PDA

View Full Version : A Million for the Third Quarter

RonPaulFanInGA
09-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Rand Paul had at end of second quarter: $110,755 (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/mapHSCandDetail.do?election_yr=2010&detailType=cand&cand_id=S0KY00156&category=stateS_all&stateName=KY).

That means we need to hit $1,110,755 on Rand Paul's ticker by the end of September 30th to have a million dollars for the third quarter.

That means we're short currently: $288,070

I hope with enough promotion the September 23rd money bomb can do this. Schiff's bomb yesterday makes me pessimistic.

Young Paleocon
09-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm estimating we'll get 1.1 million for the quarter. We better be promoting the hell out of this thing.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Rand Paul had at end of second quarter: $110,755 (http://www.fec.gov/DisclosureSearch/mapHSCandDetail.do?election_yr=2010&detailType=cand&cand_id=S0KY00156&category=stateS_all&stateName=KY).

That means we need to hit $1,110,755 on Rand Paul's ticker by the end of September 30th to have a million dollars for the third quarter.

I hope with enough promotion the September 23rd money bomb can do this. Schiff's bomb yesterday makes me pessimistic.

Rand's money-bomb is better promoted than Schiff's was, and has a lot more excitement behind it. People are excited about Rand's campaign because of the poll numbers and how well it seems to be going, whereas people are disappointed in Peter's campaign because he hasn't jumped in yet. I think Rand will do just fine on the 23rd.

Flash
09-10-2009, 03:52 PM

Don't forget the goal of Schiff's mini-moneybomb was to reach a million. Most people weren't willing to donate too much since we have a real major money bomb coming up with Rand Paul.

John Cunningham
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
> Schiff's bomb yesterday makes me pessimistic.

Peter Schiff is not Rand Paul. While Peter is a fiscal conservative, and was a financial advisor on the Ron Paul presidential campaign, he doesn't seem to want to talk about non-interventionist foreign policy and civil liberties, which means he's only 1/3 of the Ron Paul equation. As a consequence he certainly doesn't inspire me to extraordinary action. I'm guessing others feel the same.

The fate of the r3VOLution now lies with Rand. The media could easily dismiss a Peter Schiff win as having little to do with the Ron Paul supporters, but they cannot divorce Rand from Ron. As Rand's race goes, so goes the movement.

Yes, this money bomb must be a major success!

Kevin_Kennedy
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Peter Schiff is not Rand Paul. While Peter is a fiscal conservative, and was a financial advisor on the Ron Paul presidential campaign, he doesn't seem to want to talk about non-interventionist foreign policy and civil liberties, which means he's only 1/3 of the Ron Paul equation. As a consequence he certainly doesn't inspire me to extraordinary action. I'm guessing others feel the same.

The fate of the r3VOLution now lies with Rand. The media could easily dismiss a Peter Schiff win as having little to do with the Ron Paul supporters, but they cannot divorce Rand from Ron. As Rand's race goes, so goes the movement.

You make a good point about being able to divorce Peter Schiff from Ron Paul, but I think that's because Peter can stand on his own. Rand is a relatively unknown force on the national stage so of course people are going to automatically tie him to his father. As to being worried about Peter's politics, I'm sure I've heard him talk about non-interventionism and he promised to go to Washington and fight for freedom.

I think people are simply disappointed he hasn't thrown himself officially into the race yet so they weren't that excited about the money bomb. I personally think Peter has said enough to put these doubts to rest, but that's just my personal opinion.

KCIndy
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Schiff's bomb yesterday makes me pessimistic.

I think Rand Paul is going to do better than Schiff.

I mean no disrespect to Peter Schiff when I say this, but.... I am personally a little reluctant to donate much more to his campaign until he actually declares himself in the race. Also, I feel like he made a huge blunder in proposing (or requiring? demanding?) his supporters hit a 1.5 million dollar mark before he would make an official declaration.

Yesterday, I donated $25 to Peter Schiff as part of the money bomb, and frankly I did it reluctantly, having already donated much larger sums twice before. I'll be waiting for an announcement before I give any more.

In contrast, I'm hoping to toss a couple hundred toward Rand Paul when the 23rd rolls around. Why? Well, I respect the fact that he has announced officially, and he seems to be putting every effort into his campaign.

Personally, I expect the moneybomb on the 23rd to do reasonably well.

Jeremy Tyler
09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Also, I feel like he made a huge blunder in proposing (or requiring? demanding?) his supporters hit a 1.5 million dollar mark before he would make an official declaration.

His most recent video he establishes that he will not matter what announce, but if he doesn't get it doesn't mean he won't announce.

Peter schiff has said in interviews that he is non-interventionist and that we need to reduce our military budget and also that he is for civil liberties.

Schiff's bomb yesterday makes me pessimistic.
That bomb really was not well promoted, and some people are reluctant cause they would like him to announce and actually start running.

dr. hfn
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
You can help promote the Rand Moneybomb by doing this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207856

Imperial
09-10-2009, 07:30 PM

I think Peter is trying to keep the race focused on economics to make sure 1. he isn't marginalized in the primary and 2. to force an issue that he has the biggest ethos on (I predicted the financial crisis mantra). When pressed though I'm sure he'd make the point.