PDA

View Full Version : YAL Hosts Bachmann/Paul-Paul/Bachmann town hall Sept. 25 in Minnesota

Knightskye
09-15-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.yaliberty.org/node/12502

https://www.yaliberty.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/fullsize/images/Jeff_Frazee/sth-email_1.jpg

Was it there, or at the University of Michigan where people held up dollar bills and set them on fire?

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be interesting.

WK1
09-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Bachman is a whack job. Why are we associating with her?

FSP-Rebel
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Cause she's easy on the eyes.

amy31416
09-15-2009, 11:28 AM

She's been attending Ron Paul stuff for a while now and is allegedly learning, possibly evolving.

She'll never have Paul's gravitas (for lack of a better word), but it'll be interesting to see what comes of this. I think that she's at least a sincere person.

Austin
09-15-2009, 02:07 PM

A buddy that I met at the YAL convention had this to say:

Gentlemen, may I remind you that this event is being held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the home state of Congresswoman Bachmann? She's been a supporter of HR 1207, the event is being held in her district's backyard, the topics are economics-related. It would be an insult not to include her.

At the YAL National Convention, we had discussed situations like this. Michelle Bachmann will not become our idol, Ann Coulter (who said she would vote for Ron Paul) will not be our favorite pundit, and Sean Hannity (who said Ron Paul was a genius in economics) will never agree with us completely.

But never turn away help when the cause is liberty.

Essentially, we are taking advantage of the Michelle Bachmann as a vessel. She, along with her audience, is pretty good when it comes to economics. With Paul speaking at this event, he will win over some of the economic libertarians and turn them into true libertarians. So while we have the opportunity to convert them on issues of social policy and foreign policy, there is no way in hell they are going to convert us.

It is my opinion that we have to stop preaching to the choir if we hope to make our ideology in a game-changer in politics, at the same time it is incredibly important that we do not water down our message in the meantime.

I think this event accomplishes the former and stays away from the latter, which is exactly what we need.

Todd
09-15-2009, 02:18 PM

You know... I keep hearing that, but all I've seen posted of her around here on the House floor seems pretty pro liberty.

She doesn't sound wacky to me at all.

YouTube - Congresswoman Bachmann - No Health care for the disabled July 27, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJw_afakZI)

tron paul
09-18-2009, 09:52 PM

This is the best explanation I've heard:

I'm in D.C. today and I tired of people on this site complaining and not doing anything. Waaaa they are Neo-Cons there I WONT GO!!!

I went. I passed out 300 HR1207 flyers, saw one End the FED signs and shirts for every 10 people. I spread the message of killing the FED and the price of our wars. There were a good number of us there today.

Maybe instead of just sitting on your asses complaining about these people being neo-cons, you should help convert them. Stop waiting for Dr. Paul to speak do try to do it himself.

Knightskye
09-18-2009, 11:31 PM

Citation needed.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
09-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Welcome to the forum

emazur
09-25-2009, 03:37 AM
bump

BenIsForRon
09-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Bachman is a whack job, but because this is her district, we should allow her to speak.

As long as we don't send her on speaking tours with Dr. Paul, I'm cool with this.

Knightskye
09-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Bachman is a whack job, but because this is her district, we should allow her to speak.

As long as we don't send her on speaking tours with Dr. Paul, I'm cool with this.

Why's she a whack job, though?

FSP-Rebel
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Why's she a whack job, though?
My question as well.

torchbearer
09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
My question as well.

I don't remember the specifics, but i do recall reading a thread that showed she had a neo-con voting record prior to her "evolution".

Cowlesy
09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
A buddy that I met at the YAL convention had this to say:

Essentially, we are taking advantage of the Michelle Bachmann as a vessel. She, along with her audience, is pretty good when it comes to economics. With Paul speaking at this event, he will win over some of the economic libertarians and turn them into true libertarians. So while we have the opportunity to convert them on issues of social policy and foreign policy, there is no way in hell they are going to convert us.

It is my opinion that we have to stop preaching to the choir if we hope to make our ideology in a game-changer in politics, at the same time it is incredibly important that we do not water down our message in the meantime.

I think this event accomplishes the former and stays away from the latter, which is exactly what we need.

Great post.

Knightskye
09-26-2009, 04:59 AM
I don't remember the specifics, but i do recall reading a thread that showed she had a neo-con voting record prior to her "evolution".

Lol, that could've been mine. I made a thread about Paul's "Liberty PAC" endorsed candidates and their voting records.