PDA

View Full Version : Why I Support Adam Kokesh

Liberty Hound
09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
When you fight a war there is one rule you always follow, and that rule is "you never leave a soldier behind." I would like to edit that rule just a bit. For our purposes I would like the rule to say "you never leave a patriot behind." Before I get into the message I want to share, I need to express my support for Peter Schiff and Rand Paul. These two will be a GREAT improvement to the atrocity we have in Washington today. I have donated to both of their campaigns and will continue to do so when my very limited funds allow.

But what I really want to get to is my man Adam Kokesh. I think Adam was described best in an article in the Santa Fe Reporter written by Dave Maass. Dave described Adam Kokesh like this:

"If Ron Paul were 50 years younger, ripped, handsome and a Marine veteran of the Fallujah campaign in Iraq, he’d be Adam Kokesh."

I am extremely happy that Peter Schiff and Rand Paul are getting such great support but I have to ask my fellow liberty lovers to not leave a patriot behind. Adam Kokesh is not independently wealthy. He hasn't had a job that pays a large salary. He has even made a pledge to not accept the average congressional salary but rather he will only take the average American salary. So if you believe you should never leave a patriot behind, or even in Adam’s case it works to say never leave a soldier behind, I urge you to support Adam Kokesh in any way possible.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-13-2009, 12:13 PM
When you fight a war there is one rule you always follow, and that rule is "you never leave a soldier behind." I would like to edit that rule just a bit. For our purposes I would like the rule to say "you never leave a patriot behind." Before I get into the message I want to share, I need to express my support for Peter Schiff and Rand Paul. These two will be a GREAT improvement to the atrocity we have in Washington today. I have donated to both of their campaigns and will continue to do so when my very limited funds allow.

But what I really want to get to is my man Adam Kokesh. I think Adam was described best in an article in the Santa Fe Reporter written by Dave Maass. Dave described Adam Kokesh like this:

"If Ron Paul were 50 years younger, ripped, handsome and a Marine veteran of the Fallujah campaign in Iraq, he’d be Adam Kokesh."

I am extremely happy that Peter Schiff and Rand Paul are getting such great support but I have to ask my fellow liberty lovers to not leave a patriot behind. Adam Kokesh is not independently wealthy. He hasn't had a job that pays a large salary. He has even made a pledge to not accept the average congressional salary but rather he will only take the average American salary. So if you believe you should never leave a patriot behind, or even in Adam’s case it works to say never leave a soldier behind, I urge you to support Adam Kokesh in any way possible.

Great post. Be sure to donate to Adam on Sept. 30. ;)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129591974861

josh.schisler
09-13-2009, 01:12 PM
There should be no apprehensions to support Kokesh now that the tax issue has been dealt with.

KCIndy
09-20-2009, 12:24 PM
There should be no apprehensions to support Kokesh now that the tax issue has been dealt with.

No offense, but I was/am supporting Adam regardless of the tax issue. The Liberty movement is, IMHO, in desperate need of candidates like Adam who aren't afraid to speak their mind and tell the truth in a bald, stark, and stirring fashion.

Can you imagine the reaction of the general public after a few kickass speeches by Adam on the floor of the House? Whether they love him or hate him, at least the general public might be slapped awake enough to start caring about today's issues!

dr. hfn
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Adam Kokesh, Rand Paul, and Peter Schiff are our top Liberty candidates this election cycle. We must give them our all. Like the grassroots trainer at the C4L Conference said, "you must cause them pain in the election cycle and not just in the legislative season or they will know you are firing blanks" and also "to be politically respected you must be politically feared".

LETS GIVE THEM HELL!

lx43
09-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Welcome Liberty Hound!!!

justinc.1089
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Adam Kokesh, Rand Paul, and Peter Schiff are our top Liberty candidates this election cycle. We must give them our all. Like the grassroots trainer at the C4L Conference said, "you must cause them pain in the election cycle and not just in the legislative season or they will know you are firing blanks" and also "to be politically respected you must be politically feared".

LETS GIVE THEM HELL!

I think Harris has a much better chance than Kokesh personally, but I'm not discouraging supporting Kokesh at all, I'm ENcouraging supporting Harris too!

I'm not as sure, but I also think Visovski in SC MIGHT be one of our best as well, IF he was well funded. But we would need to decide if he was worth having a moneybomb for before we did that. I think its a possibility he is fully worth it, but I would want other people's thoughts first.

randolphfuller
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
I agree with you about Harris having a better chance than Kokesh, because Adamm's district in New Mexico is so ovwhelmingly Democratic. Harris is very bashful about his opposition to our Imperialist wars, I suppose because he is aware of how devoted his Baptist/Republican electorate in this Oklahoma District to these wars and war in general. If he could win the primary though, he should be able to win the general election From that standpoint he is preferrable to Kokesh.

vegelibertarian
09-21-2009, 10:33 AM
I agree with you about Harris having a better chance than Kokesh, because Adamm's district in New Mexico is so ovwhelmingly Democratic. Harris is very bashful about his opposition to our Imperialist wars, I suppose because he is aware of how devoted his Baptist/Republican electorate in this Oklahoma District to these wars and war in general. If he could win the primary though, he should be able to win the general election From that standpoint he is preferrable to Kokesh.

I see where you're coming from, but keep in mind Adam doesn't have a primary challenger yet, so he hopefully can spend all his resources on the general. His opponent is also one of the weakest public speakers ever, and most people know he's only where he's at because of his father's position. Finally, there are a lot of fiscally conservative and pro-gun democrats in NM that might switch parties if they had a principled candidate to vote for.

It's too early to say for sure, but my feeling is that Adam has just as good a chance as RJ.

justinc.1089
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I see where you're coming from, but keep in mind Adam doesn't have a primary challenger yet, so he hopefully can spend all his resources on the general. His opponent is also one of the weakest public speakers ever, and most people know he's only where he's at because of his father's position. Finally, there are a lot of fiscally conservative and pro-gun democrats in NM that might switch parties if they had a principled candidate to vote for.

It's too early to say for sure, but my feeling is that Adam has just as good a chance as RJ.

Wow thats awesome!

If I keep hearing so many good things about Kokesh's run I think I'm going to start believing we're about to have an upset there!

We would get lots of media attention and attention from the party too if he wins in a district that is supposedly safe for the democrats....