PDA

View Full Version : CNN Hit Piece: Tea party movement has anger, no dominant leaders

bobbyw24
09-15-2009, 04:54 AM
Tea party movement has anger, no dominant leaders

No one on the tea party express seems concerned with the vocal fringe of the crowds that come with offensive signs -- besides Nazi imagery, a poster of Obama as an African witch doctor has become popular -- or the numerous conspiracy theories that float around most tea parties.

In Battle Creek, Michigan, a woman in her 60s says, "I really don't want to be a guinea pig for the experiment they have with the population control." In Canton, Ohio, a woman argues with an Obama supporter: "He's going after our kids to try to indoctrinate them into a national defense army."

The Tea Party Express tour has been free of violence, but occasional outbursts of vitriolic hatred toward the president combined with some menacing outward appearances often overshadow the more moderate tea partyers. iReport.com: Weigh in on health care

In Louisville, Kentucky, two young men in camouflage fatigues roamed the crowd trying to recruit new members for their militia called the Ohio Valley Freedom Fighters. They bear signs reading "AK-47s: today's pitchfork" and "Quit worrying. Start your militia training today."

In Jackson, Michigan, a young man didn't need a sign. He was carrying the real thing: A loaded AK-47 assault rifle and two loaded handguns.

"I don't want a revolution. I don't want a civil war," he said. "But it is a possibility. It's there as an option, as a last resort."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/12/tea.party.express/index.html?iref=newssearch

Stary Hickory
09-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Well the folks at a lot of Tea Parties are into self governance. They don't need an emperor to tell them what to do.

LittleLightShining
09-15-2009, 06:16 AM
It's better if the movement has no leaders. No cult of personality can come from it that way.

Bruno
09-15-2009, 06:39 AM
Ideas don't need leaders.

MsDoodahs
09-15-2009, 06:51 AM
YAY for NO DOMINANT LEADERS!

Sheep need shepherds.

catdd
09-15-2009, 08:06 AM
They want a leader they can attack and blame everything on.

tremendoustie
09-15-2009, 08:46 AM
They want a leader they can attack and blame everything on.

Bingo. Decentralized efforts are better.

Screw CNN anyway, they're part of a dying breed. This is not 1970, and he's not Walter Cronkite. Everyone knows they're hacks with agendas these days.

constituent
09-15-2009, 08:52 AM
lol, there are clearly dominant leaders .

let's tick a couple of them off:

dick armey, sean hannity, glenn beck, there's a few for ya.

constituent
09-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Bingo. Decentralized efforts are better.

Screw CNN anyway, they're part of a dying breed. This is not 1970, and he's not Walter Cronkite. Everyone knows they're hacks with agendas these days.

So was cronkite, I recommend watching his discovery channel 8 part special in which he shills relentlessly for world government (particular the section about the nazi-trials and "setting precedent for the founding of a global system of justice.")

tremendoustie
09-15-2009, 08:56 AM
So was cronkite, I recommend watching his discovery channel 8 part special in which he shills relentlessly for world government (particular the section about the nazi-trials and "setting precedent for the founding of a global system of justice.")

Oh, sure. But most people didn't know it then. What's changed isn't the hackery, it's the knowledge. Although the hackery probably has also gotten more blatent ...

jkr
09-15-2009, 09:08 AM
cause thats what we need, a DOMINATE LEADER...