PDA

View Full Version : National tell your family about Ron Paul week

Ninja Homer
09-29-2007, 08:57 AM
People should be talking to their families about Ron Paul anyway, but I think there should be an organized effort to push it.

I think the best time to have it would be Thanksgiving week. College students will be home, and most will see their extended family.

Everybody should talk to their parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, grandparents, uncles, aunts, everybody! Other people that college students could talk to while home are the friends they haven't seen in a while, people they worked with before going off to school, high school teachers, people from church, etc.

Some materials need to be put together to help make this a big success:

A checklist of people to talk to.
A document on how to talk to your family about Ron Paul. I'm sure you all know that talking to your family is usually different than talking to friends or strangers. This document should cover different ways to bring it up, different key points to talk about, how to talk politics without offending or turning it into an argument, maybe some scripts, etc.
A video about this to go viral around college campuses.
A video on how to talk to parents about Ron Paul.
A video just for parents.
Maybe a web site just for this.

There should also be a request in this somewhere for people to ask for donations to Ron Paul for Christmas presents, and the earlier the better. Not only would it bring more money to the campaign, it would also show how serious you are about this.

Parents make a lot of their decisions, including who they vote for, with their children in mind. Children have a much better chance of getting through to their parents about Ron Paul than anything else. Parents will listen, especially if children are talking about concern for their own future.

Ninja Homer
09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Really? Nobody thinks it's a good idea? Nobody has further input?

Or did I just post at a bad time and it fell through the cracks because this forum is moving so fast?

paulpwns
09-29-2007, 02:33 PM
I think we all have our families convinced. I know I do.

Got my mom, she voted for Bush.

Got my dad, he didn't vote.

Got my brother, he voted for Badnarik.

Thats really it, ill try my extended family.

Ninja Homer
09-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I think we all have our families convinced. I know I do.

Got my mom, she voted for Bush.

Got my dad, he didn't vote.

Got my brother, he voted for Badnarik.

Thats really it, ill try my extended family.

Nice!

My mom's voting for Paul.

I'm working on my dad. He votes Republican, but I don't think he's ever voted in primaries.

My brother's voting for Paul.

I'm working on my sister. She likes Obama, but she's close to switching now that it appears all the Democrats want to stay in Iraq.

I'm close with my grandpa, which will be a big coup. He's a WW2 vet, life long Republican, very active politically, and is well respected in his community. If he starts supporting Ron Paul, he could influence the votes of at least a couple hundred more people. We were talking about GW a couple days ago, and he thinks he has been the worst President in US history.

I plan on working on cousins and uncles next time I see them. It will be a piece of cake once I get my grandpa converted.