PDA

View Full Version : White House reports 1 million jobs saved, created (No wonder unemployment is so low)

bobbyw24
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
White House reports 1 million jobs saved, created
By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press Writer Matt Apuzzo, Associated Press Writer 30 mins ago

WASHINGTON – White House economists said Thursday the Obama administration's recovery efforts have saved or created more than one million jobs so far.

President Barack Obama has promised that his $787 billion stimulus plan will create or save 3.5 million jobs by the end of next year. But the economy has fared worse than the White House predicted when it pitched the jobs plan and officials have sought to beat back criticism that the results did not justify the huge combination of tax cuts, state aide and government spending.

In its first report to Congress on the stimulus, the White House Council on Economic Advisers said the economy would have been far worse without the stimulus. The report was scheduled to be released Thursday afternoon. An official who reviewed it summarized its findings on condition of anonymity because it had not been released.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_stimulus_jobs

tmosley
09-10-2009, 11:09 AM
They can say that so long as unemployment doesn't go over 99%.

It's an obvious lie, and everyone can tell that it is.

akihabro
09-10-2009, 11:12 AM
And what country would that be in? China?

"Obama administration officials and some economists believe the stimulus is helping the economy recover and, when it does, the criticism will fade." Ha! We will criticize till the day Obama dies.

misterx
09-10-2009, 12:50 PM
That's nothing. I saved 2 million jobs just last night by performing an ancient Druid incantation in the graveyard.

yokna7
09-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Estimation is not one of Obamas strengths. He didnt anticipate the economy being this bad? So it was quite possible he would have spent more money? Even though the stimulus was simply a happenstance number they came up with (ie hank paulson lol)

I think he also estimated in his campaign literature that the initial start up of cost of universal healthcare was 65billion? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe I am. He was just a smidge off............only 800-900billion. In astronomical terms thats quite small (ie stephen hawking lol).:o

Obama = horrible estimator or liar, you decide.

KCIndy
09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Classic use of statistics for misdirection.

Let's say one million jobs really were created. It DOES NOT mean that we had a net gain of one million jobs. It simply means one million were created.

In the meantime, if 5.5 million OTHER jobs were lost, it means the country has suffered a 4.5 million job NET LOSS.

I bet no one in the White House will deny the U.S. has suffered a terrible net loss in jobs. But they won't admit it, either. They'll just focus on the meaningless number of "jobs created" in a net loss environment. To make matters worse, I'll bet that most of the new jobs created are bureaucratic government positions; i.e. "jobs" that produce nothing and contribute nothing to the economy.

Thrashertm
09-10-2009, 05:09 PM
White House reports 1 million jobs saved, created
By MATT APUZZO, Associated Press Writer Matt Apuzzo, Associated Press Writer 30 mins ago

WASHINGTON – White House economists said Thursday the Obama administration's recovery efforts have saved or created more than one million jobs so far.

President Barack Obama has promised that his $787 billion stimulus plan will create or save 3.5 million jobs by the end of next year. But the economy has fared worse than the White House predicted when it pitched the jobs plan and officials have sought to beat back criticism that the results did not justify the huge combination of tax cuts, state aide and government spending.

In its first report to Congress on the stimulus, the White House Council on Economic Advisers said the economy would have been far worse without the stimulus. The report was scheduled to be released Thursday afternoon. An official who reviewed it summarized its findings on condition of anonymity because it had not been released.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_stimulus_jobs

They don't mention the 1M jobs destroyed to create/preserve the 1M make-work jobs

jclay2
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
That's nothing. I saved 2 million jobs just last night by performing an ancient Druid incantation in the graveyard.

lol good one.