PDA

View Full Version : Another domino towards despotism...

yokna7
09-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I think when we look at this battle of healthcare reform although not apparent on the surface for the general populus, is the ramifications of said legislation on society, not just on the healthcare industry. This reform is clearly unconstitutional, we know that. But what may be more alarming is the fight itself.

Typically we are shocked about the irrationality of out of touch politicians, but I am shocked by the weak exchanges by the citizenry. The left is not at all concerned with cost and stakes its claim for reform as being a moral one. While ignoring immoral taxation and distribution of income? The right is more concerned with the choices of doctors and treatment? But the underlying issue that is largely ignored by the general populous in the US is the complete desertion of the Constitution.

I think of how far gone we are. Statism is winning. That we can bicker about something so vehemently that can be easily resolved when we only have to obey Constitutional Law and that argument rarely comes into the equation? This is terrifying that the majority of the country are conditioned like this. These citizens, all citizens should be appalled that they will be forced to be on an insurance policy, and no matter who you are you will be on an insurance policy! The most likely outcome is that if you elect not to be on an insurance policy, you will be taxed until you do. You will be coerced into it. Whether you like it or not. If this legislation (which it will in some form) passes, yet another chunk of the Constitutions validity is gone, gone forever! Once it's gone you may never get it back.

Just as the left is hypocritical in its diagnosis of morality and immorality, the right and left are equally guilty of a hypocritical evocation of the Constitution. "It's only useful when it can get me something I want.", that's bullshit, I suppose we have to constantly remind our legislators that the Constitution must be adhered to even if it hurts......otherwise its meaningless.

I guess Aldous Huxley was right..