PDA

View Full Version : Paul at 5% in Iowa among likely caucus voters

Zydeco
09-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Movin' on up...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21036143/site/newsweek/

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Man, but look how high Huckabee is. 12%. The powers-that-be seem to really be pushing him now.

Something has got to happen to turn this around. I'm not sure what it's going to take, but we're going to need to do something extraordinary.

Zydeco
09-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm not too worried about it. Huckabee can't even get 2,500 donations in the month of September!

Correction: as James notes below, Huckabee did meet his goal of 2,500 donations in Sept.

mwkaufman
09-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Man, but look how high Huckabee is. 12%. The powers-that-be seem to really be pushing him now.

Something has got to happen to turn this around. I'm not sure what it's going to take, but we're going to need to do something extraordinary.

Huckabee did get second in the Iowa straw poll.

stevedasbach
09-29-2007, 10:54 AM

Huckabee is only high in Iowa. He polls similar to Ron Paul nationally.

libertythor
09-29-2007, 10:55 AM
5 percent means that the pundits can't toss around their "barely registering 3%" crap.

Ron Paul Fan
09-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Over 60% of those surveyed said they would probably or definitely would not attend the caucus. That probably works in our favor since we have the most loyal and dedicated supporters. I think Schmuckabee is a threat in Iowa, but I don't think we need to win there to win it all. The best thing that can happen is the neo-cons split the pro war vote and we swoop in with a decent finish.

Freedom
09-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Huckabee did get second in the Iowa straw poll.

Since he inherited Pat Buchanon's campaign engine in Iowa, I would expect him to do well there. In other states he won't fare as well.

Buzz
09-29-2007, 10:59 AM
5 percent means that the pundits can't toss around their "barely registering 3%" crap.

Nah, they still will. They kept saying he had 1% at most even when he was registering a lot of 3%'s.

james1844
09-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Actually huckabee met his goal of 2,500 individual donors.

Dustancostine
09-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Nah, they still will. They kept saying he had 1% at most even when he was registering a lot of 3%'s.

You mean 4's

libertythor
09-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Well, I was factoring the other polls in that were saying 3 and 2.

After these fundraising numbers we might see some synergy with the polls and then again with fundraising.

csen
09-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I'd say 80-90% of the polls I've seen recently have us at least at 3%, and many 4%s and a few 5%s. Looks like we've finally put the *, 1%, and 2% days behind us at least. The most encouraging news of the week was probably the Democrat debate, where all the frontrunners hemmed and hawed about pulling out of Iraq. That has to be devastating for anti-war Dems. If we could pick up even 5-10% of those that'd be a big lift. And of course, if we can crack $5mln in fundraising for the quarter (hoping, but not expecting) that'd be huge -- in addition to hitting $1mln tomorrow obviously.

Still looks like things are on track.

libertythor
09-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Quiet a few Iowa donations have come in today. The last 5 donors at any given time are easy to see by refreshing this link.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/webservices/REST/donation-total?format=nvp

I have seen at least a dozen donors from there this morning. Maybe the 5 percent reporting in the local media got some of the doubters convinced.

njandrewg
09-29-2007, 11:17 AM
we actually want Huckabee to do well...he is not a threat, but every % he steals from Romney/Guilliani is one percent we don't have to get

Corydoras
09-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Just gotta keep eyes on the prize and keep finding supervoters and converting them.

kenc9
09-29-2007, 12:00 PM
None of the polls are setup for somebody like Ron Paul. They are off by X4 of RP's actual support. These polls are of likely Republican voters and Pauls support can't be higher than 25% with Republican voters because 75% of Reps support the war.
First time voters, Dems. and Independent voters are never polled and counted for Ron Paul.

I believe Paul has roughly 4 times the poll numbers they quote.

This will all play into Pauls hands if he continually does better than the polls come election day.

Paul can win the Republican nomination with as little as 25% of the vote in the primary if the front runners all stay in the race.

This 3rd Quarter funds report will damage the 2nd tier people and one or two of the front runners.

AS PAUL AT LEAST TRIPLES DONATIONS FROM THE 2ND QUARTER AND TAKES ANOTHER VERY LARGE STEP FORWARD!

We are at the cross roads to being recognized as a player! :D

-ken