PDA

View Full Version : The date for the Philly Rally is set :)

Sematary
09-29-2007, 08:42 AM
I got word from Tom Kawzinski that the Philadelphia rally date of November 10 (the original date that we were asking for) has been approved. YAY!!! :D
There is still some debate within the campaign about the venue - being outside and I guess (from what I've been told) that the people in the campaign aren't as positive as we are that we can attract three to five thousand Ron Paul supporters to the event. So, they are considering other options than Independence Mall. Tom is fighting hard to keep the venue as are myself and others. I've spoken to several people at campaign headquarters about the significance of the venue and also why we believe that as opposed to their current high of about 1600 people at a single rally, why we believe we can get twice that much and more in Philadelphia on November 10. So, MARK YOU CALENDARS and plan on being in Philly on the 10th of November and pass the word. We are planning an event none of you will soon forget. The website should be up by the beginning of the week and as soon as we have a pac we will begin taking donations to help pay for everything. It's going to be a blast! Hope to see all of you there. :D

G-khan
09-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Lets get an airplane ad for this during the event I would be willing to donate...

trispear
09-29-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll be there.

Roughly what time of day or night will it be?:)

If it's at night, one of the glowing airplane ads would be awesome!

G-khan
09-29-2007, 08:50 AM
I'll be there.

That would be awesome - also some newspaper ads leading up to it..

Sematary
09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
I'll be there.

We're shooting for an all day event culminating (of course) in a speech by Ron Paul.
More details will be coming and I should be announcing the website address for the rally by Monday.

Sematary
09-29-2007, 08:52 AM
That would be awesome - also some newspaper ads leading up to it..

Believe me, there will be media coverage. :D

rich34
09-29-2007, 09:10 AM
Better hit the college campus's in Pennsylvania and the surounding states if you want that many.

Sematary
09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Better hit the college campus's in Pennsylvania and the surounding states if you want that many.

Already being worked on. Plus, I know people are planning on coming from as far away as New England and Florida and even into the Ohio valley. One of the great things about Philadelphia is that it is smack dab in the middle of tens of millions of people up and down the east coast and into the middle of the country. I have no doubt we can get that many people to show.

speciallyblend
09-29-2007, 09:24 AM
dont let conservative dude see this ,he might dissaprove of you sending money to philly and not the national HQ,id consult with him,since he seems to be all knowing(sarcasm)

speciallyblend
09-29-2007, 09:25 AM
maybe Conservative dude can run for president;) sarcasm

Sematary
09-29-2007, 09:26 AM
dont let conservative dude see this ,he might dissaprove of you sending money to philly and not the national HQ,id consult with him,since he seems to be all knowing(sarcasm)

The press we expect to get from this will be worth it's weight in gold. :D

speciallyblend
09-29-2007, 09:30 AM
The press we expect to get from this will be worth it's weight in gold. :D

???? Are the granny warriors gonne be there?

Sematary
09-29-2007, 09:37 AM

Haven't thought about it but not a bad idea. How do I contact them? Pm me with info. Gotta run to work now.

thomj76
09-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Just wondering what advice you are giving to people that will be traveling there? Frankford Market Line, Septa, etc...

I was in Philly for 4 years before moving down South. I used to manage the Betsy Ross House & American Flag Memorial and am fairly familiar with that area around Independence Hall. Haven't been there though since they completed the Constitution Center.

brandon
09-29-2007, 09:44 AM

Dont worry, were on it. Philly's 3 largest universities have a nice Ron Paul network going on right now. I am the organizer from The biggest uni, Temple. I can assure you, there will not be a single temple student who does not know about this event.

constituent
09-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Already being worked on. Plus, I know people are planning on coming from as far away as New England and Florida and even into the Ohio valley.

If the venue remains unchanged I will be bringing my family from Victoria, TX.

Sean
09-29-2007, 10:04 AM
If its outdoors lets hope the weather is good that day.

walt
09-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I got word from Tom Kawzinski that the Philadelphia rally date of November 10 (the original date that we were asking for) has been approved. YAY!!! :D
There is still some debate within the campaign about the venue - being outside and I guess (from what I've been told) that the people in the campaign aren't as positive as we are that we can attract three to five thousand Ron Paul supporters to the event. So, they are considering other options than Independence Mall. Tom is fighting hard to keep the venue as are myself and others. I've spoken to several people at campaign headquarters about the significance of the venue and also why we believe that as opposed to their current high of about 1600 people at a single rally, why we believe we can get twice that much and more in Philadelphia on November 10. So, MARK YOU CALENDARS and plan on being in Philly on the 10th of November and pass the word. We are planning an event none of you will soon forget. The website should be up by the beginning of the week and as soon as we have a pac we will begin taking donations to help pay for everything. It's going to be a blast! Hope to see all of you there. :D

Could you make a couple of hundred more posts on this? With the amount of time you have you should get 10,000 people there.

davidhperry
09-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I would encourage you to have an indoor location - at least as a backup. It it rains or is overly cold, you're going to have a drastically low number turn out.

LibertyEagle
09-29-2007, 10:09 AM

I'm not sure they know about it.

Sematary
09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Could you make a couple of hundred more posts on this? With the amount of time you have you should get 10,000 people there.

I'll make as many posts as I need to. :D

Sematary
09-29-2007, 02:10 PM
I would encourage you to have an indoor location - at least as a backup. It it rains or is overly cold, you're going to have a drastically low number turn out.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Eric21ND
09-29-2007, 04:24 PM
bump

slantedview
09-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm still positive for Independance Mall. Don't let the campaign push you around too much on this :)

walt
09-29-2007, 05:04 PM
I'll make as many posts as I need to. :D

talk about hype and no action - sounds like Philly sports radio... :D