
Latest Major Action: 3/31/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

74. H.R.1881 : To enhance the transportation security functions of the Department of Homeland Security by providing for an enhanced personnel system for employees of the Transportation Security Administration, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Lowey, Nita M. [NY-18] (introduced 4/2/2009) Cosponsors (147)
Committees: House Homeland Security; House Oversight and Government Reform
Latest Major Action: 9/10/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Ordered to be Reported by the Yeas and Nays: 19 - 10.

75. H.R.1924 : To amend the Indian Law Enforcement Reform Act, the Indian Tribal Justice Act, the Indian Tribal Justice Technical and Legal Assistance Act of 2000, and the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to improve the prosecution of, and response to, crimes in Indian country, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie [SD] (introduced 4/2/2009) Cosponsors (10)
Committees: House Judiciary; House Natural Resources; House Energy and Commerce; House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 5/26/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.

76. H.R.1958 : To amend the Military Construction Authorization Act, 1974 to repeal the limitation on the authorized uses of the former bombardment area on the island of Culebra and the prohibition on Federal Government responsibility for decontamination of the area.
Sponsor: Rep Pierluisi, Pedro R. [PR] (introduced 4/2/2009) Cosponsors (16)
Latest Major Action: 4/27/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Readiness.

77. H.R.2020 : To amend the High-Performance Computing Act of 1991 to authorize activities for support of networking and information technology research, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Gordon, Bart [TN-6] (introduced 4/22/2009) Cosponsors (10)
Committees: House Science and Technology; Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation
House Reports: 111-102
Latest Major Action: 5/13/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.

78. H.R.2097 : To require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in commemoration of the bicentennial of the writing of the Star-Spangled Banner, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Ruppersberger, C. A. Dutch [MD-2] (introduced 4/23/2009) Cosponsors (296)
Committees: House Financial Services; Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
Latest Major Action: 9/10/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs.

79. H.R.2195 : To amend the Federal Power Act to provide additional authorities to adequately protect the critical electric infrastructure against cyber attack, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Thompson, Bennie G. [MS-2] (introduced 4/30/2009) Cosponsors (25)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Homeland Security
Latest Major Action: 5/26/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity, and Science and Technology.

80. H.R.2222 : To direct the Secretary of Commerce to make grants for programs promoting community greening initiatives, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Schwartz, Allyson Y. [PA-13] (introduced 4/30/2009) Cosponsors (17)
Committees: House Transportation and Infrastructure; House Financial Services
Latest Major Action: 5/1/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment.

81. H.R.2245 : To authorize the President, in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of the historic and first lunar landing by humans in 1969, to award gold medals on behalf of the United States Congress to Neil A. Armstrong, the first human to walk on the moon; Edwin E. "Buzz" Aldrin, Jr., the pilot of the lunar module and second person to walk on the moon; Michael Collins, the pilot of their Apollo 11 mission's command module; and, the first American to orbit the Earth, John Herschel Glenn, Jr.
Sponsor: Rep Grayson, Alan [FL-8] (introduced 5/5/2009) Cosponsors (298)
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 111-44 [GPO: Text, PDF]

82. H.R.2254 : To amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating to the exposure of certain veterans who served in the vicinity of the Republic of Vietnam.
Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 5/5/2009) Cosponsors (136)
Latest Major Action: 5/8/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs.

83. H.R.2288 : To amend Public Law 106-392 to maintain annual base funding for the Upper Colorado and San Juan fish recovery programs through fiscal year 2023.
Sponsor: Rep Salazar, John T. [CO-3] (introduced 5/6/2009) Cosponsors (12)
Latest Major Action: 5/11/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Water and Power.

84. H.R.2404 : To require the Secretary of Defense to submit a report to Congress outlining the United States exit strategy for United States military forces in Afghanistan participating in Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sponsor: Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3] (introduced 5/14/2009) Cosponsors (98)
Latest Major Action: 5/14/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Armed Services.

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:11 PM
85. H.R.2488 : To require the Secretary of Defense to modify the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) in order to permit a member of the Armed Forces, upon discharge or release from active duty in the Armed Forces, to include an email address on the form.
Sponsor: Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1] (introduced 5/19/2009) Cosponsors (13)
Latest Major Action: 6/8/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Military Personnel.

86. H.R.2523 : To amend the Act titled "An Act to authorize the leasing of restricted Indian lands for public, religious, educational, recreational, residential, business, and other purposes requiring the grant of long-term leases", approved August 9, 1955, to provide for Indian tribes to enter into certain leases without prior express approval from the Secretary of the Interior.
Sponsor: Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1] (introduced 5/20/2009) Cosponsors (21)
Latest Major Action: 5/20/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.

87. H.R.2598 : To grant a Congressional Gold Medal to American military personnel who fought in defense of Bataan/Corregidor/Luzon between December 7, 1941 and May 6, 1942.
Sponsor: Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1] (introduced 5/21/2009) Cosponsors (21)
Committees: House Financial Services; House Administration
Latest Major Action: 5/21/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Financial Services, and in addition to the Committee on House Administration, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

88. H.R.2662 : To dedicate a portion of the rental fees from wind and solar energy projects on Federal land under the jurisdiction of the Bureau of Land Management for the administrative costs of processing applications for new wind and solar projects, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1] (introduced 6/2/2009) Cosponsors (25)
Latest Major Action: 6/5/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands.

89. H.R.2693 : To amend title VII of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] (introduced 6/3/2009) Cosponsors (3)
Committees: House Science and Technology
Latest Major Action: 6/16/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee (Amended) by Voice Vote .

90. H.R.2708 : To amend the Indian Health Care Improvement Act to revise and extend that Act, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] (introduced 6/4/2009) Cosponsors (23)
Committees: House Natural Resources; House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means
Latest Major Action: 6/25/2009 House committee/subcommittee actions. Status: Committee Hearings Held.

91. H.R.2743 : To restore the economic rights of automobile dealers, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Maffei, Daniel B. [NY-25] (introduced 6/8/2009) Cosponsors (272)
Latest Major Action: 6/8/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services.

92. H.R.2778 : To amend the Public Health Service Act to redesignate the National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities as the National Institute for Minority Health and Health Disparities, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Jackson, Jesse L., Jr. [IL-2] (introduced 6/9/2009) Cosponsors (57)
Latest Major Action: 6/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.

93. H.R.2895 : To amend the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to promote energy independence and self-sufficiency by providing for the use of net metering by certain small electric energy generation systems, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Cardoza, Dennis A. [CA-18] (introduced 6/16/2009) Cosponsors (1)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Oversight and Government Reform; House Financial Services; House Transportation and Infrastructure
Latest Major Action: 6/17/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management.

94. H.R.2920 : To reinstitute and update the Pay-As-You-Go requirement of budget neutrality on new tax and mandatory spending legislation, enforced by the threat of annual, automatic sequestration.
Sponsor: Rep Hoyer, Steny H. [MD-5] (introduced 6/17/2009) Cosponsors (169)
Committees: House Budget; Senate Budget
Latest Major Action: 7/23/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Budget.

95. H.R.2935 : To establish a non-profit corporation to communicate United States entry policies and otherwise promote tourist, business, and scholarly travel to the United States.
Sponsor: Rep Delahunt, Bill [MA-10] (introduced 6/18/2009) Cosponsors (81)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Judiciary; House Homeland Security
Latest Major Action: 7/23/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law.

96. H.R.2965 : To amend the Small Business Act with respect to the Small Business Innovation Research Program and the Small Business Technology Transfer Program, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Altmire, Jason [PA-4] (introduced 6/19/2009) Cosponsors (9)
Committees: House Science and Technology; House Small Business
House Reports: 111-190 Part 1, 111-190 Part 2
Latest Major Action: 7/13/2009 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Passed Senate in lieu of S. 1233 with an amendment by Unanimous Consent.

97. H.R.3006 : To provide grants to States to ensure that all students in the middle grades are taught an academically rigorous curriculum with effective supports so that students complete the middle grades prepared for success in high school and postsecondary endeavors, to improve State and district policies and programs relating to the academic achievement of students in the middle grades, to develop and implement effective middle grades models for struggling students, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] (introduced 6/23/2009) Cosponsors (25)
Latest Major Action: 6/23/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Education and Labor.

98. H.R.3017 : To prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Sponsor: Rep Frank, Barney [MA-4] (introduced 6/24/2009) Cosponsors (157)
Committees: House Education and Labor; House Administration; House Oversight and Government Reform; House Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 6/24/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Education and Labor, and in addition to the Committees on House Administration, Oversight and Government Reform, and the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

99. H.R.3085 : To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for the treatment of Indian tribal governments as State governments for purposes of determining the sources of support of charitable organizations.
Sponsor: Rep Becerra, Xavier [CA-31] (introduced 6/26/2009) Cosponsors (13)
Latest Major Action: 6/26/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means.

100. H.R.3090 : To improve the health of minority individuals, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Christensen, Donna M. [VI] (introduced 6/26/2009) Cosponsors (57)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means; House Education and Labor; House Judiciary; House Natural Resources; House Armed Services; House Veterans' Affairs; House Agriculture
Latest Major Action: 8/19/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.

101. H.R.3165 : To provide for a program of wind energy research, development, and demonstration, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Tonko, Paul D. [NY-21] (introduced 7/9/2009) Cosponsors (14)
House Reports: 111-248
Latest Major Action: 9/10/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.

102. H.R.3339 : To reauthorize the Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Act, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Heinrich, Martin [NM-1] (introduced 7/24/2009) Cosponsors (4)
Latest Major Action: 7/31/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands.

103. H.R.3365 : To provide Medicare payments to Department of Veterans Affairs medical facilities for items and services provided to Medicare-eligible veterans for non-service-connected conditions.
Sponsor: Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] (introduced 7/28/2009) Cosponsors (10)
Committees: House Ways and Means; House Energy and Commerce; House Veterans' Affairs
Latest Major Action: 7/31/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Health.

104. H.R.3472 : To provide for health insurance coverage premium discounts for healthy behavior and improvements toward healthy behavior.
Sponsor: Rep Dahlkemper, Kathleen A. [PA-3] (introduced 7/31/2009) Cosponsors (9)
Committees: House Energy and Commerce; House Ways and Means; House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 7/31/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Ways and Means, and Education and Labor, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

105. H.R.3545 : To authorize the Secretary of Education to award grants for the support of full-service community schools, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Hoyer, Steny H. [MD-5] (introduced 9/9/2009) Cosponsors (53)
Latest Major Action: 9/9/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Education and Labor.

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Committee assignments

Committee on Homeland Security

Subcommittee on Transportation Security and Infrastructure Protection
Subcommittee on Emerging Threats, Cybersecurity, and Science and Technology

Committee on Science and Technology

Subcommittee on Technology and Innovation (Vice Chair)
Subcommittee on Energy and Environment

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:51 PM
LUJAN, BEN R ID: H8NM03196
INCUMBENT

Office Sought: House
State: New Mexico
District: 03
Party: DEM (Democratic Party)

PRINCIPAL CAMPAIGN COMMITTEE: PEOPLE FOR BEN
ID: C00443689

Main contributors:

DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF NEW MEXICO
ENVIRONMENT AMERICA INC
ENVIRONMENT NEW MEXICO
LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS ACTION FUND
21ST CENTURY DEMOCRATS
NATIONAL RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE
AFL-CIO COPE POLITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS COMMITTEE
AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION PAC
AIRCRAFT OWNERS AND PILOTS ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR JUSTICE POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (AAJ PAC)
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF NURSE ANESTHETISTS SEPARATE SEGREGATED FUND
AMERICAN BANKERS ASSOCIATION PAC (BANKPAC)
AMERICAN COUNCIL OF ENGINEERING COMPANIES (ACEC/PAC)
AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERICAN FEDERATION OF GOVT. EMPL. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERICAN FEDERATION OF STATE COUNTY & MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES P E O P L E
AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TEACHERS, AFL-CIO COMMITTEE ON POLITICAL EDUCATION
AMERICAN INDIAN SOVEREIGNTY SELF-DETERMINATION & ECONOMIC PAC
AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERICAN OPTOMETRIC ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERICAN SOCIETY OF ANESTHESIOLOGISTS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AMERIGROUP CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (AMERIGROUP PAC)
AMERIPAC: THE FUND FOR A GREATER AMERICA
ANHEUSER-BUSCH COMPANIES INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
ARDENT HEALTH SERVICES LLC GOOD GOVERNMENT FUND
ASSOCIATED GENERAL CONTRACTORS OF AMERICA POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
AT&T INC. FEDERAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (AT&T FEDERAL PAC)
BABCOCK & WILCOX COMPANY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (B&W PAC)
BART'S BRIDGE PAC
BECERRA, XAVIER VIA BECERRA FOR CONGRESS
BECHTEL GROUP, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
BEEF-PAC (BEEF POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE OF TEXAS CATTLE FEEDERS ASSOCIATION)
BINGAMAN, JEFF VIA A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT JEFF BINGAMAN
BOEING COMPANY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE, THE
BP CORPORATION NORTH AMERICA INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
BROTHERHOOD OF LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEERS AND TRAINMEN PAC FUND
BROWNSTEIN HYATT FARBER SCHRECK POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
BUILD POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HOME BUILDERS
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS IN DIVERSE GEOGRAPHIC ENVIRONMENTS PAC
BURLINGTON NORTHERN SANTA FE CORPORATION RAILPAC (BNSF RAILPAC)
CACTUS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (PAC)
CAMPAIGN FOR OUR COUNTRY
CARPENTERS LEGISLATIVE IMPROVEMENT COMMITTEE UNITED BROTHERHOOD OF CARPENTERS
CH2M HILL COMPANIES LTD PAC
CLEAR CHANNEL COMMUNICATIONS INC. PAC
CLYBURN, JAMES E VIA FRIENDS OF JIM CLYBURN
COALPAC A POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL MINING ASSOCIATION
COCA-COLA COMPANY NONPARTISAN COMMITTEE FOR GOOD GOVERNMENT, THE
COCA-COLA ENTERPRISES INC EMPLOYEES PAC
COMCAST CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE- FEDERAL
COMMITTEE FOR HISPANIC CAUSES/BUILDING OUR LEADERSHIP DIVERSITY PAC
COMMITTEE ON LETTER CARRIERS POLITICAL EDUCATION
COMMUNICATIONS WORKERS OF AMERICA-COPE POLITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS COMMITTEE
COMPASS BANCSHARES, INC PAC
CONOCOPHILLIPS SPIRIT PAC
CORRECTIONS CORPORATION OF AMERICA POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
CULAC THE PAC OF CREDIT UNION NATIONAL ASSOCIATION
DAIRY FARMERS OF AMERICA, INC. - DEPAC
DEALERS ELECTION ACTION COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE DEALERS
DEMOC PAC
DINGELL, JOHN D. MR. VIA JOHN D. DINGELL FOR CONGRESS
DRIVE - DEMOCRAT REPUBLICAN INDEPENDENT VOTER EDUCATION - PAC
EMANUEL, RAHM VIA FRIENDS OF RAHM EMANUEL
EMPLOYEES OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION PAC
ENGINEERS POLITICAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE (EPEC)
ENTERPRISE HOLDINGS, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
FOREST CITY ENTERPRISES, INC. UNITED FOR A SENSIBLE GOVERNMENT (FOCUS)
FPL PAC, FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT CO EMPLOYEES POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
FREEPORT-MCMORAN COPPER & GOLD INC. CITIZENSHIP COMMITTEE
GEO GROUP, INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE, THE
GRIJALVA, RAUL M VIA A WHOLE LOT OF PEOPLE FOR GRIJALVA CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE
HEWLETT PACKARD COMPANY PAC
HOLLAND
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
HOYER, STENY HAMILTON VIA HOYER FOR CONGRESS
HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN PAC
INDEPENDENT COMMUNITY BANKERS OF AMERICA POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
INT'L. ASSOCIATION OF BRIDGE, STRUCTURAL, ORNAMENTAL & REINFORCING IRON WORKERS
INTEL CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIREFIGHTERS INTERESTED IN REGISTRATION AND EDUCATION PAC
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF BOILERMAKERS CAMPAIGN ASSISTANCE FUND
INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
LABORERS' INTERNATIONAL UNION OF NORTH AMERICA (LIUNA)
LARSON, JOHN B VIA LARSON FOR CONGRESS
LEADERSHIP EMPOWERMENT AND DEVELOPMENT POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
LEAGUE OF CONSERVATION VOTERS ACTION FUND
LIFEPOINT HOSPITALS INC GOOD GOVERNMENT FUND
MACHINISTS NON PARTISAN POL LEAGUE OF THE INT'L ASSN OF MACHINISTS & AEROSPACE
MADRID, PATRICIA A VIA MADRID FOR CONGRESS
MESABI FUND, THE
MINEPAC A POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL MINING ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS ASSOCIATION PAC
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE AND FINANCIAL ADVISORS POLITICAL ACTION COMM
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
NATIONAL BEER WHOLESALERS ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
NATIONAL CABLE AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
NATIONAL COMMUNITY PHARMACISTS ASSOCIATION
NATIONAL RURAL LETTER CARRIERS' ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
NATIONAL TREASURY EMPLOYEES POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
NATIONAL VENTURE CAPITAL ASSOCIATION VENTUREPAC
NEA FUND FOR CHILDREN AND PUBLIC EDUCATION
NEW MEXICO MEDICAL SOCIETY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (AKA NEMPAC)
NEW MILLENNIUM PAC
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
OUR COMMON VALUES PAC
OUR FUTURE POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
PEPSICO, INC. CONCERNED CITIZENS FUND
PFIZER INC. PAC
PG&E CORPORATION EMPLOYEES ENERGYPAC
PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION PAC
POLIS, JARED VIA FRIENDS OF JARED POLIS COMMITTEE
PROGRESS, VISION AND COMMITMENT
PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY OF NEW MEXICO RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS GROUP
QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTERNATIONAL INC POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
RAYTHEON COMPANY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTTEE
ROCKY MOUNTAIN PAC
SEAFARERS POLITICAL ACTIVITY DONATION-SEAFARERS INTERNATIONAL UNION
SECURE PAC
SEMPRA ENERGY EMPLOYEES POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE- FEDERAL
SHEET METAL WORKERS' INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION LEAGUE
SOUTHERN MINNESOTA BEET SUGAR COOPERATIVE POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
TRANSPORT WORKERS UNION POLITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS COMMITTEE
U.S.-CUBA DEMOCRACY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
UDALL, TOM VIA UDALL FOR US ALL
UNION PACIFIC CORP. FUND FOR EFFECTIVE GOVERNMENT
UNITED ASSOCIATION POLITICAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE
UNITED MINE WORKERS OF AMERICA - COAL MINERS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
UNITED STATES TELECOM ASSOCIATION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (TELECOMPAC)
UNITED STEELWORKERS POLITICAL ACTION FUND
UNITED TRANSPORTATION UNION POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
UNITEDHEALTH GROUP INCORPORATED PAC (UNITED FOR HEALTH)
UNIVISION COMMUNICATIONS INC. POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
UST LLC EXECUTIVES ADMINISTRATORS AND MANAGERS POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
VERIZON COMMUNICATION INC. GOOD GOVT CLUB
WAL-MART STORES INC. PAC FOR RESPONSIBLE GOVERNMENT
WASTE MANAGEMENT EMPLOYEES BETTER GOVERNMENT FUND
WESTERN SUGAR COOPERATIVE POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
WESTERN UNION COMPANY POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
WINDSTREAM POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
WOLVERINE PAC
WOOLSEY, LYNN C. VIA WOOLSEY FOR CONGRESS
WU, DAVID VIA DAVE WU FOR US CONGRESS
XCEL ENERGY EMPLOYEE POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE (XPAC)
ASSOCIATED GENERAL CONTRACTORS OF AMERICA POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTE
HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN PAC
SIERRA CLUB POLITICAL COMMITTEE

disorderlyvision
09-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Index of Rep. Ben Lujan's staff, past and present

Ayala, Miguel A
Baca, Terri N
Conn-Catechis, Jennifer
Day, Christopher
Duran, Patrick

Farouk, Shiloh
Garcia, Paul C
Garcia, Pamela
Herrera, Jennifer
Jones, Andrew D

Maki, Daniel
Munoz, Sharmyn M
Neubauer, Christopher J
Nicastre, Mark C
Ramirez, Angela K

Sultan, Eliza
Trujillo, Aaron J
Valencia, Peter J Jr
Villarreal, Patricia Lee
West, Tracy M

Displaying salaries for time period: 01/01/09 - 03/31/09

Ayala, Miguel A 03/01/09 03/31/09 Congressional Hispanic Caucus Executive Director $5,000.00
Baca, Terri N 01/06/09 03/31/09 Legislative Assistant $9,263.90
Conn-Catechis, Jennifer 01/12/09 03/31/09 District Director-New Mexico $16,677.77
Day, Christopher 01/12/09 03/31/09 Field Rep-Santa Fe Nm $7,680.56
Duran, Patrick 02/13/09 03/31/09 Field Representative $4,666.67
Farouk, Shiloh 02/01/09 03/31/09 Part-time Employee $2,500.00
Farouk, Shiloh 01/26/09 01/26/09 Paid Intern $208.33
Garcia, Pamela 03/04/09 03/31/09 Las Vegas Nm Field Rep $2,250.00
Garcia, Paul C 01/06/09 03/31/09 Scheduler/Executive Assistant $11,805.56
Herrera, Jennifer 02/13/09 03/31/09 Constituent Liaison $4,000.00
Jones, Andrew D 02/01/09 03/31/09 Legislative Director $7,388.89
Maki, Daniel 01/13/09 03/31/09 Part-time Employee $3,250.00
Munoz, Sharmyn M 01/12/09 03/31/09 Field Representative $6,583.33
Neubauer, Christopher J 01/09/09 03/31/09 District Assistant/Case Manager $10,250.00
Nicastre, Mark C 01/05/09 03/31/09 Communications Director $13,138.88
Ramirez, Angela K 01/06/09 03/31/09 Chief of Staff $28,333.33
Sultan, Eliza 02/13/09 03/31/09 Part-time Employee $1,386.67
Trujillo, Aaron J 01/06/09 03/31/09 Legislative Correspondent $7,673.60
Valencia, Peter J Jr 01/06/09 03/31/09 Field Representative/Farmington Office., Nm $8,263.90 Villarreal, Patricia Lee 03/01/09 03/31/09 Congressional Hispanic Caucus Executive Director $333.33
West, Tracy M 01/26/09 03/31/09 Caseworker $5,416.67

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
nt

max
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM
keep it simple...

if the creep voted for the bailout....nail him on it non stop

james1844
09-19-2009, 11:21 AM
RPH,

A couple of things.

1) I agree with Bradley, its good you guys are getting serious.

2) You've got a PM with some ideas and questions.

Thanks,

James

dr. hfn
09-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Ben Lujan can be heavily attacked and slammed on where he gets his money from and from whom. We need to attack him hard and relentlessly.

newbitech
09-19-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=102842

looks like the opposition just votes yes for everything. does this guy have an opinion? or did he win on a "I'm not a republican" platform?

ronpaulhawaii
09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
RPH,

A couple of things.

1) I agree with Bradley, its good you guys are getting serious.

2) You've got a PM with some ideas and questions.

Thanks,

James

OK just got back last night... weak i-net in VF... Yes, looking at your PM now, will respond... Yes, G-Docs is the correct place for much of this... Working on it...

Thanks everyone

m

ronpaulhawaii
09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
DV - plz PM an email addy for access to the G-Docs - thanks :)