PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage Fired

Flash
09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Conservative talk-show host Michael Savage, who often takes shots at San Francisco on his syndicated radio program, has gone off the air in the city.
Images
View Larger Image
More Crime News
Third SFO baggage handler sent to jail 09.11.09
San Joaquin seeking death in Sandra Cantu case 09.10.09
San Joaquin seeking death in Sandra Cantu case 09.11.09

The host of "Savage Nation" has been dropped from KNEW-AM, the Clear Channel-owned station said.

A statement on the station's Web site said, "We have decided to go in a different philosophical and ideological direction, featuring more contemporary content and more local information."

Savage is being replaced during the 3-7 p.m. drive-time slot by John and Ken, conservative-leaning Southern California talk-show hosts whose full names are John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou.

Savage claims an audience of 8 million to 10 million listeners on nearly 400 stations nationwide. The Marin County resident recently made headlines when he asked Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton - whom he once described as a "dangerous human being" - to help him after he was banned from Britain for allegedly spreading racial hatred and terrorism. The ban was later lifted.

He did not immediately return a call Thursday seeking comment.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/10/BAEC19LCOS.DTL

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Someone else in SF will pick him up very quickly.

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow he's looking old!

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2009/05/05/ba-britain_not_w_0500107714.jpg

InterestedParticipant
09-11-2009, 12:45 PM
This guy is one of the biggest assholes in the world. His entire production crew hate him. He's vicious and mean.... I mean "mean"!

BlackTerrel
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
One less racist asshole on the air... ho hum.

JeNNiF00F00
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
is that a doiley under his keyboard??

BTW I thought the man was hilarious because he was so mean. Very close minded individual too.

JeNNiF00F00
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM

What is this racism stuff I keep hearing about? Do you have any examples? I have heard him on the radio before and never heard any racism. I think the man just hates everyone in general. Hes a total asshole. lol

Bruno
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
"A statement on the station's Web site said, "We have decided to go in a different philosophical and ideological direction, featuring more contemporary content and more local information."

I call bullshit

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I have the same Herman Miller Aeron Chair --- so he's OK in my book.

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I thought being a jerk was his schtick-and never found him racist. Who cares if he is, anyway? I don't believe in thought crimes-real crimes, like the ones Congress commits, are more relevant to me.

kahless
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Examples? Have you ever listened to the show? The more and more I read your posts I am beginning to believe you are the racist.

amy31416
09-11-2009, 01:17 PM
The dude is creepy. He was smitten with pedophile Allen Ginsburg and used to hang out with far-left Marxist types until he had a "magical" transformation into a far-right extremist.

He's just another neocon with a big mouth.

Flash
09-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Someone else in SF will pick him up very quickly.

Doubt it, hes been hinting that he would retire for a while now.

I disagree on calling him a Neo-Con. For the past month hes openly said he was against the 'New World Order' & was always opposed to RINOs like Bush & Mccain. Plus he's had guests like Schiff & Wayne Allyn Root on his show and has been speaking respectfully to non-interventionalists.

JeNNiF00F00
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
The dude is creepy. He was smitten with pedophile Allen Ginsburg and used to hang out with far-left Marxist types until he had a "magical" transformation into a far-right extremist.

Yeah and has a DOILEY under his keyboard lol

amy31416
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM

AAAAhahahahahahahaha! I didn't notice that! Good eye...

kaleidoscope eyes
09-11-2009, 01:24 PM

He probably has a monitor cozy too. :)

kahless
09-11-2009, 01:32 PM
All these negative posts for a guy that was praising Ron when he was on his show not too long ago. He trashes Pelosi, Reid, the liberal left Dems about the same as he did Bush and John McCain.

Seems like people here do not listen to the show and are just echoing the liberal haters in the media.

amy31416
09-11-2009, 01:35 PM
All these negative posts for a guy that was praising Ron when he was on his show not too long ago. He trashes Pelosi, Reid, the liberal left Dems about the same as he did Bush and John McCain.

Seems like people here do not listen to the show and are just echoing the liberal haters in the media.

YouTube - Michael Savage on Ron Paul and the Bhuto Asassination (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_HPSo9JtE)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread286029/pg1
http://countenance.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/its-obvious-michael-savage-has-a-vendetta-out-on-ron-paul/
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66827

Care to reassess whether or not we're echoing the liberal haters in the media?

ctiger2
09-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I have the same Herman Miller Aeron Chair --- so he's OK in my book.

I was thinking about getting one of those too.. :)

BlackTerrel
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought being a jerk was his schtick-and never found him racist. Who cares if he is, anyway? I don't believe in thought crimes-real crimes, like the ones Congress commits, are more relevant to me.

What's a though crime? Is he being arrested? Or is a private station saying they prefer not to give a job to a racist asshole?

Flash
09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Care to reassess whether or not we're echoing the liberal haters in the media?

Like I said in my previous post-- he recently has been friendly towards the non-interventionalist viewpoint & has spoken out directly to the 'New World Order.' If change can happen to Beck then it can happen to Michael Savage.

Captain America
09-11-2009, 01:49 PM
hes very funny and is not a racist.

amy31416
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Like I said in my previous post-- he recently has been friendly towards the non-interventionalist viewpoint & has spoken out directly to the 'New World Order.' If change can happen to Beck then it can happen to Michael Savage.

Ahh. So he's had another miraculous transformation since Obama got into office, just like the miraculous one that Beck had.

When it comes to non-interventionism, Savage has been, at best, schizophrenic on the topic. You think that now he's all better?

That's very naive. And, as Josh said in a post about Beck, he'll pretend to hold Constitutional and liberty positions until the neocons get back into power, then it's back to business as usual.

We can use them to get the message out to more people, fine, but saying that those of us who criticize him are parroting liberal talking points is complete bullshit.

Flash
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Ahh. So he's had another miraculous transformation since Obama got into office, just like the miraculous one that Beck had.

When it comes to non-interventionism, Savage has been, at best, schizophrenic on the topic. You think that now he's all better?

That's very naive. And, as Josh said in a post about Beck, he'll pretend to hold Constitutional and liberty positions until the neocons get back into power, then it's back to business as usual.

We can use them to get the message out to more people, fine, but saying that those of us who criticize him are parroting liberal talking points is complete bullshit.

That would be true if he supported George Bush, but this is simply not true.

YouTube - Michael Savage on Elliot Spitzer, George Bush, Bail Outs, Financial Crisis, Depression Economic Decline--Aired on September 18, 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaAcsca8oEc&feature=related)

It wasn't a magical transformation, only a slight change in respect towards non-interventionalism.

purplechoe
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
...and has been speaking respectfully to non-interventionalists.

Is this a joke or has he really strated respecting non-interventionalists? I thought he was all about Isreal first and lets bomb Iran now?

Liberty Star
09-11-2009, 02:46 PM

He routinely cursed Bush and called him ugly names because Bush did not "bomb Iraq to stone age". That alone qualifies him as a racist according to Webster's freedom edition. He used to go way beyond mundane bigotry, one less violent racist on the air.

tonesforjonesbones
09-11-2009, 03:15 PM
He's a zionist but i like what he says sometimes...i hate when he starts talkin about his dawg..for an HOUR..i have to turn it off. tones

ScoutsHonor
09-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Agree that he was pretty violent (against) on the subject of Islam. I think he
actually coined the term "Islamo-Fascist"; he's got a very quick wit and an inventive mind, but he's got plenty of faults, too.

IIRC, he was pro-Bush for a long while, because he was very pro-war, but he eventually did turn away from the pro-war stance. (Not soon enough to suit me!)
He came very late to the anti NWO position and I wonder about that.

Flash
09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Is this a joke or has he really strated respecting non-interventionalists? I thought he was all about Isreal first and lets bomb Iran now?

He said a month ago "I understand if you're a non-interventionalist or isolationist and don't want to see anymore Americans in body bags" on a discussion about Iran.

purplechoe
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
He said a month ago "I understand if you're a non-interventionalist or isolationist and don't want to see anymore Americans in body bags" on a discussion about Iran.

I just tuned in today and the first thing out of his mouth was 9/11 and Islamo-fascists.

I don't trust guys that hang out at lodges... including the ones that call themselves Ron Paul supporters.

Flash
09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I just tuned in today and the first thing out of his mouth was 9/11 and Islamo-fascists.

I don't trust guys that hang out at lodges... including the ones that call themselves Ron Paul supporters.

He just was fired, for one, so it was a replay. And I never did say he was a non-interventionalist, re-read my post.

purplechoe
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
He just was fired-- how were you able to tune in? Must've been a replay. And if you noticed, my arguement was him being SYMPATHETIC to non-interventionalists, not actually being one.

He wasn't fired. His affiliate in San Francisco dropped him, that's it. He was today talking about the anniversary of 9/11. It was todays show. I'm very familiar with Savage. I listened to his radio show before I found Ron Paul. Once that happened and I learned the "real" truth I droppped him like a bad habbit.

PS. I think the only reason he said that he respects the people who are non-interventionalists is because he smells the winds of change in the air. He's no friend to liberty.

heavenlyboy34
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
What's a though crime? Is he being arrested? Or is a private station saying they prefer not to give a job to a racist asshole?

Being "racist" is not in itself a crime, and I got the impression that some here were trying to make him into one (I speed-read it, so I could be mistaken).

Flash
09-11-2009, 04:43 PM
He wasn't fired. His affiliate in San Francisco dropped him, that's it. He was today talking about the anniversary of 9/11. It was todays show. I'm very familiar with Savage. I listened to his radio show before I found Ron Paul. Once that happened and I learned the "real" truth I droppped him like a bad habbit.

Ah, I see. I thought the actual station he did his job from is where he got fired, in which case he would have to take a while off and go to another station.

Like I said, he is going after big government on both sides like Glenn Beck is right now so I hope the best for him. And him having Schiff on was a great move.

As for 'Islamo-Fascism' it is taken to an extreme limit. However many people even on this forum would argue that islamists are a rising powerful force in Western society. I've been to quite a few islamic forums, since I know someone who recently converted, and may I say they are pretty scary people. They will justify attacks against Swedish cartoonists who illustrated Mohammad but will complain about Israel's censoring of anti-jew cartoons. Very hypocritical and scary considering they are a rising force in Australia & Europe. Pat Buchanan even mentions this in his book Death of the West so it's not fair to put the hate on savage only.

Although Savage is a Zionist, and trust me I do not like Zionists at all and can't trust them totally.I think it would be unfair for me to dislike him just for that reason. I disagree with Buchanan on plenty of things but that doesn't mean I don't like most of the guy's views.

InterestedParticipant
09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope people here realize that this man's radio persona and his positions are not real, I mean he is just doing whatever sells and whatever the Networks wants him to spin. These are not men of moral character presenting their deep seeded views, they're just information and entertainment prostitutes.

I have not read any of the reports as to why he was fired, but my initial gut reaction is that they want to replace him with a new and improved radio personality who will do a better job selling to the audience whatever junk-info the Network owners seek to push on to the public.

carmaphob
09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
He was only droped from KNEW - AM but he can still be heard in San Francisco on KSTE 650 AM in SF.
YouTube - Savage Last Show In SF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXodPJ15P0Q)

Bucjason
09-11-2009, 05:21 PM
He was never on the air here in Florida( that I know of) , so I don't even know what this old fart is all about....

tremendoustie
09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Good riddance, I wish he were off everywhere.

BlackTerrel
09-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Being "racist" is not in itself a crime, and I got the impression that some here were trying to make him into one (I speed-read it, so I could be mistaken).

It's not a crime but if I had a radio station I wouldn't air a racist. I also wouldn't air an asshole. Savage is both.

BlackTerrel
09-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Pat Buchanan even mentions this in his book Death of the West so it's not fair to put the hate on savage only.

The defense of Savage not being racist is that Buchanan agrees with him? This is comical :D

InterestedParticipant
09-11-2009, 05:53 PM
It's not a crime but if I had a radio station I wouldn't air a racist. I also wouldn't air an asshole. Savage is both.
This is not meant to be personal, but this is precisely why people like you (or me) will never ever be given an FCC license to run a radio station. I mean, you didn't think the public airways were actually for the benefit of the public, did you?

:)

james1906
09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Savage is a man who lives alone in San Fransisco, talks with a lisp, and loves talking about restaurants. He also spends a lot of time speaking against homosexuality.

I think he is in denial about something......

ScoutsHonor
09-11-2009, 06:27 PM
"Mrs. S" pops in and out of his conversation..I can't figure out whether he's married, divorced, separated, or "what." However, gay he is not.

BlackTerrel
09-14-2009, 04:05 AM
This is not meant to be personal, but this is precisely why people like you (or me) will never ever be given an FCC license to run a radio station. I mean, you didn't think the public airways were actually for the benefit of the public, did you?

:)

Sad no :)

steph3n
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
"Mrs. S" pops in and out of his conversation..I can't figure out whether he's married, divorced, separated, or "what." However, gay he is not.

It is Mrs W.

She used to be the CFO of rockstar energy drinks which is founded by his son. I think she has just resigned recently but it still a coowner/founder of the company as well with their son.

They are still pretty close as a family even though they play it down for business purposes on both sides.

ScoutsHonor
09-14-2009, 09:02 AM
It is Mrs W.

She used to be the CFO of rockstar energy drinks which is founded by his son. I think she has just resigned recently but it still a coowner/founder of the company as well with their son.

They are still pretty close as a family even though they play it down for business purposes on both sides.

Interesting, thanks.
For the record, I think Michael is a patriot, though I disagreed strongly with his pro-war stance. He's a mixed bag, as all of us are to some extent. :)