PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Abortion Activist Shot Multiple Times and Killed in Front of School this morning

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 07:24 AM
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/09/antiabortion_activist_shot_in.html

I'm sure Keith Olbermann will be celebrating tonight.

http://www.connectmidmichigan.com/news/story.aspx?id=349067

Pennsylvania
09-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Very sad indeed. All viewpoints should be coming together on this issue to find apolitical methods to reduce or eliminate the number of abortions. This would be something the vast majority of opinion-holders could agree on. There was a good MI-5 episode about killing over this issue, where the main character said something like "killing for life is just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard". It applies to pro-choicers as well, if pro-choice is about freedom to choose, what gives us the right to choose death for another individual?

Working Poor
09-11-2009, 07:48 AM
this is why I don't believe in evolution people keep doing the same things they have always done. We use technology to further commit our crimes, *tisk tisk*

fisharmor
09-11-2009, 07:56 AM
The shooting did not occur on school property, Smith said.

I don't know why it's necessary to write this part. Of course it couldn't have happened on school property, because guns aren't allowed there.

yokna7
09-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Very sad. I wonder what Olbermann's response will be tonight. I remember the rant he went on when Tiller was killed. In both cases, it was unnecessary and disgusting.

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Very sad. I wonder what Olbermann's response will be tonight. I remember the rant he went on when Tiller was killed. In both cases, it was unnecessary and disgusting.

They'll probably ignore it, or say it was an isolated incident, or make 5,000 excuses for the shooter, or blame it on the pro-life people for pushing the pro-abortion people to the breaking point.

Whatever the response is, it'll be BS.

Young Paleocon
09-11-2009, 08:11 AM
It's 9/11 I doubt it will even make national news.

yokna7
09-11-2009, 08:15 AM
They'll probably ignore it, or say it was an isolated incident, or make 5,000 excuses for the shooter, or blame it on the pro-life people for pushing the pro-abortion people to the breaking point.

It's amazing that special interest will almost justify murder - on both sides. These same people that do commentary on these events, depending on what side their on, will only glance over them. These same people warn their viewers of the "fringe". There is not one person on this forum that would support murder in this fashion, but I can't speak for the fox or nbc blogs. And we're the ones on the "fringe"?

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 08:17 AM
It's amazing that special interest will almost justify murder - on both sides. These same people that do commentary on these events, depending on what side their on, will only glance over them. These same people warn their viewers of the "fringe". There is not one person on this forum that would support murder in this fashion, but I can't speak for the fox or nbc blogs. And we're the ones on the "fringe"?

Also, the Southern Poverty Law Center jumped all over the Dr. Tiller murder....bet we don't hear a peep out of them for this one.

Dr.3D
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't know why it's necessary to write this part. Of course it couldn't have happened on school property, because guns aren't allowed there.

Since when did banning something keep it from being where it is banned?

angelatc
09-11-2009, 08:38 AM

The commenters seem to be moaning that it's a set back for the pro-choice position. Always about them, never about the victims.

angelatc
09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Since when did banning something keep it from being where it is banned?

(I think that was sarcasm!)

Anti Federalist
09-11-2009, 08:40 AM
The opening salvos in a brewing war?

Freedom 4 all
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
www.dailykos.com

*tumbleweeds*

amy31416
09-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I read about this earlier from another source, apparently the killer also killed another person soon after who wasn't an anti-abortion activist, so we don't know motive yet. He could have just been killing random people.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/09/antiabortion-activist-other-man-killed-in-michigan.html

dannno
09-11-2009, 12:53 PM
A response.... from a collectivist:

after all the murders of doctors and all the lies, my first reaction is good riddance evne tho I deplore the act. i don't know why you never send me anything when a doctor is murdered or some other hate vrime. These people have advocated violence for decades, they should not be surprised when it comes back at them.

RM918
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
The only way to lower abortions is to get people to stop having sex when they can't handle the consequences, but that'll never happen. They'd much rather just get rid of the consequence.

Cowlesy
09-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I read about this earlier from another source, apparently the killer also killed another person soon after who wasn't an anti-abortion activist, so we don't know motive yet. He could have just been killing random people.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/09/antiabortion-activist-other-man-killed-in-michigan.html

Yep I saw that too --- motive is definitely in question.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-11-2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2266718/posts

Some of these fringe right sites (see above) justified, cheered and celebrated when Tiller was murdered.

It really sickens me when people do that, in any case. Neither Tiller nor this guy deserved death. Apparently some on the fringe left and right think it is okay to kill someone doing something legal simply because they don't like it.