PDA

View Full Version : Since Arlo Guthrie's onboard... (Wilco)

fourameuphoria
09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, maybe this is a stretch, but hear me out: Nora Guthrie allowed a band called Wilco (www.wilcoworld.net) to make two albums of material worth of uncompleted Woody Guthrie songs. This will be a stretch, but can we play the association game to get Wilco onboard the campaign? As an obscure indie band who reached almost the mainstream level, I'm sure they can relate to the whole "underdog" thing. They had the massive WB corporation drop them for an album deemed too "uncommercial". Another label picked up their album, and it sold out the ass, and they became a massive success. It's pretty much the music industry equivelant of Michael Steele saying "For Ron Paul, it's done..."

Any thoughts?

LizF
09-30-2007, 04:33 AM
It couldn't hurt to try.

FWIW I like Wilco.

Ozwest
09-30-2007, 04:43 AM
Yeah... Get Wilco. Arlo would be even better.

deedles
09-30-2007, 05:58 AM
If someone could get Wilco,... then my friend the Wilco nut would get on board. Sad, but true. I love Wilco BTW

Arlo as well..

Wiserphil
09-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Arlo Guthrie? Where did you here this? Is it true?

Geronimo
09-30-2007, 09:39 AM
The thread title is a little misleading.

richard1984
09-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I love "Mermaid Avenue"--the Billy Bragg & Wilco album of Woody Guthrie songs. I haven't heard Vol. II, though.
It would be great to get Wilco on board!!! :D

TheIndependent
09-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Arlo Guthrie? Where did you here this? Is it true?

He donated yesterday as part of the race to $1M. Name came up, and his location was verified against Wikipedia as being the actual town where he lives.