PDA

View Full Version : Are the highjackers...

ronpaulhawaii
09-12-2009, 09:25 PM
...shifting the debate away from the bailouts, to healthcare?

Healthcare is something easy to keep both sides charged up about, and at each others throats. The bailouts, OTOH, are something both sides can find agreement on. The bailouts is what first riled the slumbering giant and the last thing tyrants would want is for the people, united, staying focused on their con-game.

It has the added bonus of keeping the left from thinking about the war...

Hmmmm....

micahnelson
09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Ding Ding Ding.

eric_cartman
09-12-2009, 09:28 PM
i think the reason is that the bailouts are in the past (sort of). So since no company has got a "bailout" recently, no one is concerned about it anymore.... they're onto talking about other things. but i'm sure if another big company goes bankrupt and the government bails them out, i'm sure the main stream media will be talking about it again.

micahnelson
09-12-2009, 09:32 PM
The reserve continues to loan MASSIVE amounts of untraceable money. The bailouts continue.

Cowlesy
09-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure the shift in the debate was intentional, though I know that the Administration's pushing all this legislation at one time is DEFINITELY intentional, and the cynical side of me thinks they do so to confuse and divide.

I mean how does one feasibly cover all these topics, daily? Afghanistan ramp-up, Bailouts, Tariffs, Cap'n Tax, Healthcare, Illegal Immigation (coming prior to year end) --- all at once.

To me, the most threatening thing happening right now is the uprising in Afghanistan. The realist, not defeatist, position in my view is that we're never, ever going to stop the fighting there, and like Michael Scheuer, there is no justification for American soldiers to keep returning home in bodybags for the neo-cons' pipedreams of a stable democracy.

That should be the discussion at the dinner table in my opinion.

Conza88
09-13-2009, 07:15 AM

Healthcare is something easy to keep both sides charged up about, and at each others throats. The bailouts, OTOH, are something both sides can find agreement on. The bailouts is what first riled the slumbering giant and the last thing tyrants would want is for the people, united, staying focused on their con-game.

Hmmmm....

Hmmmm indeed

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-13-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure the shift in the debate was intentional, though I know that the Administration's pushing all this legislation at one time is DEFINITELY intentional, and the cynical side of me thinks they do so to confuse and divide.

I mean how does one feasibly cover all these topics, daily? Afghanistan ramp-up, Bailouts, Tariffs, Cap'n Tax, Healthcare, Illegal Immigation (coming prior to year end) --- all at once.

To me, the most threatening thing happening right now is the uprising in Afghanistan. The realist, not defeatist, position in my view is that we're never, ever going to stop the fighting there, and like Michael Scheuer, there is no justification for American soldiers to keep returning home in bodybags for the neo-cons' pipedreams of a stable democracy.

That should be the discussion at the dinner table in my opinion.

I would prioritize sound money at the top but Afghanistan is the graveyard of several empires.

amy31416
09-13-2009, 07:26 AM
In regards to the war, I sometimes read some lefty news sources because of the anti-war stuff and conservation/organic gardening things (I have to write a disclaimer, because there are those who would yelp "Commie!" at me), and I came across a pro-Afghan war piece by the lovely and talented Jane Harman.

Jane Harman, the congresswoman from CA who should have been investigated for treason for agreeing to help AIPAC spies.

I was glad to see that many of the lefties didn't buy it and a few commented on her anti-American activities. Then again, if the article were penned by Obama, they may not have been as critical.

angelatc
09-13-2009, 08:21 AM

Hmmmm....

Yes. In the original meetings the organizers requested that people not bring anti-Obama signage, because it wasn't about Obama.

Now I don't hear that any more.

ronpaulhawaii
09-13-2009, 09:48 AM
So, what can we do about it? How can we turn the attention back to the bailouts?

Healthcare outrage divides
Bailout outrage unites
It's the economy, people!!!

ItsTime
09-13-2009, 09:50 AM
So, what can we do about it? How can we turn the attention back to the bailouts?

Healthcare outrage divides
Bailout outrage unites
It's the economy, people!!!

Talk about how the health care bill is nothing but a form of bailout for big pharm and big hospitals?

constituent
09-13-2009, 01:55 PM
i don't know. maybe it has something to do w/ the ongoing legislative session, and the fact that there are no new bailout bills up for debate?

that might be it.

some deliberate conspiracy to divide and conquer the "freedom movement?" not really.

ronpaulhawaii
09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Conspiracy smearishy... Convenient to me...

I witnessed astro-turfing, up close and personal. I'm absorbing the experience... The people were uniting against the bailouts. It was non-partisan. ISTM, the quickest way to effect real change is to address issues we are united on. IOW - which dimwits decided to change the focus? And how dumb do people really think the people in charge of these things are?

constituent
09-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Conspiracy smearishy... Convenient to me...

I witnessed astro-turfing, up close and personal. I'm absorbing the experience... The people were uniting against the bailouts. It was non-partisan. ISTM, the quickest way to effect real change is to address issues we are united on. IOW - which dimwits decided to change the focus? And how dumb do people really think the people in charge of these things are?

Glad to see you're beginning to ask the right questions.

a little late by my reckoning, but better nate than lever ;).

have a good week.