PDA

View Full Version : Obama speaking now (on CNN) - Promises further consolidation of financial power

Bryan
09-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Just listen for 10+ minutes on CNN- all talk of more regulation to prevent another meltdown. Says he loves free markets but wants to do everything possible to subvert them.

amy31416
09-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Whatever came of his declaration that he wants to give the Fed *more* power?

Bryan
09-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Whatever came of his declaration that he wants to give the Fed *more* power?

He's talking it up now. For one he says he wants some new over sight agency to keep tabs over, well, probably all the financial institutions (the Fed, banks, the Treasury, etc). Sounds a bit like the Department of Homeland Security for finance-- maybe they'll call it the Department of Financial Security, lol. :rolleyes:

amy31416
09-14-2009, 10:42 AM
He's talking it up now. For one he says he wants some new over sight agency to keep tabs over, well, probably all the financial institutions (the Fed, banks, the Treasury, etc). Sounds a bit like the Department of Homeland Security for finance-- maybe they'll call it the Department of Financial Security, lol. :rolleyes:

How much more out of touch could he possibly be? Over half the Congress want to give the Fed a closer look, 70-75% of the public do and he's pimping more power and more government.

He's even losing the liberals, I guess that's the upside.

Elwar
09-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Obama has become a predictible speaker...

Now, I think X is a good thing....BUT....I think we should do (opposite of X).

Now, I think the Constitution is a great document and it's great that people fought for it and all...BUT...that doesn't play well into my plans of being dictator of the world.