PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Clarence Thomas?

winston_blade
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Clarence Thomas was a horrible supreme court justice. I had always thought he was the best one, or at least one of the best ones on the court, but granted I don't know much about the decisions on the court. So what do you think of him?

acptulsa
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
He generally makes me wish Thurgood Marshall had been immortal. But then, most Republican appointees to The Court in my lifetime have pissed me off when it comes to civil liberties cases.

angelatc
09-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't think he's perfect, but he is very conservative. I wouldn't trade him in.

Bruno
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
I was talking to a friend the other day and he said that Clarence Thomas was a horrible supreme court justice. I had always thought he was the best one, or at least one of the best ones on the court, but granted I don't know much about the decisions on the court. So what do you think of him?

He apparently hasn't asked a single question from the bench in something like two years. I'm not sure if you can effectively do your job without asking questions, but I'm not a judge, maybe you can.

Krugerrand
09-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I like more of his rulings than I dislike. He has a good head on his shoulders. I think he's a keeper.