PDA

View Full Version : What change do you hope for in a Ron Paul Presidentcy?

Perry
09-29-2007, 01:44 PM
We're all putting our faith and hope in Ron Paul to shape this nation to something that closer resembles what the founders intended but what exactly does that mean for you? First and foremost for me it means becoming a nation that leads by example & charity. All the positive influence this nation has had over the centuries has been because of this and not the heavy hand of militarism.
Secondly i would like to see the monopoly that is government subsidization of industry utterly crushed. Everyone in the world doesn't need healthcare coverage if prices are low and you can actually get in to see a standard practitioner instead of having to visit the emergency room for a sprained ankle. Look at the 1940's-50's. Were people screaming for healthcare? No because prices were decent so it didn't kill your wallet to visit a doctor.
I have many other reasons but to keep it short and sweet I'll leave it here and let others chime in.

What change do you hope for in a Ron Paul Presidency?

terlinguatx
09-29-2007, 01:48 PM

Daveforliberty
09-29-2007, 01:51 PM
One thing no one really seems to understand is that when Ron Paul says "we should set a good example," that is huge. If we are seen as a moral and compassionate country around the world, not only will less people hate us and more people want to emulate us, but there will be far less support and even resistance to people who want to do us harm.

And it's not just ending the military adventurism that will set the good example. If we stop forcing huge world bank loans and Halibuton/Bechtel contracts on third world countries, turning them into bankrupt slave states, freedom and prosperity really CAN rise up around the world.

We do exactly the wrong things to acheive "freedom around the world." You can't, can't, CAN'T do it at the point of a gun. You can do it by setting a good example, militarily, economically, and spiritually.

SeanEdwards
09-29-2007, 02:02 PM
My biggest hope is a radical change in U.S. foreign policy that moves us away from the globe-spanning militaristic empire we've become, and towards a non-interventionist, and somewhat inwards-looking state. I want the U.S. to become more like Switzerland, and less like Ancient Rome.

Ron Paul Fan
09-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Freedom, prosperity and peace! In the form of a new foreign policy that says we should mind our own business, defend this country, and defend our borders! Repeal the Patriot Act and restore habeas corpus. Get the government off our backs! Let the states take over education, abortion, gay marriage, drug legalization, etc. Repeal the 16th Amendment and get rid of the Federal Reserve, which can only happen when we change our thinking of what the goal of government ought to be. Stop policing the world, don't nation build, don't invade countries in the middle east for oil. So basically, have a humble foreign policy, lower taxes, lower spending, open up the free market, and restore all of our freedoms that have been taken away recently.

DahuiHeeNalu
09-29-2007, 02:54 PM
1) Bring The Troops Home
2) Get Rid Of Patriot Act I & 2 (Restore The Constitution)
3) End THE WAR ON DRUGS
4) End The IRS & INCOME TAX
5) I Look Forward to being able to fly and american flag proud and say im a American with FREEDOM i honestly am grown but i will cry on this day of Happiness!!

Syren123
09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
1. Removal of troops from Iraq
2. Change in Foreign Policy stance on intervening in other states and pouring out billions in foregin aid
3. Repeal of the Patriot Act
4. Sensible reforms to prevent Illegal immigration, such as, removing the welfare incentive
5. Leave abortion up to the states, as federalism dictates
6. Scale back the war on drugs and the hundreds of billions it has wasted

This is my starter list as well.

giskard
09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Abolish the FED!!! All else will follow.

Richie
09-29-2007, 03:58 PM
I was thinking the other day. If Paul gets elected, imagine how overwhelming it would be for the first few months (or years). There's just so much to repair. I hope he knows the appropriate place to start.

ChooseLiberty
09-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Cut off all money and aid to israel.

Removal of AIPAC and other zionist lobbies.

:D

ChooseLiberty
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh and stop interference in the free market in world markets including oil producing countries.

:D

hard@work
09-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the people in my city working hard on rebuilding our lives. From the way we allow our local and national politics go unnoticed, to the environment around us and the need for reconstruction of the cities delapidated areas. A real entrepreneurial revolution from handling the homeless problem, to pollution in our beaches, to transportation problems.

I'm looking forward to a free market where we are able to get this done without corporate interference. The return of the American spirit and the true American dream.

dsentell
09-29-2007, 05:06 PM
I want all the things everyone has already mentioned but

Number one with me is PUT A STOP TO THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION, THE NEW WORLD ORDER AND THE SUPERHIGHWAY.

In other words, I want President Paul to save the USA!

dsentell
09-29-2007, 05:07 PM
Man, doesn't that sound good .....

President Paul!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

ape
09-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm looking forward to him letting california handle it's own affairs with regards to prop 215. I hope he checks spending also which is out of control along with working to get rid of alot of bogus trade agreements. I know he's going to be using that mythical veto pen that we never seen in action.