PDA

View Full Version : Fox: Expected Thompson numbers are low !!

ronpaulyourmom
09-29-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.update08.foxnews.com/

They're claiming that Thompson may only report just over $5m for the quarter. This puts Thompson within reach of Ron Paul. This is it people, the break we need. Call up everybody you know who supports Ron Paul and ask them to donate another $50. I just got off the phone with my friend, after I told him the news he was shocked, said he's in for a hundo.

Imagine if Ron Paul took 3rd place in fundraising for the quarter !!!

FreedomLover
09-29-2007, 11:49 AM
cnn is saying 7 million.

But if the thought of beating fred in the money race get's people donating more, than by all means go for it.

itsnobody
09-29-2007, 11:51 AM
CNN is going to be wrong on all counts...man I can't wait for the 3rd quarter numbers to be released

Ron Paul may out-raise Fred Thompson then the media CAN'T ignore him

Bruehound
09-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Fred's people(ever changing, I know) have already been burned by inflating expectations so what they are putting out now may be intentionally designed to lower expectations.

ronpaulyourmom
09-29-2007, 11:58 AM
cnn is saying 7 million.

But if the thought of beating fred in the money race get's people donating more, than by all means go for it.

Yeah well we've already established that CNN hasn't done any research on their article.

Paulitician
09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Also remember that much of the donations Fred Thompson is getting comes from Tennessee alone. Considering that, he doesn't seem to be as popular as media paints him to be.

Original_Intent
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Even if we don't outraise Fred, we may be in third for cash on hand, which imho is even more critical.

It's not how much you raised, it's what you got.

DjLoTi
09-29-2007, 12:29 PM
No one knows anything about RPs numbers. I've looked *everywhere*

born2drv
09-29-2007, 12:31 PM
didn't cnn say someone from fred's camp told them to expect 7M? if i had to believe fox or cnn i'd beleive fox on this one.... i think fox is speculating or perhaps underestimating....

no matter what paul gets whether it's 4M or 10M it's going to open a lot of eyes ;)

walt
09-29-2007, 12:39 PM
CNN is going to be wrong on all counts...man I can't wait for the 3rd quarter numbers to be released

Ron Paul may out-raise Fred Thompson then the media CAN'T ignore him

I think you guys are all over-rating this metric. it will only create more fear amongst those it threatens.

coffeewithchess
09-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't doubt if Fox is saying "expecting 5 million" and if Fred announces 7 million, Fox can say, "THOMPSON BEAT expectations even after only being a declared candidate for barely a month of this fundraising period!"

Hook
09-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't doubt if Fox is saying "expecting 5 million" and if Fred announces 7 million, Fox can say, "THOMPSON BEAT expectations even after only being a declared candidate for barely a month of this fundraising period!"

My thoughts exactly. Fox is intentionally lowering expectations so that they can make a big news splash about how good Fred is doing.

The Good Doctor
09-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Ancient Chinese Secret! :)

No one knows anything about RPs numbers. I've looked *everywhere*

Cowlesy
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM

CORRECT.

Thompson receives more positive news from low-balling expectations and smashing them when the data comes out.

itsnobody
09-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I think you guys are all over-rating this metric. it will only create more fear amongst those it threatens.

I'm not overrating anything....someone from the official Ron Paul headquarters told me that they already have $4 million for the 3rd quarter and he told me they're expecting around $7 million if things go well...so I'm not overrating it, maybe underrating it

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 01:37 PM
The campaign is releasing those numbers for a reason. I agree with who said the truth is probably closer to what CNN is reporting. FOX is going to do what they can to help Thompson's campaign, which means low-balling.

What this means is to not go off trumpeting inflated expectations of what we think Paul's campaign may have brought in. We want people to be surprised at how much he raised when the numbers are announced.

Hook
09-29-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not overrating anything....someone from the official Ron Paul headquarters told me that they already have $4 million for the 3rd quarter and he told me they're expecting around $7 million if things go well...so I'm not overrating it, maybe underrating it

He's not saying you are overrating how much money Paul gets, he is saying you are overrating how important the money is to the press.

ItsTime
09-29-2007, 01:40 PM
anything less than 10 million for Fred LOOKS BAD period

itsnobody
09-29-2007, 01:40 PM
He's not saying you are overrating how much money Paul gets, he is saying you are overrating how important the money is to the press.

Oh I see, yeah maybe he's right about that...it should still be good news though

Hook
09-29-2007, 01:41 PM
BTW, it is extraordinarily unlikely that the campaign made $7 mill for the quarter. I would be suprised if it was more than about $4.5 mill.

itsnobody
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
BTW, it is extraordinarily unlikely that the campaign made $7 mill for the quarter. I would be suprised if it was more than about $4.5 mill.

Well we'll all see once the 3rd quarter numbers are released...