PDA

View Full Version : Need your help! - Writing a public records request to my council re: the guard tower!

Reason
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I have contacted my city council and found out that I can request the footage that has been recorded via the camera on the top of the military guard tower that we discussed in this thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209711

http://obrag.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/coptower2.jpg

They will have 10 days to respond once my request is formally issued in writing.

They do not know what will/won't can/can't be released and said the city attorney would have to figure that out once he receives the request.

I am unsure as to if I should request any and all footage that has been recorded with the camera on top of the tower because that might be deemed unreasonable if it is a massive amount of footage?

Anyways, any suggestions for how I should write/word my request would be appreciated.

expendibleater
09-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Just send them a letter requesting that you be given all video, audio and still footage [specify format (mp4, wmv, etc.) and media (ie. CD, DVD, etc)] taken from all towers in San Diego County.

They will then get back to you with an estimated cost of replicating this and a time/place where you can pay and collect it.

If their District Attorney gets involved, just tell him you are prepared to enter into a Writ of Mandamus, this is a legal maneuver that forces the politicians to comply with your FOIA request.

PS. Can't wait to see the footage on Youtube. I bet your county also has RPV's flying around taking pics as well. All that video and photography can be FOIA'd as well.

Reason
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Just send them a letter requesting that you be given all video, audio and still footage [specify format (mp4, wmv, etc.) and media (ie. CD, DVD, etc)] taken from all towers in San Diego County.

They will then get back to you with an estimated cost of replicating this and a time/place where you can pay and collect it.

If their District Attorney gets involved, just tell him you are prepared to enter into a Writ of Mandamus, this is a legal maneuver that forces the politicians to comply with your FOIA request.

PS. Can't wait to see the footage on Youtube. I bet your county also has RPV's flying around taking pics as well. All that video and photography can be FOIA'd as well.

thx! :)