PDA

View Full Version : In or ON?

Sarge
09-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Was this a bad choice of words by the reporter? Chip in bag?

http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com/article.asp?id=64116&nav=20

Going through there this week. Will this become the new norm?

The electronic tag on the outside, for tracking should be good enough.

MelissaWV
09-14-2009, 02:18 PM
It seems rather contradictory. The picture indicates a tag outside the bag, but the article claims the tag goes inside the luggage. I don't particularly like it either way. Seriously... fix your procedures, and you won't have lost bags. No RFID required.

Bruno
09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I lost a bag once and asked where it was scanned last, so they could help find out where it went.

"We don't scan them, we have no way of knowing where your bag is until someone calls us or sends it on."

Nice.

Another time my bag was put on a flight ahead of me to my final destination. It had been waiting there shoved off to the side for hours by the time I arrived in baggage claim. Wtf?

Sarge
09-14-2009, 02:43 PM
We have not had problems with the outside bar code tags. I agree no chip in the luggage.

They you have to check where they put the chip after a flight.

Zippyjuan
09-14-2009, 04:44 PM
If at all possible, I try to take just enough to get into a carry on bag. It makes air travel so much easier. No checked bag fees. No long lines to check in your bag(s). Once you land- straight to your transportation- no waiting for your luggage to (hopefully) arrive at the terminal (and finding that spot). On my trip home, I can be about in my house by the time I would have left the airport if I had to check baggage and pick them up.