PDA

View Full Version : Greta Van Susteren interviews former congressman James Traficant on Fox News

WayBehind
09-11-2009, 03:30 PM
The first few minutes are a little slow, but then it gets very interesting.

Part 1: YouTube - Greta Van Susteren - James Traficant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0scNGzWfv8A)
Part 2: YouTube - Greta Van Susteren - James Traficant (2 of 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g6a9re563Y)
Part 3: YouTube - Greta Van Susteren - James Traficant (3 of 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AV4NnojbWI)

purplechoe
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM
I want to like the guy but when he says that Obama is trying to do the right thing... I loose a lot of respect for him.

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I remember seeing this guy going to jail while I was in college, and wondering who his barber was.

Why did he go to jail in the first place....I think it was in the early 2000's.

amy31416
09-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I remember seeing this guy going to jail while I was in college, and wondering who his barber was.

Why did he go to jail in the first place....I think it was in the early 2000's.

Dude wears a rug. :p

He went to jail for taking bribes and something to do with his taxes, I believe. My mother's family actually knows the guy and claim it was a setup/bullshit, they like him, even though they do say he can be a bit goofy.

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Dude wears a rug. :p

He went to jail for taking bribes and something to do with his taxes, I believe. My mother's family actually knows the guy and claim it was a setup/bullshit, they like him, even though they do say he can be a bit goofy.

I don't think it is a rug!---because I remember when Phil Specter went to jail, they made him take his off to reveal his few real strands of hair.

It's almost too whacky to be fake.

That being said, I remember something about him too since Youngstown isn't that awfully far from us --- I think he was a big populist down there and had a lot of support---also that the whole thing was a setup (though I've never ever looked into it).

purplechoe
09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think it is a rug!---because I remember when Phil Specter went to jail, they made him take his off to reveal his few real strands of hair.

That being said, I remember something about him too since Youngstown isn't that awfully far from us --- I think he was a big populist down there and had a lot of support---also that the whole thing was a setup (though I've never ever looked into it).

He's a Democrat who doesn't trust the government. Figure that one out...

amy31416
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM

Yeah, I don't know for sure that it's a rug, but it sure looks like something furry landed on his head.

He was, and still is, very popular in Youngstown if my mom's family is any indicator. I can't say that much of my mom's family is into research though, they're mostly blue-collar, union-oriented quasi-Dems who like anyone who supports the union and don't mind a quirky character.

olehounddog
09-11-2009, 07:47 PM
It's a rug. It was a big deal when he had to take it off for prison.

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 07:51 PM
It's a rug. It was a big deal when he had to take it off for prison.

I stand corrected.

Thanks!

sluggo
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Incredible interview.

Traficant is A-OK in my book.