PDA

View Full Version : When pundits clash: Alex Jones open letter to Glenn Beck

Brian Defferding
09-15-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.prisonplanet.com/open-letter-to-glenn-beck-by-alex-jones.html

I'm no Alex Jones fan, but he is mostly right on this one.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
He's just jealous because people are watching Beck more than listening to his own radio show. :rolleyes:

Brian Defferding
09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Probably so, but he still has a point.

Natalie
09-15-2009, 03:19 PM
He's just jealous because people are watching Beck more than listening to his own radio show. :rolleyes:

No, Jones is making one hell of a point, read it if you have not yet.

He's not simply jealous.

Kudos to AJ for a fantastic letter.

edit: woops this is Josh on Nat's computer.

Theriot
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Meh, Ron Paul should isolate himself from Alex Jones. Makes him look bad.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm no fan of Jones, but I agree that Beck is not a libertarian in any way shape or form.

ClayTrainor
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Probably so, but he still has a point.

+1

No need to pay much attention to Beck or Jones, but we certainly need to educate their followers into active supporters of liberty :)

Flash
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Well to be honest, Alex Jones is the last guy in the world to play the "you said this" game. Let me remind you:

-- Jones deliberately sent millions of Americans into a panic durring the Y2K hysteria.
-- Jones referred to truth activist bill cooper as a "dead drunk"
-- Jones called John Gibson an "albino demon from hell" then a second later complained John gibson personally attacks him.

I don't think I even have to mention the Charlie Sheen "zOMG biggest announcement ever" controversy.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2009, 03:27 PM
No, Jones is making one hell of a point, read it if you have not yet.

He's not simply jealous.

Kudos to AJ for a fantastic letter.

edit: woops this is Josh on Nat's computer.

You're right. I did what I have said others have done. Commented before reading the entire article. :o

It is a good article. Although I wish someone other than AJ had written it.

Brian Defferding
09-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Flash - I completely agree with you. I don't think Alex Jones is great, or even good, but he does set the record straight with Glenn.

I wish RP supporters would distance themselves from Glenn Beck; he's not a "useful idiot", he's just an idiot, and a hypocritical one at that. I don't buy that he is "through" with the neo-con Republican Party, he's right up there snuggling with them.

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
ummmm.....isn't Dr. Paul going on Beck's show this week to talk about 1207, etc??

LibertyEagle
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
ummmm.....isn't Dr. Paul going on Beck's show this week to talk about 1207, etc??

His new book. I believe. Yes he is.

freedoms-light
09-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Glenn Beck put a knife in the back of the r3volution and all ron Paul supporters.
AJ was instrumental in giving Paul a boost early on when no one was donating.
AJ reached an audience which resonated with Dr. Paul, an audience that was willing to open their wallets and also work for Ron Paul. I learned of Paul by his AJ interview. At the time Alex's word supporting Paul was good enough to get me on board. I believe he brought a lot of the old "Patriot Shortwave Radio Folks" who were late in getting online. He gave RP the time of day and more back when few radio or tv folks would. I don't condemn Beck, just don't trust him any farther than my cat could throw him.

constituent
09-15-2009, 04:35 PM
that was great, wish they'd have proofread a little better though.

pacelli
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM

He nails Beck in the article (if he even wrote it), but I completely agree with your assessment. Jealousy, and perhaps a little regret that he didn't accept similar deals that he has reported receiving.

Sandra
09-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm not an AJ fan but that's a good letter.

dannno
09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Jealousy, and perhaps a little regret that he didn't accept similar deals that he has reported receiving.

Actually the article stated that he thanks God every night that he didn't accept those deals and instead gets to speak his mind. It gives him a lot more satisfaction than having a big audience funded by the globalist networks and having to talk about controlled topics.

FrankRep
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
There's good reason to be cautious about Glenn Beck. He's Mr. Constitution when the Democrats are in office, but lets see if he becomes Mr. Neocon when the Republicans take back power.

Cowlesy
09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
BlahBlahBlah <Giant Ad to buy my new movie> Blah "I was offered to be the next Rush Limbaugh"...

The thing is, Alex makes several great points, and frankly, I think he will be right unless Beck locks horns with the neo-cons. I don't think he will. There will be a crisis, and like Alex says, Beck will rally people listening to him to "fight for the good cause...we need to come together as Americans".

Alex makes another good point in the "how-much-is-enough" case. Beck signed a $50 million contract, and he's already quite wealthy. Even if Fox tossed him, he'd still be able to get his message out.

I think this is more an appeal to Alex's viewers than to Beck. Beck's ego is already bigger than the planet, and calling him "controlled opposition" or that he's lied....Beck isn't going to listen or acknowledge -- he doesn't have to -- he's got millions of viewers and listeners. However if Alex delivered a very "Let's work on stuff together" message, his hardcore viewers would turn on him. In this case, Alex is between a rock and a hard-place.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

TCE
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
BlahBlahBlah <Giant Ad to buy my new movie> Blah "I was offered to be the next Rush Limbaugh"...

The thing is, Alex makes several great points, and frankly, I think he will be right unless Beck locks horns with the neo-cons. I don't think he will. There will be a crisis, and like Alex says, Beck will rally people listening to him to "fight for the good cause...we need to come together as Americans".

Alex makes another good point in the "how-much-is-enough" case. Beck signed a $50 million contract, and he's already quite wealthy. Even if Fox tossed him, he'd still be able to get his message out.

I think this is more an appeal to Alex's viewers than to Beck. Beck's ego is already bigger than the planet, and calling him "controlled opposition" or that he's lied....Beck isn't going to listen or acknowledge -- he doesn't have to -- he's got millions of viewers and listeners. However if Alex delivered a very "Let's work on stuff together" message, his hardcore viewers would turn on him. In this case, Alex is between a rock and a hard-place.

Wouldn't it have been safer for Alex to not even send/write the letter?

Also, is there any proof of the "I was gonna be the next Rush Limbaugh" claim?

Athan
09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
how the heck did I double post this time? bleh... mods delete this please.

Athan
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Glenn Beck put a knife in the back of the r3volution and all ron Paul supporters.
AJ was instrumental in giving Paul a boost early on when no one was donating.
AJ reached an audience which resonated with Dr. Paul, an audience that was willing to open their wallets and also work for Ron Paul. I learned of Paul by his AJ interview. At the time Alex's word supporting Paul was good enough to get me on board. I believe he brought a lot of the old "Patriot Shortwave Radio Folks" who were late in getting online. He gave RP the time of day and more back when few radio or tv folks would. I don't condemn Beck, just don't trust him any farther than my cat could throw him.

AJ is a friend of the Ron Paul R3VOLution and Liberty does not forget her friends. The two should discuss this matter further privately first.

Number19
09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
It doesn't matter one wit what Beck believed or said in the past, or what he may say or believe at some point in the future. The simple fact of the moment is that he is being listened to by millions of people each week who are, today, being influenced in a direction which is positive for our movement.

In times of war, you take advantage of the opportunities which are presented to you.

I'd lay even odds that somewhere in The Art of War, Sun Tsu said the same.

WK1
09-15-2009, 09:33 PM
The letter is needlessly antagonistic. That is counter-productive.

He's right about Beck needing to drop the neocon bullshit, though.

dr. hfn
09-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Excellent letter that I hope Mr. Beck takes to heart.

mrchubbs
09-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Alex Jones is to Glenn Beck as....

Kanye West is to Taylor Swift.

All of them, drumming up controversy for more attention.

Alex Jones is nothing more than a more extreme version of Glenn Beck when it comes to self-promotion and ego. Both have the "LOOK AT ME!!" complex.

Personally, I'd rather listen to Beck, fake crying and all... than the Alex Jones melodramatic sensationalism.

ENJOY!

Romulus
09-16-2009, 10:13 AM

GB will ignore just like Sheen has been ignored by the MSM with their last stunt.

Lets face it, AJ's tactics are flawed. His style is confrontation. You don't win over hearts and minds with confrontation.

He needs to extent his hand and get a foot in the door on common bonds, only then can you change differences and broaded the movement.

His letter says to me that he cares more about AJ's empire and ego more than he does the liberty movement - whether that is intentional or not, its a fact and it's been reinforced a lot lately.

Thank you,
now who here can change my username. :):)