PDA

View Full Version : what's so bad about ignoring laws of immigration, prostitution, and taxes?

muzzled dogg
09-12-2009, 07:32 PM
i almost signed up for ACORN

MRoCkEd
09-12-2009, 07:41 PM
lol

Dunedain
09-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Immigration indirectly causes taxes to increase. For example illegal immigration costs Texas about 4.7 billion every year...to say nothing of the costs of LEGAL immgration, to say nothing about the costs of ALL immigration to ALL states across the U.S. California is about to go bankrupt after all...a tried and failed diversity experiment. I suppose raising taxes will "solve" the problem.

Objectivist
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Actually the Trojan Horse approach might work.

Vessol
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM

There's a difference between supporting this and campaigning for those things and going beneath the law and breaking it.

If ACORN was for legalizing prostitution, relaxing laws of immigration, and getting rid of taxes, then they should have campaigned for that in the election and demanded it of a candidate.

For an example. It's like praising drug dealers. They benefit from the war on drugs, they make more money. And because they want to go around and break the law to sell drugs, you support them, because you think that drugs should be legalized. However, that drug dealer is not for legalizing drugs, not even close to it. So why support him? Support an end to the war on drugs instead.

Likewise, ACORN is not for legalizing prostitution and ending taxes.

TastyWheat
09-13-2009, 03:29 AM
I'm actually pretty split on this issue. I mean, I don't advocate anyone breaking any laws, no matter how stupid they are. On the other hand, this is an organization that receives federal funding and uses it to circumvent federal and state laws. I'm having a hard time not appreciating the irony.

james1906
09-13-2009, 08:43 AM
YouTube - Hustle and Flow- Its hard out here for a pimp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co0K_qSleXs&feature=related)

muzzled dogg
09-13-2009, 10:52 AM
lol that movie was straight