are they gonna knock on 10,000 doors?

TheIndependent
09-29-2007, 11:56 AM
are they gonna knock on 10,000 doors?

The goal is 50,000.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 11:57 AM
The goal is 50,000.

and knowing RP supporters.. they probably won't stop there lol they're going to just...walk? a crowd of over 1000 people?

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Some pics in this link. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20979)

Cowlesy
09-29-2007, 12:06 PM
"Sources said the speech was filmed by supporters and that video clips would soon be turning up on YouTube and elsewhere."

What "sources" are the Free Market News Network guys using?

Any Ron Paul supporter could tell you that his speech was recorded, and that video clips would be turning up on Youtube. You know, like every single speech Ron does.

Thanks for the breaking update and scoop.

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Tis a great day to have youtube, metacafe, and other sources it is media for the people! Media when the MSM ignores the people.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:12 PM
There weren't 1000 people there. I just got back from it. There were 200 people tops.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 12:13 PM
There weren't 1000 people there. I just got back from it. There were 200 people tops.

that blew my spirit away

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:14 PM

That's BS.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:16 PM
That's BS.

Guys, don't overestimate these things.

They had a large area of the park marked off with signs, and the people fit into a small little area of it. The crowd was no more than 10 people deep in front of the stage they set up at any point.

I was disappointed at the size of the crowd. It's a beautiful fall day. I guess New Hampshire folks are just a little jaded by seeing so many candidate visits.

AlexAmore
09-29-2007, 12:17 PM

I was there from the very early morning setting up till the end and that's total BS and not even close.

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Guys, don't overestimate these things.

They had a large area of the park marked off with signs, and the people fit into a small little area of it. The crowd was no more than 10 people deep in front of the stage they set up at any point.

I was disappointed at the size of the crowd. It's a beautiful fall day. I guess New Hampshire folks are just a little jaded by seeing so many candidate visits.

Troll alert.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Troll alert.

I am not trolling. I was there. Produce a photo.

Maybe this is just one of those times where the optimistic people count every person 5 times or something.

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Wait, why are you back, why not out knocking on doors and making people AWARE?

torchbearer
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Maybe this is just one of those times where the optimistic people count every person 5 times or something.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20979

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Prove that you were there.

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:21 PM

I have a prior engagement in 30 minutes.

Johnnybags
09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

or so, of course an estimate. Way more than 200 but definitely not 2,000.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:23 PM

I brought my wife to the event so she could hear Paul speak. She's not a Paul supporter yet, and I was hoping to convert her. She certainly wasn't going to knock on any doors.

But to be honest, I wouldn't have canvassed either. I tried to sell magazines door to door for a school fundraiser once and it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I have a complex about knocking on doors now.

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I have a prior engagement in 30 minutes.
Tis fine, I understand and was not addressing you :)

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I brought my wife to the event so she could hear Paul speak. She's not a Paul supporter yet, and I was hoping to convert her. She certainly wasn't going to knock on any doors.

But to be honest, I wouldn't have canvassed either. I tried to sell magazines door to door for a school fundraiser once and it was one of the worst experiences in my life. I have a complex about knocking on doors now.

I don't know about the knocking on doors thing, you can do it without knocking by visiting people out mowing their lawn :D

Other point is valid, how was the progress on that front?

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20979

Yes, those pictures would pretty much match my experience. The wide shots down near the bottom of the sequence are taken from approximately the depth at which we were standing with our stroller - we were on the other side of the crowd.

What you have to realize is that those photos are pretty much from the BACK of the crowd. Behind that there would be open space for a while and then the guy with the big red beard and the guy at the "If you think NAFTA was bad, here comes FTAA" table thing.

It's just not 1000 people.

It looked like only a few people left at the end when we did, though, so maybe that whole crowd stayed to canvass.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't know about the knocking on doors thing, you can do it without knocking by visiting people out mowing their lawn :D

Other point is valid, how was the progress on that front?

She was a Dean person [we're Vermonters, and are a "mixed marriage" - Libertarian and Democrat] and her #1 issue is the war. I'm trying to convince her that Hillary won't stop the war. I'm getting there.

Joe Knows
09-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Here is a report from the Boston Globe.

Saturday, September 29, 2007
Paul shows that Romney is not the only one with a big
MANCHESTER, N.H. -- There are five presidential candidates in New Hampshire today, but few will be like a rally for Ron Paul.

At a large downtown park in Manchester about 250 people from several states gathered to hear Paul, meet 30 members of his family, and even sing a long to the official campaign song.

Mitt Romney's campaign is known for using his large family to aid in the campaingn, but Dr. Paul has five children, 18 grand-children and one great-grandchild of his own.

While introducing his father, Rand Paul, a Kentucky physician, pretended to take a phone call.

"Oh Rudy Giuliani how are you," Paul joked. "Oh what's that? You don't have any members of your family who want to campaign for you and you want to borrow ours?"

When Paul took the stage he was not speaking to a typical Republican audience. When he mentioned President Bush the crowd booed. The biggest applause lines were ones against the Patriot Act and, believe it or not, for eliminating the Federal Reserve.

After the rally his family members and supporters began to canvass neighborhoods on Paul's behalf.

Paul also held campaign stops in Henniker and Hanover.

Posted by James Pindell at 01:37 PM

Johnnybags
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Here is a report from the Boston Globe.

Saturday, September 29, 2007
Paul shows that Romney is not the only one with a big
MANCHESTER, N.H. -- There are five presidential candidates in New Hampshire today, but few will be like a rally for Ron Paul.

At a large downtown park in Manchester about 250 people from several states gathered to hear Paul, meet 30 members of his family, and even sing a long to the official campaign song.

Mitt Romney's campaign is known for using his large family to aid in the campaingn, but Dr. Paul has five children, 18 grand-children and one great-grandchild of his own.

While introducing his father, Rand Paul, a Kentucky physician, pretended to take a phone call.

"Oh Rudy Giuliani how are you," Paul joked. "Oh what's that? You don't have any members of your family who want to campaign for you and you want to borrow ours?"

When Paul took the stage he was not speaking to a typical Republican audience. When he mentioned President Bush the crowd booed. The biggest applause lines were ones against the Patriot Act and, believe it or not, for eliminating the Federal Reserve.

After the rally his family members and supporters began to canvass neighborhoods on Paul's behalf.

Paul also held campaign stops in Henniker and Hanover.

Posted by James Pindell at 01:37 PM

I thought the crowd was small because the park was fairly big. So I started a count based on 10 groups. I got to around 850.

Daveforliberty
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Looks like a lot more than 200 to me.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/015722.html

Paul4Prez
09-29-2007, 12:35 PM

The media always seem surprised to learn that there are people who actually think the Federal Reserve was a bad idea, unnecessary in a free country, and responsible for financial bubbles...

Johnnybags
09-29-2007, 12:36 PM

give or take. Certainly not 2,000 and certainly not 200. I spent 10 minutes rough counting.

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Oh God, I hope it's closer to 850. We really need a big bush in New Hampshire this weekend. We're running out of time.

AlexAmore
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
I thought the crowd was small because the park was fairly big. So I started a count based on 10 groups. I got to around 850.

It did have somewhat of an optical illusion factor.

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Including the people closer to the stage that can't be seen in this pic, this was about 1/8 of the size of the crowd.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/Geronimo1918/ronpaul055.jpg

Johnnybags
09-29-2007, 12:41 PM
It did have somewhat of an optical illusion factor.

usually gets around 1,000. Then I counted and assured myself it was reasonable. It started way too early in the day for people from 1 hr or more away to find it convenient to go to.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 12:42 PM
what is that thing on your screen?

KingTheoden
09-29-2007, 12:52 PM
From what I gather, the crowd was markedly greater than 200. I am offering a very rough and provisional estimate of perhaps 550- 600 people.

Everyone has to understand that such a turnout is rather impressive. Remember, Ron Paul cannot pack an event full of party regulars, captive troops on a military base, or political labor unions. His crowds are completely 'organic' and spontaneous. Moreover, the media will not help us like they do the anointed candidates by announcing our rallies in advance.

This should be viewed as only the beginning of a new phase of physical campaigning on our part, in New Hampshire and across the country.

FluffyUnbound
09-29-2007, 01:15 PM

It is a big park, so maybe the Boston Globe guy and me are both wrong. I looked at how much space was holding 10 people, and then tried to figure out how many such spaces were actually occupied. But the visual impact of the big park may have made me think "the park isn't that full" and that can make you lowball.

For the people who accused me of not being there, the only evidence I have that I was there is the balloon some nice person gave to my kid to tie to his stroller:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9602/dscn0999sm5.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0999sm5.jpg)

hard@work
09-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Okay, that's a healthy number over 250. I see a lot of crowds, that looks like 500+. We need more pics to surface though the superficial close ups are not a good measurement and this is the only one I've seen that was of the entire crowd.