PDA

View Full Version : Example of cops doing well in the face of overload of work

noxagol
09-11-2009, 11:50 PM
So I work at Walmart and our store has had a police car parked in front of it for a day or two now. It's purpose is to deter thieves, though it is probably not going to work very well since it hasn't moved at all and people will catch on. When I asked my buddy that works in the security there, he said they put it there cause they were tired of coming to the store so often to deal with shoplifters they catch (one or two every day or two, sometimes four or five on busy days). They even went so far as to tell the security team to let shoplifters go and not to call them. How 'bout that, cops are too lazy to do their job so we are suppose to just let thieves take the store's stuff. That's gubmint for ya.

JeNNiF00F00
09-12-2009, 12:50 AM
they do this near where I live at a mall. However, the cops have a secret station in that mall and you can see it and all their city cop cars parked in the back entrance. Silly cops.

coyote_sprit
09-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Walmart's subsidies received and government benefits for employees far outweigh any thing that is stolen from them.

Carole
09-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Seems to me a business that large *Walmart) should help itself by providing some of its own security instead of constantly calling the police for simple shoplifting. This ties up police resources for petty crime.

Malls have security for their stores.

LibForestPaul
09-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Seems to me a business that large *Walmart) should help itself by providing some of its own security instead of constantly calling the police for simple shoplifting. This ties up police resources for petty crime.

Malls have security for their stores.

When I asked my buddy that works in the security there, he said they put it there cause they were tired of coming to the store so often to deal with shoplifters( a crime) they (the security team) catch

LibertasPraesidium
09-12-2009, 01:40 PM
part of the reason that walmart doesn't have its own security is simple.

Cost, to keep prices lower they have to cut corners and since they have to file a report with the local police departments for loss prevention and stealing it is easier to just call the cops and have them actually arrest those responsible for stealing since the sercurity officials (if they had any) couldn't legally arrest or detain a private citizen.

phill4paul
09-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I see it done all the time. At one time police officers would drive their own car to and from work. Now they are allowed to take it back and forth. They argue that parking their police cars in the neighborhood makes the neighborhood safer.
That might work if they were spread out. However, all the cops live in the neighborhoods that are in the same price range.
In one neighborhood I go through there are three city cops, one state trooper and two sheriffs (one from the neighboring county).
Glad their own neighborhoods are safer.:rolleyes:

slothman
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
part of the reason that walmart doesn't have its own security is simple.

Cost, to keep prices lower they have to cut corners and since they have to file a report with the local police departments for loss prevention and stealing it is easier to just call the cops and have them actually arrest those responsible for stealing since the sercurity officials (if they had any) couldn't legally arrest or detain a private citizen.

Can't Walmart security give a citizens arrest?