PDA

View Full Version : "Freedom Watch" gets daily timeslot

0zzy
09-11-2009, 12:27 AM
We’ve received more details about your DAILY injection of raw liberty beginning next Monday, September 14th.

It will be 30 minutes long.
The plan is to have 3 segments, each 10 minutes long.
It will not be live.
It will be prerecorded each day.
It will be edited to fix any audio/video problems then aired.
It will be edited to add extra elements such as video clips and sound bites.
It will be a clean and polished product (no more audio problems)
It should be available at http://foxnews.com/freedomwatch around 5pm each day.
Viewers should continue to submit guest suggestions at http://freedomwatchonfox.com/ either in the comments or through the links on the upper right of the page.

This is exciting news and shows that there are efforts underway to fine tune the show for potential airing on television at some point.

http://freedomwatchonfox.com/2009/09/10/freedom-watch-daily-show-more-details/10480/

Liberty Rebellion
09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
OMFG, Fox News was (and to some extent still is) the worst propaganda arm of the Bush administration and now they are selling their worthless souls for money to the libertarian/paleo-conservative movement. I boycotted Fox and wrote my cable company about them in disgust of its content. I still despise the fact that O'Reilly has residence there.

Is Rupert this desperate? Remember, this was the genius talking about preserving the Fox News business model by charging for online content:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1915722,00.html

Rupert can smell money like blood and he's just tapping into something that's already there with plenty of money behind it. I bet he WON'T charge for online content due to the preservation of the current business model with way different content.:cool:

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I'd like to see Shelley and Nicole on there more often ;-)

0zzy
09-11-2009, 12:46 AM
OMFG, Fox News was (and to some extent still is) the worst propaganda arm of the Bush administration and now they are selling their worthless souls for money to the libertarian/paleo-conservative movement. I boycotted Fox and wrote my cable company about them in disgust of its content. I still despise the fact that O'Reilly has residence there.

Is Rupert this desperate? Remember, this was the genius talking about preserving the Fox News business model by charging for online content:

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1915722,00.html

Rupert can smell money like blood and he's just tapping into something that's already there with plenty of money behind it. I bet he WON'T charge for online content due to the preservation of the current business model with way different content.:cool:

You can still watch the Judge without loving the network :).

Liberty Rebellion
09-11-2009, 01:11 AM
You can still watch the Judge without loving the network :).

I have and I will :D

This whole thing just blows my mind.

I'd bet money that Rupert was losing money big time due to content and so he faced two choices: charge for their current content that was already losing them money, or change the content bringing in new viewers/customers for advertisers, & thereby collect revenue from advertisers.

Given the history of Fox News and the cozy relationship with the Bush administration aka big-fuckin government, I can guarantee that Rupert went with the latter approach.

Hell, Beck has been dishing it out to BOTH parties and Stossel just climbed on board. Rupert is spending money and its making him money. Even I have trouble resisting, and if it weren't for my job, I would now most likely watch more than ever before (which was 0% of my time).

GunnyFreedom
09-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Um. Isn't that exactly how the free market is supposed to work? Murdoch was providing a product that a lot of people did not want so he was losing money. In order to stop losing and start making money, he has now begun providing a product that those people DO want.

I still hate NewsCorp et al, but I should think that financial market pressure forcing Fox to adapt is not even a little bit bad, but rather a pretty glorious example of the free market at work.

Where have I gone wrong?

Liberty Rebellion
09-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Um. Isn't that exactly how the free market is supposed to work? Murdoch was providing a product that a lot of people did not want so he was losing money. In order to stop losing and start making money, he has now begun providing a product that those people DO want.

I still hate NewsCorp et al, but I should think that financial market pressure forcing Fox to adapt is not even a little bit bad, but rather a pretty glorious example of the free market at work.

Where have I gone wrong?

I never said the market forces working against Fox and having them adapt new content was a bad thing.

I don't agree, however, that this is the result of the free market. We have a heavily regulated market, but we still see the same basic market forces in play despite the lack of freedom.

GunnyFreedom
09-11-2009, 03:15 AM
I never said the market forces working against Fox and having them adapt new content was a bad thing.

I don't agree, however, that this is the result of the free market. We have a heavily regulated market, but we still see the same basic market forces in play despite the lack of freedom.

Can't disagree with any of that. :)

Bman
09-11-2009, 04:22 AM
I'd like to see Shelley and Nicole on there more often ;-)

+1 for sexy ladies talking about freedom.

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 09:49 AM
+1 for sexy ladies talking about freedom.

(and sexy guys too!) ;)

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandtheJudge-ee.jpg
:D:D:D:D:D

kahless
09-11-2009, 10:58 AM
I have and I will :D

This whole thing just blows my mind.

I'd bet money that Rupert was losing money big time due to content and so he faced two choices: charge for their current content that was already losing them money, or change the content bringing in new viewers/customers for advertisers, & thereby collect revenue from advertisers.

Given the history of Fox News and the cozy relationship with the Bush administration aka big-fuckin government, I can guarantee that Rupert went with the latter approach.

Hell, Beck has been dishing it out to BOTH parties and Stossel just climbed on board. Rupert is spending money and its making him money. Even I have trouble resisting, and if it weren't for my job, I would now most likely watch more than ever before (which was 0% of my time).

The only problem I have when people make posts like this is that some people are hypocrits and will then turn around and praise MSNBC.

Rupert seems to plays both sides and even gave money to Hillary Clintons campaign. The other news outlets they own are left leaning. At least FNC is no longer openly hostile to the beliefs posted here like MSNBC and CNN.

tajitj
09-11-2009, 04:18 PM
I think we might be underestimating how important this could be for our side. Getting this on TV would mean we have a national platform. Nobody can accuse Judge Nap of not being like minded to Ron Paul and everthing most of us stand for.

This should be an embed play on the front page of this site, DP, C4L all of them.

GunnyFreedom
09-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Personally I think it's beyond huge.

No, as I mentioned earlier I still hate NewsCorp,

but the very fact that there are enough market pressures to make NewsCorp even WANT to address this, means that we are gaining ground, no?

After all, if we were not succeeding, there would be no such market for Murdoch to try and reach.

But the very fact that Murdoch (regardless of his being a whole ass) even sees a NEED to reach out to our market means our market is growing, which in turns means our movement is picking up traction, which means we are succeeding. right?

hugolp
09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Use anything that airs the message.

Nobody can change the world in one day. Use whatever is available.

Bucjason
09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
OMFG, Fox News was (and to some extent still is) the worst propaganda arm of the Bush administration and now they are selling their worthless souls for money to the libertarian/paleo-conservative movement. I boycotted Fox and wrote my cable company about them in disgust of its content.

Hmmmmm.....ok, explain to me again how libertarians gaining control of a network is a bad thing????

If you ask me , you should have saved all that righteous indignation for MSNBC...

Flash
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I still don't understand how the Judge doesn't have a show, imo the guy would do great in Shepard Smith's timeslot. Although it's a little unrealistic to give him such a good slot so early on. Still it's a nice fantasy.

paulitics
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I still don't understand how the Judge doesn't have a show, imo the guy would do great in Shepard Smith's timeslot. .

Maybe, Rupert is thinking the same thing. Sheppard has less than stellar ratings. The Judge has filled in for Beck more than anyone else. He is very close to making the cut. They would probably bump Beck up to 7:00, and put the judge in his time slot.

Liberty Rebellion
09-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Hmmmmm.....ok, explain to me again how libertarians gaining control of a network is a bad thing????

Never said it was

If you ask me , you should have saved all that righteous indignation for MSNBC...

I never said I liked MSNBC any better (at least they were more fair to Ron Paul than fox was during the primaries). My post was exclaiming my disbelief that Fox, the former mouthpiece for the Bush administration which I utterly despised at the time more than any other corporate MSM outlet, was going libertarian.

Epic
09-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Can Stossel and the Judge co-host a 1hr show on FoxNews?

How about 5 pm, and push Beck back til 7pm so more people can tune in after they get home from work. Shep Smith can still do his daytime show.

5pm - Stossel/Judge (college buddies)
6pm - Bret Baier
7pm - Beck
8pm - Oreilly
9pm - Hannity
10pm - Greta

Flash
09-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Maybe, Rupert is thinking the same thing. Sheppard has less than stellar ratings. The Judge has filled in for Beck more than anyone else. He is very close to making the cut. They would probably bump Beck up to 7:00, and put the judge in his time slot.

Yeah Shepard has roughly a million viewers. that's pretty pathetic considering other shows in the afternoon on FOX has usually 2 or 3 million viewers.

My original idea was to put the Judge on at 5pm and give Glenn Beck smith's timeslot but either way I'll be happy.

morran
09-11-2009, 09:07 PM
As somebody already pointed out, Stossel is joining FOX. Seems like they are getting a bit more libertarian.

Dreamofunity
09-11-2009, 11:19 PM
A show with the Judge hosting and Stossel doing segments for it would be awesome.

dr. hfn
09-11-2009, 11:44 PM
only watch stossel and freedom watch...that will show them

jake
09-11-2009, 11:57 PM
FOX News is becoming a respectable network slowly but surely.. very slowly..

NYgs23
09-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I like the fact that libertarians have enough buying power for FOX to attempt to cater to us to some degree.

demolama
09-12-2009, 04:35 AM
This is huge... Do not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Matt Collins
09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the fact that libertarians have enough buying power for FOX to attempt to cater to us to some degree.The efforts from the 2008 campaign is finally starting to pay off :)

Flash
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Now if only we could have him on cable..

MsDoodahs
09-12-2009, 10:36 PM
bump.

UnReconstructed
09-12-2009, 11:19 PM
If Schiff doesn't win maybe he can get a show.

runningdiz
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
What time is the show being aired tomorrow? http://www.foxnews.com/freedomwatch is still not working does anyone know when it will go up?

lx43
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
My new FoxNews line up would be.

4 pm-- Cavuto.
5 pm--Beck
6 pm--Stossell
7 pm--Shep
8 pm--Big mouth (uh I mean O'Reilly)
9 pm--Judge

Then give RP his own 1 hour slot on Saturday like they did Tax Hike Mike.