PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Pundits Declare Joe Wilson a Racist

Cowlesy
09-13-2009, 08:33 AM
I am sick of hearing about Joe Wilson because I don't agree with most of his views. He smacks of a big government, love war republican to me.

However, I despise MS-NBC, and everyone's favorite, David Shuster (the 10th Amendment is a bunch of bologna guy).

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/09/11/msnbc-hosts-rep-joe-wilson-white-southern-racist

Clip on the site. Some context below.

According to MSNBC’s David Shuster on Friday, South Carolina Congressman Joe Wilson shouting ‘you lie’ to President Obama was racism on display: “The fact that Joe Wilson is from South Carolina...it strikes a lot of people as awfully close to the idea that maybe there was some sort of racist or bigoted element there.”

Shuster went on to add: “And especially then when you look up at the picture and you see older white men, all Republicans, sitting there. Just it gives off a strange vibe.” On Thursday, Shuster claimed that Republicans were: “...all white males with short haircuts. They look sort of angry. No women, no minorities, and it looks like they’ve sort of become unhinged.”

So all you South Carolinians, if you're Conservative (the "C" word as Reverend Jackson calls it), you're by default a racist and bigot. --- just FYI

ClayTrainor
09-13-2009, 08:34 AM
MSNBC plays the race card on a daily basis, i guess?

Cowlesy
09-13-2009, 08:36 AM
MSNBC plays the race card on a daily basis, i guess?

When you can't fight with facts....

amy31416
09-13-2009, 08:37 AM
When you can't fight with facts....

Yep.

zach
09-13-2009, 08:41 AM
it takes one to know one.

angelatc
09-13-2009, 08:49 AM
So all you South Carolinians, if you're Conservative (the "C" word as Reverend Jackson calls it), you're by default a racist and bigot. --- just FYI

What Joe Wilson Ought To Say. (http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2009/09/im-sorry.html)

More at the link.

I am sorry that I am from South Carolina. It really isn’t my fault that I am from South Carolina, but if that offends you in any way, I am sorry.

I am sorry that I speak with a Southern accent. That is how my mother raised me, but if that offends you, I am sorry.

Bruno
09-13-2009, 09:02 AM
The list is very short of things you can say against this administration without being labled a racist

ItsTime
09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Im trying to boycott msnbc sponsors but I cant get a list! I dont have msnbc haha

If you know the sponsors of hardball and oblerman please post them here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209050

South Park Fan
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Does anyone even watch MSNBC anymore?

sluggo
09-13-2009, 10:37 AM
David Shuster is the asshole who called Ron Paul a "crackpot" for stating that the Civil War should have been avoided.

Bill Kristol said the same thing, except on FOX.

kahless
09-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Does anyone even watch MSNBC anymore?

Despite both getting crushed by FNC, MSNBC is beating CNN in prime time. Not that it matters because CNN is almost as bad as them. What is worrisome is that MSNBC does appear to have a following so there are people out there eating up the never ending propaganda.

Freedom 4 all
09-13-2009, 10:47 AM
"Obama, while the greatest single human being in existance, fails to qualify as God as he is a mortal man"

MSNBC: OMG U SAID OBAMA NOT GOD U IZ RACIST!!!!

brandon
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Where does it end? This shit makes me sick.

cheapseats
09-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Because WE HAVE FREE SPEECH IN AMERICA and also because it is true, it is not necessary to be a racist to say that Barack Obama is a Liar. That's what I freely, candidly, Truthfully call him . . . Lyin' Barack Obama.

He never heard Jeremiah Wright make incendiary remarks? Gimme a fuckin' break.

Rezko? The sleazy real estate deal by which the upwardly mobile Obama's acquired their swanky Chicago digs? Everything on the up and up? Not buyin' it.

His mother had a kid with a Black Muslim, IN THE SIXTIES. When that man split, Barack Obama's mother defied odds AGAIN by hooking up with ANOTHER Muslim, whereupon she betook Barack Obama to largely Muslim Indonesia for, oooh, ten or so years. But Barack Obama was raised with no religious identification. No siree, clean spiritual slate he had when he "found" Christianity, roughly concurrent with becoming a Community Organizer. Not buyin' that claptrap, either.

Obama didn't know that Blagojevich was peddling favors, when Blagojevich's ratings were in the toilet with everyone except Black voters, who still posted a 40% approval rating? Umm, er, ah . . . BULLSHIT.

The promise to run a publicly funded campaign if his opponent would? Out.The.Window.

No lobbyists will work in his Administration? Whopper.

He plagiarized Governor Deval Patrick, period.

Liars lie. It's what they DO.

If a person will lie about one thing, they WILL lie about other things. The misfortune of those who continue to deal with Known Liars is that one can never be sure of anything = Mind Fuck = demoralizing + dispiriting + exhausting >> what's-the-use-you-can't-fight-City-Hall Resignation. Read that, acceptance of Bullshit.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I am sure that if the President was a white male Democrat, Joe Wilson would fully and unconditionally support him. :rolleyes:

cheapseats
09-13-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm not afraid of Racists. I'm afraid of Cowards.

Unless Joe Wilson's next-to-immediate apology ran along these lines:

I regret my outburst in that setting, owing to my sustained and absolute respect for the offices we hold. I lost my temper, and for that I apologize. But I spoke Truth.

Joe Wilson is either a Weenie or he is Controlled Opposition.

KAYA
09-13-2009, 04:57 PM
There is no doubt to a fair and reasoned mind, that the true racist and bigots are on the left.

AdamT
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Yawn.

Liberty Star
09-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm no fan of Wilson but MSNBC has become pretty much loyal mouthpiece of Dem party. They are as partisan as it gets and lately going to shamefull lengths to defend Obama policies. Good news is few people watch it.

Aratus
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
JOE WILSON IS FROM S.C --- semi~factoid

talk was made of Gov. Sanford's 2012 run --- gossip

Strom Thurmond was over 100 years old and a U.S senator --- factoid

Joe Wilson's early years politically say much about his amibtions and aspirations --- IMOHO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Aratus pauses & seyz so...

Is Joe Wilson as racist or more racist than either Strom Thurmond or John C. Calhoun?
Joe Wilson was an aide to the late Strom Thurmond and went into the G.O.P when he did.
Joe Wilson perhaps might be more of a bigot than was John Quincy Adams and yet at the same time
he just might be less of a social snob than were the immediate relatives & decendants of John & Abigail Adams...

Joe Wilson could be less biggotted right now than were Woodrow Wilson, Harry S. Truman
and Lyndon Baines Johnson. he just might be a tad less racist in his public speaking
than were Andrew Johnson, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln.

Joe Wilson could be more ambitious in terms of where
he is situated in the political universe than our same said late wise potuses.
Just because he's from South Carolina, did we assume he is MORE racist or bigotted than his upbringings?
Barack Obama knows he set an Anti-D.C bar rather high for all future 1600 Penn Ave contenders...
Barack Obama knows Sarah Palin is also a likewise adroit & connected newbie to D.C!
Potus Obama's people know that lobbyist money found their Mr. Sanford...
Our historic social meme internet aspected Potus sees this all...

Are we all just playing out a talking head
media maven's game? sorta...???

maybe...? IMOHO...??

If...

Aratus
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
strom thurmond got elected

the first time because he

survives d-day. trust me.

this is a factual statement.

Aratus
09-15-2009, 09:42 AM
i think joe wilson should apologize for preston brooks repeatedly hitting charles sumner
with a cane after the senate turns and stares in horror. joe wilson should then talk about
what his own outburst is about. i admit george w. bush has lowered our political expectations...

mczerone
09-15-2009, 09:48 AM
On Thursday, Shuster claimed that Republicans were: “...all white males with short haircuts. They look sort of angry. No women, no minorities, and it looks like they’ve sort of become unhinged.”

Yeah, because it isn't blatant stereotyping and collectivism to say "all Republicans" are white men. Michael Steele and Sarah Palin? Michelle Bachman and Martin Luther King Jr.? Do those people not matter when you are being incendiary?

Obama infuriates people because of his political stances and maneuvering. The fact that he has a different pigmentation to his skin is a non-issue except as far as everyone must tip-toe around it, lest they be labeled a racist by MSNBC.

Liberty Star
09-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Wilson should turn the tables on these media attack dogs. He should go to a Cheney speech and make sure press is there and at some point when Cheney is making some questionable claim, just yell out "you lie" with cameras in position so MSM sees it too.
These MSM pundits will suddenly lose their tongue and never dare call Wilson such names again.

Problem solved, distraction ended.

dannno
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Why won't the press deal with the issue of whether the President was lying or not FIRST?!!

Jeremy
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
“...all white males with short haircuts. They look sort of angry. No women, no minorities, and it looks like they’ve sort of become unhinged.”

I wonder how Republican congresswomen / minorities feel about that...

InterestedParticipant
09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
I said that this is where this story is going a week ago when I posted in the Wilscon 'You Lie' Heckle was Pre Arranged thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2310224).

So more information about the staged event comes to light today as the media reveals its purpose. Congressman Wilson was queued to shout exactly when Obama said that people were lying that the bill would give free care to undocumented immigrants (they're just called immigrants now instead of illegal aliens).

Today, the media is telling us that Wilson ONLY had a problem with this specific issue, namely, that the bill would give free healthcare to mexicans. So, Wilson is now not only being painted as one of the Townhall crowd, he is also being painted as a racist. So anybody that says Obama is lying is a racist... that the result of this.

This is exactly what they were doing with the Townhall events that were posted on Youtube, they were attempting to incite racial hatred so as to divide the public. This is just an extension of that same game.

Hence, the more information that is forthcoming, the more convinced I am that this entire event was planned and staged.

Liberty Star
09-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Why won't the press deal with the issue of whether the President was lying or not FIRST?!!

Some Republican Senator a day after had said that President was going by his bill, Wilson was looking at House version, both are not the same. Haven't see any further debate on that but I've not been folloing TV news closely. But you make a good point, why so little focus on substance of issue itself.