PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Freedom Movement Has No Leaders

clb09
09-12-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/12/tea.party.express/index.html

In Louisville, Kentucky, two young men in camouflage fatigues roamed the crowd trying to recruit new members for their militia called the Ohio Valley Freedom Fighters. They bear signs reading "AK-47s: today's pitchfork" and "Quit worrying. Start your militia training today."

In Jackson, Michigan, a young man didn't need a sign. He was carrying the real thing: A loaded AK-47 assault rifle and two loaded handguns.

"I don't want a revolution. I don't want a civil war," he said. "But it is a possibility. It's there as an option, as a last resort."

From the stage, Deborah Johns and Mark Williams never interact with most of these characters. Russo shrugs it off, saying that the early stages of every political movement have people like this.
advertisement

To Wierzbicki these troubling elements are just part of the price of a grassroots movement. He is convinced they will not derail the movement.

"The message will be moderated by the time it gets to 2010," he says.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
"The message will be moderated by the time it gets to 2010," he says.

Of course it will.

That is what the system does, it moderates, assimilates, negotiates, compromises and ultimately castrates and renders ineffective.

awake
09-12-2009, 03:45 PM
No leaders means they can not disrupt it.

constituent
09-12-2009, 03:50 PM
No leaders means they can not disrupt it.

This is true, but the assertion in the article that there are no leaders is patently false.

Who these leaders are, and where the "freedom movement" is being herded should be obvious enough. If it isn't, then it will do me no good to sit and spell it out.

Dionysus
09-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Honest reporting would say, "Has No Leaders Which We Wish to Acknowledge".

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O2pajSIi_Uw/RrkocnZWtnI/AAAAAAAADxk/bgaTUo6ehnY/s400/Ron-Paul-072907.jpg

pcosmar
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
"I don't want a revolution. I don't want a civil war," he said. "But it is a possibility. It's there as an option, as a last resort."

They don't have to buy a clue.
It has just been given for free.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2009, 05:40 PM
This is true, but the assertion in the article that there are no leaders is patently false.

Who these leaders are, and where the "freedom movement" is being herded should be obvious enough. If it isn't, then it will do me no good to sit and spell it out.

Yes, I think most would agree with you. Maybe that is a good reason why it's so important for us to continue to get out there and provide information to steer them towards liberty.

These people are low-hanging fruit. They're asking for answers.

mport1
09-12-2009, 05:57 PM
The whole point of liberty is to not have arbitrary leaders directing the actions of individuals.

constituent
09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
The whole point of liberty is to not have arbitrary leaders directing the actions of individuals.

Agreed.

constituent
09-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes, I think most would agree with you. Maybe that is a good reason why it's so important for us to continue to get out there and provide information to steer them towards liberty.

These people are low-hanging fruit. They're asking for answers.

Just steer the ship of fools away from me, all I ask.

good to see you, btw. hope you've had a chance to enjoy this early fall weather.

Dunedain
09-12-2009, 06:21 PM
According to FOX, Dick Army is running the freedom movements march to Washington. Who would have guessed the republicans loved freedom so much after all. ? :rollseyes

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/12/tea-party-express-arrives-march-washington-protest-government-spending/