PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Suggests People Will Don "White Hoods" If Wilson Not Rebuked

Cowlesy
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
I seriously do not like this Joe Wilson guy because of his voting record, but now we're full-fledged into the realm of absurdity.

Congressman Suggests People Will Don 'White Hoods' If Wilson Not Rebuked
In an obvious reference to the KKK, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., says that people will put on "white hoods and ride through the countryside" if emerging racist attitudes, which he says were subtly supported by Rep. Joe Wilson, are not rebuked. He said Wilson must be disciplined as an example.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15/congressman-people-don-white-hoods-wilson-rebuked/

catdd
09-15-2009, 12:02 PM
They're going to make a scapegoat out of the guy.

zach
09-15-2009, 12:09 PM

True.. I didn't think they would use the racism issue with this, but then again, it's too easy to not do so.

This could lead the way to political dissent of the administration being a 'racist attitude' and therefore, you must be re-educated.

I don't need to follow up on that.. :o

Cowlesy
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
We are now a circus idiocracy, both sides.

pcosmar
09-15-2009, 12:18 PM

I believe that it is going according to plan.
Obama was promoted (artifically) and elected to cause a reaction.
The media is playing it up, both sides.
TPTB are wanting a reaction, race is the "hot button", and every thing that happens is being tied to race. Whether it is or not.
They are looking for an excuse (any excuse) to loose the dogs. :(

I expect it to get ugly.

MsDoodahs
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM

What you mean "WE" kemosabe?

pinkmandy
09-15-2009, 12:21 PM

Or a martyr for the neocons.

JoshLowry
09-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Criticize Bush and you are anti-american or unpatriotic.

Criticize Obama and you are racist or part of the KKK.

Many of us get labeled with all of the above. How lucky are we? lolz

Cowlesy
09-15-2009, 12:32 PM
What you mean "WE" kemosabe?

Us burrito-wrapper-loving Amuuricuns.

http://davethinking.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/idiocracy_24.jpg

Joe: I'm the smartest guy in the world? Says who?
Secretary of State: The IQ test you took in prison. You got the highest score in history. Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 12:34 PM
It's not enough to just call someone a racist. These people had better start providing some evidence of it. If I were him I'd be demanding some evidence - or expect a defamatory lawsuit.

Eric Arthur Blair
09-15-2009, 12:37 PM
It's not enough to just call someone a racist. These people had better start providing some evidence of it. If I were him I'd be demanding some evidence - or expect a defamatory lawsuit.

Maureen Dowd's disgusting insinuation that Joe Wilson is a racist would land her in court in Britain

Nasty piece of work, Maureen Dowd. In the Barack Obama-worshipping New York Times over the weekend, she insinuated that Congressman Joe Wilson’s “you lie” outburst during the presidential address was inspired by racism:

The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!

“Boy”, of course, is how some whites used to address black subordinates, even if they weren’t young. Maureen tries to cover her ass by including the caveat “fair or not”. I wonder if the Times lawyers insisted on that, or whether she thought it actually made her suggestion less outrageous.

Either way, I can’t see a British newspaper lawyer allowing her to get away with that snide “boy”, or with this:

But Wilson’s shocking disrespect for the office of the president — no Democrat ever shouted “liar” at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq — convinced me: Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.

This isn’t a case of limey gutlessness. It’s to do with our legal requirement that if you accuse someone of a gross moral lapse, you have to prove your case. Dowd has just strongly implied that Wilson insulted the office of the president (and there’s no doubt that he did, and was right to apologise) because he’s a racist. Evidence? None that a jury over here wouldn’t throw out in five minutes.

Please, don’t give me that first amendment crap. The New York Times demands high enough standards of evidence when the target of a defamatory remark is a liberal. But Joe Wilson is fair game – not because he behaved so badly, but because the financially troubled “old gray lady” and her employees are still in the grip of Messianic delusions.

This might seem a mean thing to say about an old lady, but I really hope she croaks soon.

(The Times, that is, not Maureen Dowd.)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100009567/maureen-dowds-disgusting-insinuation-that-joe-wilson-is-a-racist-would-land-her-in-court-in-britain/

LibertyEagle
09-15-2009, 12:39 PM
It's just a stupid diversion.

SelfTaught
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
These accusations are getting ridiculous. Our media and government are filled with the most baffoonish and trifling idiots.

CUT THIS MONKEY-SHIT OUT!

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Maureen Dowd's disgusting insinuation that Joe Wilson is a racist would land her in court in Britain

Nasty piece of work, Maureen Dowd. In the Barack Obama-worshipping New York Times over the weekend, she insinuated that Congressman Joe Wilson’s “you lie” outburst during the presidential address was inspired by racism:

The normally nonchalant Barack Obama looked nonplussed, as Nancy Pelosi glowered behind.

Surrounded by middle-aged white guys — a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own men’s club — Joe Wilson yelled “You lie!” at a president who didn’t.

But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!

“Boy”, of course, is how some whites used to address black subordinates, even if they weren’t young. Maureen tries to cover her ass by including the caveat “fair or not”. I wonder if the Times lawyers insisted on that, or whether she thought it actually made her suggestion less outrageous.

Either way, I can’t see a British newspaper lawyer allowing her to get away with that snide “boy”, or with this:

But Wilson’s shocking disrespect for the office of the president — no Democrat ever shouted “liar” at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq — convinced me: Some people just can’t believe a black man is president and will never accept it.

This isn’t a case of limey gutlessness. It’s to do with our legal requirement that if you accuse someone of a gross moral lapse, you have to prove your case. Dowd has just strongly implied that Wilson insulted the office of the president (and there’s no doubt that he did, and was right to apologise) because he’s a racist. Evidence? None that a jury over here wouldn’t throw out in five minutes.

Please, don’t give me that first amendment crap. The New York Times demands high enough standards of evidence when the target of a defamatory remark is a liberal. But Joe Wilson is fair game – not because he behaved so badly, but because the financially troubled “old gray lady” and her employees are still in the grip of Messianic delusions.

This might seem a mean thing to say about an old lady, but I really hope she croaks soon.

(The Times, that is, not Maureen Dowd.)
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100009567/maureen-dowds-disgusting-insinuation-that-joe-wilson-is-a-racist-would-land-her-in-court-in-britain/

Nice post, George. ;) And yeah I saw that article. Dowd is a self-hating white trash liberal. How's THAT for first amendment rights?! :cool:

Todd
09-15-2009, 12:45 PM
" no Democrat ever shouted “liar” at W. when he was hawking a fake case for war in Iraq."

Maybe they should have Maureen. ;)

InterestedParticipant
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Naw, he was part of the scam (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209445). He's done this kinda stuff before.

So, how long before we see someone show up at a townhall or similar event wearing a a White Hood? 2-weeks?

You know all the media will be all over it. I wonder if they'll used someone associated with the RP campaign? You never know. But one thing I'm sure of, whoever does it will get paid to do it.

InterestedParticipant
09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Didn't we kick the POME's asses 200 or so years ago so we wouldn't have to be subjected to stupid laws like this. Let her say whatever she wants to, I'll support her Inalienable right to speech. But don't for one second try to curtail speech, no matter how stupid or offensive it might be.

Eric Arthur Blair
09-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't understand how libel law works in the US. How is it liberals get away with calling everyone they hate a racist? being called a racist is as bad as being called a pedophile or a murderer, actually it's a lot worse. I'm all for freedom of speech but that does not give you a right to defame someones character when there is not a shred of evidence to back such claims up.

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I believe that Wilson is a willing sacrificial lamb for the NWO. He is willing to sacrifice his seat and his reputation and take the castigation of the left, and put his family and friends through hell. Yep! Makes sense to meeeeee........

More likely he had just come from 10 townhall meetings (fact) where he was inundated by angry and alarmed constituents who kept questioning Obama's credibility, and he just boiled over and shouted out an accusation. It wasn't good form, but it wasn't planned - gimme a freakin break!

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Didn't we kick the POME's asses 200 or so years ago so we wouldn't have to be subjected to stupid laws like this. Let her say whatever she wants to, I'll support her Inalienable right to speech. But don't for one second try to curtail speech, no matter how stupid or offensive it might be.

Free speech doesn't include libel. You should know that.

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't understand how libel law works in the US. How is it liberals get away with calling everyone they hate a racist? being called a racist is as bad as being called a pedophile or a murderer, actually it's a lot worse. I'm all for freedom of speech but that does not give you a right to defame someones character when there is not a shred of evidence to back such claims up.

They are very careful about how they frame their accusations. That's how they get away with it.

InterestedParticipant
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Yea, its a civil matter. Hence, Wilson has gotta take the bitch to court and prove that her comments could not be substantiated, and then he can get some money as damages if he wins. But because this turkey is a public figure, a politician, his burden of proof is really really high, making it very tough to prove that her comments would be seen by another member of the public as slander. He is going to have to prove that it is reasonable for an ordinary member of the public to conclude that the comments were false.

You know who did a lot of work in this area was Hustler Magazine owner Larry Flynt, when he was sued by Jerry Falwell for slander. Flynt showed cartoons in his magazine depicting Falwell as a "Mother Fucker"... and I mean literally. Flynt won the case, because the depiction was sooo outlandish that the court determined no one would believe it, hence, it was seen as a parody and NOT slander.

Cowlesy
09-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I believe that Wilson is a willing sacrificial lamb for the NWO. He is willing to sacrifice his seat and his reputation and take the castigation of the left, and put his family and friends through hell. Yep! Makes sense to meeeeee........

More likely he had just come from 10 townhall meetings (fact) where he was inundated by angry and alarmed constituents who kept questioning Obama's credibility, and he just boiled over and shouted out an accusation. It wasn't good form, but it wasn't planned - gimme a freakin break!

Thank you. He probably had a few beers at dinner beforehand and got a little too rambunctious in the session. Now, he's going to make the most of it and raise a sh*t-ton of money for being a retard.

MsDoodahs
09-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Now, he's going to make the most of it and raise a sh*t-ton of money for being a retard.

Brawndo.

lol...

ShowMeLiberty
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
They are very careful about how they frame their accusations. That's how they get away with it.

Ohhh yes... case in point - this lovely little bit from NPR this morning: Is Race A Factor In Protests Of Obama Initiatives? (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112839248)

I don't know if there is some secret agenda behind it, but all these false charges of racism are making me angrier all the time. Isn't it enough that the people of this country are so deeply divided by political ideology? Must skin color be dragged into it as well? If I get labeled a racist one more time, I'm afraid my head might explode.

Eric Arthur Blair
09-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Yea, its a civil matter. Hence, Wilson has gotta take the bitch to court and prove that her comments could not be substantiated, and then he can get some money as damages if he wins. But because this turkey is a public figure, a politician, his burden of proof is really really high, making it very tough to prove that her comments would be seen by another member of the public as slander. He is going to have to prove that it is reasonable for an ordinary member of the public to conclude that the comments were false.

You know who did a lot of work in this area was Hustler Magazine owner Larry Flynt, when he was sued by Jerry Falwell for slander. Flynt showed cartoons in his magazine depicting Falwell as a "Mother Fucker"... and I mean literally. Flynt won the case, because the depiction was sooo outlandish that the court determined no one would believe it, hence, it was seen as a parody and NOT slander.

not worth his time so. I'd love to see this tactic take a beating it would really disarm the left.

Deborah K
09-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Ohhh yes... case in point - this lovely little bit from NPR this morning: Is Race A Factor In Protests Of Obama Initiatives? (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112839248)

I don't know if there is some secret agenda behind it, but all these false charges of racism are making me angrier all the time. Isn't it enough that the people of this country are so deeply divided by political ideology? Must skin color be dragged into it as well? If I get labeled a racist one more time, I'm afraid my head might explode.

I don't like it either. But when someone pulls that crap on me I force the issue and they back off. As to your article:

WILLIAMS: Exactly right, Renee. I mean, he's been portrayed as the media darling, treated as the so-called, quote, "messiah," by so many in the press, and therefore in the opinion of many conservatives, not properly scrutinized, that many of his policies and actions have simply been accepted. And now the conservative argument is that they're being censured, that any criticism of President Obama is being treated as evidence of racism without any evidence of such.

I've always liked Juan Williams. He's a classical liberal imo. And a class act. Even though I don't agree with him.

tangent4ronpaul
09-15-2009, 01:28 PM
hmmm - and Hank Johnson is black - what a surprise....

-t