PDA

View Full Version : Alex Jones attacks Glenn Beck

Elwar
09-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Alex Jones open letter to Glenn Beck:

Glenn Beck,

It is important to preface this letter by highlighting the fact that I do not attack people lightly and have defended you in the past when Van Jones was calling for you to be fired. I fully support your right to free speech.

It cannot be denied that you – Glenn Beck – are an extremely talented radio and television host and you have a magnetism and a proficiency of public speaking that draws people in and maintains their interest. However, being a novice history buff I am also painfully aware of the fact that Benedict Arnold was, like you, a talented individual – he was also a traitor.

History is what matters and being on the right side of history is what’s important when it comes to the legacy we leave on this planet. You don’t want people to look back on you as a Benedict Arnold, as a traitor to America. You don’t want people to look back on you as a media whore, as playing the role of being loyal opposition to sucker legitimate and growing grass roots opposition to the new world order.

Your agenda is to put out a dual message – to discredit and polarize the conservative movement to the benefit of the establishment left and the elite. Your bizarre and clownish antics of fake crying, which you proved were staged when you replicated them on demand for a GQ photo shoot, are doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that the conservative right is insane.

Your entire 9/12 project has nothing to do with uniting America and everything to do with reinforcing neo-conservative rhetoric about how we should relinquish our rights and accept the police state because terrorists want to attack us and Saddam Hussein has WMD’s and yellowcake.

Continued...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/open-letter-to-glenn-beck-by-alex-jones.html

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/e107_images/banners/garyjohnsonbanner.jpg (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com)

Elwar
09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Glenn Beck will respond to this letter in one of three ways:

1. He will ignore it.
2. He will call Alex Jones crazy.
3. He will play the victim and say that he's being attacked from the extremes from the left and the right, calling on your strength to help him through these tough times (along with a few tears).

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/e107_images/banners/garyjohnsonbanner.jpg (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com)

Reason
09-16-2009, 10:29 AM
The two greatest destructive forces against the liberty movement.

They are both professionals when it comes to mixing legitimate with illegitimate in a massively successful campaign of getting the majority of people to immediately associate "conspiracy theories and bullshit fear mongering" with intelligent liberty topics.

Sad.

InterestedParticipant
09-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Spy vs. Spy

The Deacon
09-16-2009, 10:39 AM
The two greatest destructive forces against the liberty movement.

They are both professionals when it comes to mixing legitimate with illegitimate in a massively successful campaign of getting the majority of people to immediately associate "conspiracy theories and bullshit fear mongering" with intelligent liberty topics.

Sad.

I'm afraid that they are damaging as well.

Yieu
09-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Your agenda is to put out a dual message – to discredit and polarize the conservative movement to the benefit of the establishment left and the elite. Your bizarre and clownish antics [snip], are doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that the conservative right is insane.

dot dot dot :o

muh_roads
09-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I thought this was fairly spot on without sounding like a wacko

Yieu
09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
I thought this was fairly spot on without sounding like a wacko

While that's probably correct, there are some points that could be said about Alex in there as well, which made it a bit awkward.

ScoutsHonor
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
the two greatest destructive forces against the liberty movement.

they are both professionals when it comes to mixing legitimate with illegitimate in a massively successful campaign of getting the majority of people to immediately associate "conspiracy theories and bullshit fear mongering" with intelligent liberty topics.

Sad.

+100

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't know how to respond to this. I wasn't aware about mercury in some vaccines until I heard it from Alex Jones. I even saw a news report a few months after learning of this in support of mercury in vaccines, saying it may help a child's memory.

The Deacon
09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
The thing is, I mostly agree with his sentiments in this video. It's just that when he dips into the conspiracy stuff, it really hurts.

expendibleater
09-16-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/773464d710.jpg

jmdrake
09-16-2009, 11:32 AM
The thing is, I mostly agree with his sentiments in this video. It's just that when he dips into the conspiracy stuff, it really hurts.

There are segments of the population that would never have turned to the liberty movement if not for the "conspiracy stuff". One is my black muslim barber. People assume that the "conspiracy stuff" only hurts, when that is not in fact the case.

That said, for me consistency is the most important thing. I didn't know before Alex's attack that Beck had supported the bailout and had said that we needed even more money! While some might be "pleased" to see Beck's flip flopping (He's coming over to our side! :rolleyes:) it makes me queasy. I'm waiting for Beck to say "I was wrong as hell to support X, Y and Z and I'm sorry for it." Love him or hate him, AJ is consistent. He's was just as against Clinton as he was against Bush and he is against Obama.

ScoutsHonor
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM

Glenn Beck,

It is important to preface this letter by highlighting the fact that I do not attack people lightly and have defended you in the past when Van Jones was calling for you to be fired. I fully support your right to free speech.

It cannot be denied that you – Glenn Beck – are an extremely talented radio and television host and you have a magnetism and a proficiency of public speaking that draws people in and maintains their interest. However, being a novice history buff I am also painfully aware of the fact that Benedict Arnold was, like you, a talented individual – he was also a traitor.

History is what matters and being on the right side of history is what’s important when it comes to the legacy we leave on this planet. You don’t want people to look back on you as a Benedict Arnold, as a traitor to America. You don’t want people to look back on you as a media whore, as playing the role of being loyal opposition to sucker legitimate and growing grass roots opposition to the new world order.

Your agenda is to put out a dual message – to discredit and polarize the conservative movement to the benefit of the establishment left and the elite. Your bizarre and clownish antics of fake crying, which you proved were staged when you replicated them on demand for a GQ photo shoot, are doing nothing but reinforcing the stereotype that the conservative right is insane.

Your entire 9/12 project has nothing to do with uniting America and everything to do with reinforcing neo-conservative rhetoric about how we should relinquish our rights and accept the police state because terrorists want to attack us and Saddam Hussein has WMD’s and yellowcake.

I heard Alex's show when he was speaking about this, and he stated (admiringly) "you are a GOOD ACTOR." Hmmm...

paulitics
09-16-2009, 11:43 AM
The lesson is this. Take what you can from both of these guys but only trust yourself. Beck is Murdoch's agent, AJ who knows??

Most good propaganda is at least 75% truth. The mind numbing propaganda that is on network news is at a 5th grade level. You know American Idol zombies.

I choose the good propaganda for info, but am aware of it's tactics to mix a small amount of B.S with alot of truth. The small amount of B.S is toxic poison used to discredit the truth to the average guy who is watching network news for info or only casually paying attention to politics. The toxic posion can take the form of AJ dressing up like the joker acting crazy, or GB crying for no reason.

Pretty amazing system when you think about it. Read all you can about propaganda.

Annihilia
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
While some might be "pleased" to see Beck's flip flopping (He's coming over to our side! :rolleyes:) it makes me queasy.

With respect to this, I think there are some people here who are simply clinging to the remaining vestiges of their past political orientations.

MRoCkEd
09-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Did he have to use that shitty video taking things out of context? Just go after him on dissing 9/11 truthers. Because other than that, Glenn is pretty good.

jmdrake
09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Did he have to use that shitty video taking things out of context? Just go after him on dissing 9/11 truthers. Because other than that, Glenn is pretty good.

Ok. Please explain the context of Glen Beck saying that he was for the bailout. Was he just being sarcastic? Because I can think of no other way to excuse such inexcusable behavior. How can he "lead" a movement that is against something he supported?

Annihilia
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM

Glenn Beck Trivia:

Q. Who is the mayor of Crazy Town?

A. ןnɐd uoɹ

qh4dotcom
09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Bump

purplechoe
09-16-2009, 02:39 PM
It's very obvious to me that Alex Jones is racist!!!

FSP-Rebel
09-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Whether or not Jones supports Rand's upcoming moneybomb will determine his true stripes.

paulitics
09-16-2009, 03:06 PM
It's very obvious to me that Alex Jones is racist!!!

I think he is bigoted towards clowns myself.

eOs
09-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Spy vs. Spy

=]

tonesforjonesbones
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Boy people sure are jealous of Glenn Beck's popularity. tones

purplechoe
09-16-2009, 05:00 PM

yes, it keeps me up at night sweethart... :rolleyes: Do the rest of us a favor and go read a book besides the bible. :rolleyes: purple

Captain America
09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok. Please explain the context of Glen Beck saying that he was for the bailout. Was he just being sarcastic? Because I can think of no other way to excuse such inexcusable behavior. How can he "lead" a movement that is against something he supported?

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U&feature=player_embedded)

we should all call his show tomorrow and ask about this and alex jones

Bucjason
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
YouTube - Conspiracy Kook Alex Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYW0qicPMCA&feature=channel_page)

rajibo
09-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Glenn Beck Trivia:

Q. Who is the mayor of Crazy Town?

A. ןnɐd uoɹ

Learning how to type upside down in these forums may be the most useful thing I can learn from this thread.

How'd you do that?

Captain America
09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
YouTube - Conspiracy Kook Alex Jones (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYW0qicPMCA&feature=channel_page)

"oh yes errr!"

God, I love Alex Jones

Flash
09-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Breaking it down, lets look at Alex Jones' record:

-- Almost caused a nation-wide panic durring the Y2K incident.
-- Attacked Bill Cooper 8 years after his death and called him a 'dead drunk.'
-- Teased for a week that he would make the biggest announcement in his 14 years of broadcasting. All this ended up to be was a fake charlie sheen--Obama interview with the disclaimer mysteriously removed for over an hour. Alex claims the servers magically cut off the 'disclaimer' part of his post. And it took over an hour to fix it...

Peace&Freedom
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Let's look at THE MAJORS of the Jones record, not the hit team's minor talking points:

--Identified all the elements of the emerging martial law state since the nineties (including RFID laden IDs, NAU, et al), when NO ONE else in the media was talking about it.

--Properly identified (with Gary North) worst case scenarios with Y2K, probably helped avert most of them by publicizing the risks ahead of the witching hour, when others were avoiding doing so.

--By emphasizing universally-acceptable sourcing (government and major media admissions) elevated the tone and standard of conspiracy/cover-up reportage beyond the mere speculation level of his predecessors (Cooper et al).

--Early/earliest voice in exposing 9/11 as a false flag operation, building an entire movement.

--Early/earliest voice in DOCUMENTING the reality of Bohemian Grove, Bilderberg, and other elite activity via direct video reportage (again, beyond speculation level).

--Early/earliest supporter of modern in-your-face street theatre (since evolved into We Are Change, 9-11 Truth street advocacy) to effectively confront corrupt political leaders.

-- Produced 24 different documentaries and encouraged a alternatve form of wide distribution (web postings, mass copying and handout of disks, etc) to circumvent MSM blackout. This in turn provided the template for other grassroots efforts to spread alternative info effectively (Paul 2008, tax truth, end the Fed, etc)

--Interviewed Ron Paul repeatedly for a decade PRIOR to 2007, giving Paul his only major exposure outside of LRC.

--Prompted listeners to provide early money to Ron Paul's PEC in early 2007, which Paul admitted mostly came to his candidacy from the Jones audience, and without receiving he would not have proceeded to run.

--Helped develop the second major money bomb with his guest/Jones listener Trevor Lyman in an on the air brainstorming session in Nov. 2007. The resulting Dec 16 2007 bomb yielded a record-breaking $6 million in single-day donations.

--broke the MIAC and other secret government reports that confirmed the attempts to link Ron Paul and even mainstream LP activity to violent extremism.

How can all this possibly be confused with the neocon efforts of Glen Beck to sabatoge pro-liberty momentum? The liberty movement has grown tremendously via Jones' approach and leadership role. Those who have a personal dislike of "shake, rattle and roll" efforts at constructively rattling the establishment, have focused on sniping at his style and minor missteps, to the exclusion of honoring his accomplishments. What have they done in comparison, compared to the above?

jmdrake
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

I despise anybody that publicly pushed for the bailout. (Bush, Obama, McCain, Palin, Cornyn etc.) Please explain to me why I should make an exception for Glenn Beck? Has Beck ever apologized for supporting the bailout? If yes please provide a reference. If no then how can you trust him? More importantly how can you question the motivation of those who don't? Like I said in another thread. There must be a patriot version of battered wife and/or Stockholm syndrome.

Bucjason
09-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I despise anybody that publicly pushed for the bailout. (Bush, Obama, McCain, Palin, Cornyn etc.) Please explain to me why I should make an exception for Glenn Beck? Has Beck ever apologized for supporting the bailout? If yes please provide a reference.

Sure no problem. Here's Beck against the bailouts:

YouTube - Ron Paul: Bailouts NOT constitutional on Glen Beck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M806u1brf2I)

jmdrake
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Sure no problem. Here's Beck against the bailouts:

YouTube - Ron Paul: Bailouts NOT constitutional on Glen Beck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M806u1brf2I)

You're missing the point. That's Beck post election position! After Obama won all of a sudden he's against bailouts. So? That doesn't change the fact that 6 months ago he was singing on an entirely different sheet of music. Obama has all of a sudden realized illegal immigrants should get Obamacare either. I don't trust Obama and I don't trust Beck.

Bucjason
09-16-2009, 08:30 PM
The date of the video is 9/18/08 ...so Bush was still in office.

emazur
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
You're missing the point. That's Beck post election position! After Obama won all of a sudden he's against bailouts. So?

I haven't watched that video yet but actually it's dated sept. 20 '08, plenty of time before the election

edit: buc beat me to it

jmdrake
09-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I haven't watched that video yet but actually it's dated sept. 20 '08, plenty of time before the election

edit: buc beat me to it

Fair enough. But not enough time to derail McLame. And I'm still waiting for an explanation for Beck's change of heart.

emazur
09-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Fair enough. But not enough time to derail McLame. And I'm still waiting for an explanation for Beck's change of heart.

In this video from Aug. '08 Beck states that both parties have lousy candidates (including McLame). Jillette recommends Bob Barr, and Beck seemed open to it (in an interview from I think March '08 Beck was mostly in agreement with Wayne Allyn Root).
YouTube - Penn Jillette Talks Ron Paul, Barr on Glenn Beck 08/20/2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kj119RjlWI)
I'm defending Glenn here, but I'll also take a shot at him b/c he said after the election he wound up holding his nose and voting for McCain (probably b/c Palin was on the ticket. Yes he has an obvious Palin bias and everyone knows it).

What made him change his mind? Well I think he already had libertarian leanings in some areas, but the financial collapse and the subsequent talks w/ Schiff I think caused him to sever ties w/ the GOP.

Romulus
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
This whole jones vs beck is a waste of time - both are good and bad in their ways but they're too pig headed to work together on common bonds, instead they'll fight over differences.

Sound familiar?

Its the false left vs right paradigm. They are just repackaging it and it's working. The cell is dividing.

Don't be fools people. Stick to the issues.

expendibleater
09-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Dividing the movement.

Endgame
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
This is coming from this man???

YouTube - Alex Jones- The Army Follows Me Around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydbu7yDgtd0&feature=related)

justinc.1089
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
You guys are acting just as dumb as all those idiots that scream for bigger government, whether its in the form of more government in foreign countries through war, or through more government here through domestic programs and stuff.

They're wasting their time just trying to force their opinions on someone else by basically screaming them as loudly as possible, because there is no substance to support their opinions because they're not debating anything of substance to start with.

And thats exactly what this is, a topic without any substantial importance to it. Honestly, WHO CARES what you think about Beck! How is that helping to get the Fed audited, or anyone elected to Congress or the Senate?!

Seriously! Get over Beck! If you like him, watch him, thats fine, you don't have to tell everyone here he's awesome because some people WILL disagree. And those that don't like him, then just DON'T watch him! And don't start arguments about it either!

Saying Beck said this so he does lie or anything similar to that accomplishes about as much as saying O'Reilly lied, he is not actually fighting for liberty because he said he wants more war, or Jones lied because he just put some fluff article about a celebrity on his site. What is all that accomplishing? Nothing.

Stop wasting time arguing about Beck and get to doing something that will actually make a difference for the country. Or at the very least talk about something worth talking about, not just another political talk show host.:rolleyes::mad:

TheConstitutionLives
09-18-2009, 01:19 PM

Glenn Beck,

Continued...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/open-letter-to-glenn-beck-by-alex-jones.html

Jones is an attention whore.

Peace&Freedom
09-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Jones is an attention whore.

No, Jones leverages publicity stunts to achieve things comparable to the MSM's influence, without having their budget or reach. Intelligently using the mainstream's own momentum against them is not being an attention hog, it's taking advantage of them in order to draw more attention to the message.

As for Beck, I don't watch him, nor should anybody here until he specificly APOLOGIZES FOR BASHING PAUL SUPPORTERS WHEN IT MOST MATTERED. Listening to him given his track record is like being a woman who is with an unrepentant batterer, but keeps going back to him.

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
It's almost disturbing how fervently people are defending Glenn Beck and Alex Jones..

ForLiberty-RonPaul
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
It's almost disturbing how fervently people are defending Glenn Beck..

no joke, both men are radio talk show hosts for god sakes. who gives a crap about either of them?

if two monkeys are throwing feces at each other, do you get involved or stand back and laugh?

FreeTraveler
09-20-2009, 01:40 PM
pot meet kettle

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
I'll at least give Alex Jones credit to exposing the real puppetmasters behind the scenes, the Rothchilds, Rockefellers and the whole Banking Cartel. Regardless of his overall wackiness and attention-seeking, he at least has done that.

All Glenn Beck does is have a little board where he tapes up pictures and goes "Oh! Look look! His father was a communist! He must be a socialist!". And then complains that Obama is destroying America like it's a new thing instead of talking about how its been going on for almost 100 years now.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-20-2009, 04:54 PM
I am playing the Hope Card.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2612/hopecard.png