PDA

View Full Version : Having fun with other candidates supporters on Myspace.

smdesignworks
09-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok, I am doing it regardless if anyone helps out or not, it will be fun.

The idea is, I have created a Ron Paul Myspace Theme (http://www.smdesignworks.com/blog/?p=32).

Ok, I know your thinking, "great so what". The idea is I control all the images on the file, so if you are lazy and just copy all the code from the myspace then it still links to the images on my server.

The idea, is to make myspace themes for all the other presidential candidates and put them on a "Presidential Myspace Theme Site" which I will create and host. Once it gets popular and gets a bunch of hits and people start using the themes, which they will, especially nice looking themes. By giving them the Myspace codes for the layout and no images, I will still remain in control of the images which will be linked off my server and all I have to do is go and replace those images on my server after a while with Ron Paul supporter ones. Free Advertising.

I just would like someone to help out with the creation of themes for other candidates since I will be building the actual site, well using a Wordpress.org self hosted CMS will make it easy, but making a bunch of Myspace themes could take some time. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Also, I can rework the themes after they have been built so after a month when I switch them to Ron Paul images, the new ones on the web page I built with the presidential myspace themes will be downloaded by a new batch of people who are assuming they are also downloading Hillary and Obama themes and as it gets more popular I can start making the switch more often.

This would reach tons of people and also cause a lot of talk.

Just an idea that popped in my head. I am going to start today on the Wordpress site, and build the page today, then slowly start adding themes, if anyone wants to help, please post in here or email me at Admin@smdesignworks.com.

:)

ronpaulyourmom
09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Don't do this, you'll only hurt us, not to mention it's just a little mean. :)

mavtek
09-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I like that idea!

Phil M
09-29-2007, 02:39 PM
How will this help get Ron Paul elected president?

Phil M
09-29-2007, 02:40 PM
This would reach tons of people and also cause a lot of talk.

A lot of negative talk.

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I understand and all, but I think it will just ensure they will never consider voting for Dr. Paul, even if their candidate drops out of the race.

Your decision, but I really wish you wouldn't do it.

goldstandard
09-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Sure will have the opposite effect.

steph3n
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I like the idea of a myspace theme, but probably not the "slamming" or "bait and switch"

brumans
09-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Is there anyway to just get that banner type thing in the very top left corner ("Ron Paul Supporter. Revolution 2008.") to add to your myspace?

smdesignworks
09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't see how it would hurt the campaign, I won't break ground on it till I hear more feedback, but seriously, I really don't see it hurting the campaign.

DahuiHeeNalu
09-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Can u give me the code to get the top banner...PLEASE my myspace is sorta island,political and i would very much like to add that top banner in PLEASE!!!

smdesignworks
09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Is there anyway to just get that banner type thing in the very top left corner ("Ron Paul Supporter. Revolution 2008.") to add to your myspace?

Brumans,

You can find the solid background Ron Paul Myspace Banner here. (http://www.smdesignworks.com/blog/?p=23)

Or, a transparent Ron Paul Myspace Banner (http://www.smdesignworks.com/blog/?p=28), in case you have a background image and want it to look cooler, I guess, but it loads a little slower due to a filter that needs to be applied for IE6 since it won't display transparent PNG files.

The transparent one appears on the left, and the solid one appears on the right, if you want them different let me know and I can quickly alter the code for you.

enter`name`here
09-29-2007, 03:03 PM
I think this would cause significant 'blow back'.

smdesignworks
09-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Also, if you haven't seen this article regarding a image switch on John Mccains site, check it out, its pretty funny.

http://mike.newsvine.com/_news/2007/03/27/633799-hacking-john-mccain

brumans
09-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Brumans,

You can find the solid background Ron Paul Myspace Banner here. (http://www.smdesignworks.com/blog/?p=23)

Or, a transparent Ron Paul Myspace Banner (http://www.smdesignworks.com/blog/?p=28), in case you have a background image and want it to look cooler, I guess, but it loads a little slower due to a filter that needs to be applied for IE6 since it won't display transparent PNG files.

The transparent one appears on the left, and the solid one appears on the right, if you want them different let me know and I can quickly alter the code for you.

The transparent one works and looks great! (i have a background image)

EVERYONE should have this on their myspace.

smdesignworks
09-29-2007, 03:11 PM
Well I could always pull a image switch, so for example on Hillary Clinton's top banner, it would just have her name, then switch it so it says " Hillary Clinton - Voted for more War Funding again! " or something to that effect.

Wow, I never thought so many people would think it was a bad idea, are you not thinking of the demographic on myspace? Its not like Grandma is going to be upset, obviously if you support another candidate besides Paul your either confused or an idiot. Like the people that are voting for Obama because they think he is "hip" or people voting for Hillary because they "liked Bill" yet know nothing about the guy and all the crap he pulled.

TechnoGuyRob
09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
NO. DO NOT DO THIS.

DO NOT.

IMAGINE IF YOU SUPPORTED RON PAUL, AND SOME GIULIANI SUPPORTER DEFACED YOUR MYSPACE ACCOUNT WITH GIULIANI PROPAGANDA. WOULD IT LEAD YOU TO LOOK MORE INTO GIULIANI, OR JUST IGNORE AND HATE HIM AND HIS SUPPORTERS?

PLEASE. DO NOT.

EDIT: Unless...unless you put a .htaccess on the image files so they're PHP files, and then the Ron Paul image is only showed once in twenty page views, and NOT to the IP (or even the first two or three octants of the IP) that downloaded the theme (i.e., not to the MySpace account's owner).

DahuiHeeNalu
09-29-2007, 03:18 PM
im looking the banner in the middle i tryed im'ing u on iam but i guess ur busy

OptionsTrader
09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
My opinion: I don't like it one bit.

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Well I could always pull a image switch, so for example on Hillary Clinton's top banner, it would just have her name, then switch it so it says " Hillary Clinton - Voted for more War Funding again! " or something to that effect.

Wow, I never thought so many people would think it was a bad idea, are you not thinking of the demographic on myspace? Its not like Grandma is going to be upset, obviously if you support another candidate besides Paul your either confused or an idiot. Like the people that are voting for Obama because they think he is "hip" or people voting for Hillary because they "liked Bill" yet know nothing about the guy and all the crap he pulled.

I'm sorry. This is a very bad idea. All it's going to do is tick them off. If you want to help Paul, then campaign for him on your own accord. Don't invade others' spaces to do that. Think about it. It's not what Dr. Paul stands for at all.

AstroSamurai
09-29-2007, 03:23 PM
NO. DO NOT DO THIS.

DO NOT.

IMAGINE IF YOU SUPPORTED RON PAUL, AND SOME GIULIANI SUPPORTER DEFACED YOUR MYSPACE ACCOUNT WITH GIULIANI PROPAGANDA. WOULD IT LEAD YOU TO LOOK MORE INTO GIULIANI, OR JUST IGNORE AND HATE HIM AND HIS SUPPORTERS?

PLEASE. DO NOT.

EDIT: Unless...unless you put a .htaccess on the image files so they're PHP files, and then the Ron Paul image is only showed once in twenty page views, and NOT to the IP (or even the first two or three octants of the IP) that downloaded the theme (i.e., not to the MySpace account's owner).

agreed, it might sound fine to people who are already supporters, but this is a terribly bad first impression to make about RP not to mention one contradictory to his principles, and will repel more people than it will attract tbh.

TheIndependent
09-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Don't do this, you'll only hurt us, not to mention it's just a little mean. :)

Exactly. CIVILITY is what sets us apart from the same people who've taken signs and stomped them onto the ground.

Taunting others is tantamount to doing the exact same thing the opposition has. Get cocky and see how many people you turn off from the campaign.